August 4, 201412 yr Just wondering if anyone from the oil and gas industry has made this visa? I will be getting a proof of income letter from the UK Embassy, is it just pay slips that they require as proof, also is your address on the income letter. I am using an agent in Hua Hin and they say i need a copy of of a house registration book from that area, my mate lives there so its not a problem to get that but my pay slips have my home address on them. The Embassy says to get the letter i have to send them the form and proof and they EMS it back to you. Should I just give my mates address to the embassy for delivery back as i do not want my address on the letter and showing a house registration book from Hua Hin Thanks in advance
August 4, 201412 yr You don't need a house book to get an extension of stay. Or is it because you do not have your own residence in Hua Hin. If you are renting a residence you can show a rental agreement with copies of the owners house book and attached. Info on income letter from UK embassy is here. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-obtain-a-pensionincome-letter-for-thai-immigration
August 5, 201412 yr Author Thanks for the reply Ubonjoe, I live in Phitsanulok and i will be applying for the visa in Hua Hin as that is where the visa agent is. If i have the income letter mailed back to my house in Phitsanulok, will this address be put on the income letter, or should i just have the letter mailed to my friends house in Hua Hin. I don't want to have a problem with immigration asking why I am applying in Hua Hin when i live in Phitsanulok. I am just trying to find out if your address is actually on the proof of income letter from the Embassy. Thanks Geordie
August 5, 201412 yr You don't need a house book to get an extension of stay. Or is it because you do not have your own residence in Hua Hin. If you are renting a residence you can show a rental agreement with copies of the owners house book and attached. Info on income letter from UK embassy is here. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-obtain-a-pensionincome-letter-for-thai-immigration I know quite a few guys who have retirement visa's in Thailand, but work the offshore game in places like Angola etc but as far as I am aware all have just put 800k in the bank in Thailand and done it that way
August 5, 201412 yr Being an offshore worker or not doesn't come into it at all. I assume you are 50+ You have an income letter from the British Embassy so just need a certificate of residence from them too. I have only ever shown them statements from my UK bank to my Thai address for that. Take your bank book anyway, it never hurts to show Immigration proof of money coming into Thailand. No need to even think of using an agent, easy to do yourself, in fact I'll be applying for yet another extension tomorrow. Once you have your retirement extension don't forget a multi-entry visa, it only takes a few minutes more.
Create an account or sign in to comment