August 5, 201412 yr Hello, I'm Stacy. I'm currently here on a double entry tourist visa. I'm on my first entry. My daughter is here on a fly in 30 day visa exempt. I have just today, (August 5 2014) enrolled her in school. The school says they need to check on options for her ed visa and are going to take care of her paperwork. I'm confused with all the new laws. I really need some sound advice. We arrived in Thailand July 15th. I plan on getting the Non-O for guardian purposes. I know that I need 500,000 thb in the bank. Does it need to be in the bank for 3 months? Also, Will I need to leave the country to get mine and my daughters visas? If the money needs to be in the bank for 3 months before I can get my Non-O, then do I need to go out of the country for a new tourist visa? I'm very confused about the Non-O for guardian purposes, and was hoping I can just go to immigration here in Chiang mai. Bangkok would even be easier than leaving the country. I looked around the forum for these answers, but found nothing that helped. Thank you, Stacy Phemister
August 5, 201412 yr Check this thread. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/723936-guardian-visa-non-immigrant-o-visa/ 500k seasoned 30 days first time then 90 days thereafter.
August 5, 201412 yr Hello, I'm Stacy. I'm currently here on a double entry tourist visa. I'm on my first entry. My daughter is here on a fly in 30 day visa exempt. I have just today, (August 5 2014) enrolled her in school. The school says they need to check on options for her ed visa and are going to take care of her paperwork. I'm confused with all the new laws. I really need some sound advice. We arrived in Thailand July 15th. I plan on getting the Non-O for guardian purposes. I know that I need 500,000 thb in the bank. Does it need to be in the bank for 3 months? Also, Will I need to leave the country to get mine and my daughters visas? If the money needs to be in the bank for 3 months before I can get my Non-O, then do I need to go out of the country for a new tourist visa? I'm very confused about the Non-O for guardian purposes, and was hoping I can just go to immigration here in Chiang mai. Bangkok would even be easier than leaving the country. I looked around the forum for these answers, but found nothing that helped. Thank you, Stacy PhemisterYou need to leave country to obtain visas for both your daughter, and you as a dependent. I recommend Vientane or Savannakhet in Laos for that.You will be using reason 2.11http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/doc/temporarystay/policy777-2551_en.pdfHowever I recommend that you consider getting yourself an ED visa.
Create an account or sign in to comment