moving gf to canada

Im 24 my thai gf is 25. We are about to have a baby boy in a week or so.. what are my chances of gettin her a visitors visa. I make descent money. Im leaving to thailand in a few months. What should i bring to make sure i can make this happend... bank statements ect???... i was planning to stay for 5 months in thailand.. but if i have a chance of bringing her home i will try... iv been sending her 15 000 a month for quite some time now because she cant work. I dont mind taking care of her

I have spent quite a bit of time in Canada over the years and from my experience of their strict immigration you are facing

a bit of an uphill struggle.

Have you thought of approaching a decent agent to assist with the application?

The other question is do you think your partner could cope with the cold and misery of Canada in the winter?

The number one thing Canadian immigration is looking for a visitor visa application is proof that the applicant will return home. My friend just got a 2 year multiple entry visa for Canada. He is a Thai guy, with a good job, a house and mortgage in Thailand, money in the bank, a fiancee in thailand, and a history of travel. His visa will allow him to come an go to Canada as he pleases, in the next 2 years, for a maximum of 180 days per year. I wish I could get a visa like that for thailand. Basically he has lots of reason to go back to thailand.

Your gf is the opposite of this and my guess she will be very unlikely to get a visitors visa without some serious perjury. However, because you are a long documented history together, and a child together, getting a permanent resident immigration visa for her should be pretty straight forward. Of course the permanent resident visa would depend on if you two are planning on staying together for the long term. Canada immigration law may seam a little difficult, but it is actually much easier in the long run compared to thailand.

• 2 weeks later...

you need go sit down with your gf and discuss all the reasons why you both feel she would return back to thailand. now take out any emotional type answers (sick family, elderly parents, look after her other children) what ever you have left over might help...owns land, has a job, going to and enrolled in post secondary education. immigration canada needs her to prove (not you) she will return back to thailand.

also in regards to the child unless you are legally married just listing your name on the birth certificate does not automatically make you the legal father. also for registering them for canadian citizenship as well. good luck

When my then GF first applied for a visitors visa to Canada she was denied. A year later we were married and I had put some land in my wife's name. Also this time I went in with my wife for the interview. Really most of the questions were directed to me rather than my wife. They seemed very interested in the land my wife owned and a visa for a six month stay was given.

Geez man , you have dug yourself a difficult hole.

You are in such a sh** hole.

Go to an visa agent. Your only hope.

I wish you well. If.you you older, which means money , it might be easier.

If i was looking at you application i would black line it in a blink.

My son is your age and i still give him assistance. Why ?because people your age have no money. And you have a pregnant gf. Good luck son