Skin Cyst? Cheap removal?

oarias

Howdy,

I got three nasty skin cysts. I've had them for years, but only since I got to Pattaya have they started REALLY acting up. There is one in the center of my back that I can not reach to cover with a bandage. So I gotta wear dark shirts because just walking around in the heat seems to make them burst. :(

Looking around in Central Festival Mall this afternoon, I noticed a couple of "skin care" places (on the same level as Annie's Pretzels). According to what is written on the windows, at least one of them does some manner of actual medical skin care (as opposed to beauty treatments). Has anyone used any of these places to get work done?

If not, can you recommend someplace I can get the cysts removed? Preferably cheap. :)

Thank you!

OP, cyst removal must be performed by a competent surgeon.

If the cyst is not removed with the sack that is in, or the sack brakes during the removal, the cyst will come back soon.

So you better go to a hospital and ask their opinion, don't just look for a cheap solution.

Also I would advice to have a biopsy of the tissue.

OP, cyst removal must be performed by a competent surgeon.

If the cyst is not removed with the sack that is in, or the sack brakes during the removal, the cyst will come back soon.

So you better go to a hospital and ask their opinion, don't just look for a cheap solution.

Also I would advice to have a biopsy of the tissue.

Yeah, I actually have a surgical appointment with my dermatologist back in the States to have the one in the back removed. But that isn't until November!

Didn't think it would be as much of a problem as it has been, so I was going to see if there was an option locally to get it done sooner.

Any good dermatologists/or GP surgeons in Pattaya that could get this done then? Not sure where the nearest hospital (or best for this sort of thing) is either, I'm staying off of Soi Boukao if that helps?

Thanks!

Edited by oarias

I had that done at my butt, by the young surgeon at Pattaya International Hospital, Soi 4, 1 year ago. It was really big, bleeding, and caused a lot of pain,

He did a good job and not expensive. Never had problems again.

Edited by kdrayong
  • Like 1

The vast majority of skin cysts are benign and can be removed by a competent GP at a clinic for about B800. The doc will advise you if it needs to be done at a hsp and biopsy performed. There's a new public hsp on Soi Buakhao; they can probably handle it. I once had one removed at the public hsp in Sriricha for B300. The private Bangkok Pattaya hsp would have charged B6000.

After the removal, you'll need the dressing changed perhaps daily. Do that a few times then you might put on a tegaderm type of dressing: http://www.nexcare.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/NANexcare/Nexcare/ProductCat/~/Tegaderm-Waterproof-Transparent-Dressing?N=3294631802+4326&rt=rud.

The vast majority of skin cysts are benign and can be removed by a competent GP at a clinic for about B800. The doc will advise you if it needs to be done at a hsp and biopsy performed. There's a new public hsp on Soi Buakhao; they can probably handle it. I once had one removed at the public hsp in Sriricha for B300. The private Bangkok Pattaya hsp would have charged B6000.

After the removal, you'll need the dressing changed perhaps daily. Do that a few times then you might put on a tegaderm type of dressing: http://www.nexcare.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/NANexcare/Nexcare/ProductCat/~/Tegaderm-Waterproof-Transparent-Dressing?N=3294631802+4326&rt=rud.

Thanks, didn't know there was a hospital that close. Haven't ventured that far down Soi Buakhao, I'll go tomorrow morning and see if they can remove them.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I got my Thai staff to call the new hospital on Soi Buakhao to ask if they could remove a cyst and also give a cortisone injection. The answer to both was no.

Now that's bad! What CAN they do? Draw blood and ship to a lab for testing?

I got my Thai staff to call the new hospital on Soi Buakhao to ask if they could remove a cyst and also give a cortisone injection. The answer to both was no.

Now that's bad! What CAN they do? Draw blood and ship to a lab for testing?

No but they may be able to cut you so that you can collect the blood in a clean recipient and then you can bring it to a lab for testing thumbsup.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Dr. Anna at the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital Skin Clinic knows what she is doing.

Trained at Stanford University.

+1 for the recommendation for Dr. Anna.

Thanks both of you, had a different skin problem, annoying painful and not only was not getting better, was worsening.

I went to see Dr. Anna last week, very thorough and professional.

Asked what seemed to be the right questions a quick biopsy test, gave good advice etc.

She warned it might take a bit of time but now greatly improved/virtually cleared up.

Excellent IMO.

I was in Pattaya International Hospital today and they wanted to charge 8,000 Baht to remove a cyst from my back. I thought that was expensive and so declined and left.

I then went to a clinic at the top of Soi Lengkee where a couple of friends have gone to have cysts removed. The doc there said because of the location of the cyst and the thickness of the skin in that location he did not want to take the job on, as he works alone and if there were any complications (excessive bleeding for example) it could all go horribly wrong. He advised that if I wanted to keep the cost down I should go to Banglamung Hospital or else one of the other government hospitals in Sattahip or Sriracha.

I plan to check out a clinic on Nern Plub Wan tomorrow, as well as Pattaya Memorial and BPH and see what they are all charging. I will post my findings here.

I was quoted 12,000Baht to remove a small cyst on my shoulder at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital by the female Doctor in their cosmetic dept, after a 20 second examination, when I queried it, they started to get a bit evasive and could not explain. I would have thought if it was simple then it would be cheap, if they thought it was a bigger task then they should have taken an ultra scan to determine the depth.

Edited by lemel

I was quoted 12,000Baht to remove a small cyst on my shoulder at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital by the female Doctor in their cosmetic dept, after a 20 second examination, when I queried it, they started to get a bit evasive and could not explain. I would have thought if it was simple then it would be cheap, if they thought it was a bigger task then they should have taken an ultra scan to determine the depth.

Absurd. Price has doubled since I was quoted B6000 maybe 8 years ago.

I was in Pattaya International Hospital today and they wanted to charge 8,000 Baht to remove a cyst from my back. I thought that was expensive and so declined and left.

I then went to a clinic at the top of Soi Lengkee where a couple of friends have gone to have cysts removed. The doc there said because of the location of the cyst and the thickness of the skin in that location he did not want to take the job on, as he works alone and if there were any complications (excessive bleeding for example) it could all go horribly wrong. He advised that if I wanted to keep the cost down I should go to Banglamung Hospital or else one of the other government hospitals in Sattahip or Sriracha.

I plan to check out a clinic on Nern Plub Wan tomorrow, as well as Pattaya Memorial and BPH and see what they are all charging. I will post my findings here.

Had mine done maybe 8 years ago at the public hsp in Sriricha for B300. Very satisfactory experience. Had another done at a clinic maybe 6 mos ago for B800. :) Banglamung should be OK. I believe that hsp has improved in recent years.

I ended up going to the clinic at the Sukhumvit end of Soi Nern Plub Wan, next to the Kasikorn Bank. I was told 2,880 baht to have it removed and they could do it there and then. The doc there told me that he had worked in BPH for 8 years before starting up his own clinic. He speaks good English and seems like a nice enough fella.

Mine was a sebaceous cyst and I've had it for years. It looked a bit like a marble had been pushed under the skin on my back. Maybe this is not the same type of cyst as the OP or others... I don't know much about other types. Anyway, a local anesthetic and 30 minutes of snipping and cutting later, it was removed. Because he had to go quite deep to get it out the doctor said I would need a couple of internal dissolving stitches as well as 4 or 5 external stitches, and this would cost an extra 500 Baht. Seemed reasonable enough.

I guess I was in there for about an hour and the total cost was 3,380 baht. All in all I was happy with the price and the treatment and I never bothered to check out what this would've cost at BPH or Memorial.