Farang spotted selling Isaan sausage in Bangkok to help his girlfriend

webfact

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's about five thousand guys in Pattaya, Phuket, Hua Hin whose wife owns a beer bar/restaurant/guest house, and they are not allowed to pour a drink or wipe a table.  If caught lifting a finger they can be fined and/or jailed even though all the money to run the place comes from them.

I've heard them moaning about this for years.  How do you think they feel when they read about somebody selling sausages?

'nuff said

~

• Like 1

How do we know that this guy is actually getting paid to do this work..?? It says he is helping his girlfriend who maybe ill, away from home for a few days, anything.

None of us know the full story, just sounds like a decent fella to me, helping his family. Not all Farangs here are losers!

Give him a break all you negative-vibe monkeys!

An alien cannot volunteer in the Kingdom of Thailand without a valid Work Permit to do so.

Please respect the laws of Thailand, Alien.

laugh.png , your a plum............laugh.png

Post of the week.

Bloke must be one of these on back to back visa exempt stamps, working illegally & why so many Thai men have no option but to lay in their hammock comptemplating & chatting about the bigger picture & what could be if people like him weren't in Thailand.
The Junta will be jumping up & down on the tables demanding how this could be happening on their watch.
The crackdown is faltering, the end is nigh...

I know one man who sells furntiure...even has his name on the sign.  Done it for years, oftentimes with no Thai worker/wife there with him. He definitely has no work visa.

How does one figure they are safe from getting punished for violating a known law?  The man insists it is not a problem.  Refuses to recognize that one day, a knowing, possibly disgruntled customer/competitor, may phone up immigration and report him.

Edited by slipperylobster

I know one man who sells furntiure...even has his name on the sign.  Done it for years, oftentimes with no Thai worker/wife there with him. He definitely has no work visa.

How does one figure they are safe from getting punished for violating a known law?  The man insists it is not a problem.  Refuses to recognize that one day, a knowing, possibly disgruntled customer/competitor, may phone up immigration and report him.

I know a farang that is the chef in his own cafe, wife of course, but many farang do not realise that here you cannot do it....sad.png

I feel bad for all the poor Thai people who are now unable to work that Soi while this Farang corners the whole issan sausage market there. I wonder how much he is paying off the police? 10,20 baht a day?

There's about five thousand guys in Pattaya, Phuket, Hua Hin whose wife owns a beer bar/restaurant/guest house, and they are not allowed to pour a drink or wipe a table.  If caught lifting a finger they can be fined and/or jailed even though all the money to run the place comes from them.

I've heard them moaning about this for years.  How do you think they feel when they read about somebody selling sausages?

'nuff said

~

Two wrongs don't make a right eh?

Arithmetic dear boy...nuff said.

I know of a case in Phuket that happened more than 15 years ago.

A foreigner's wife used to sell lemons (manao) opposite the main market She sat on the pavement with some sacking cloth spread out with the lemons arranged on it.

She asked her foreign husband to get another sack of lemons from their pick-up, which he did.

Next day, immigration got him due to an anonymous complaint and he was deported.

It does happen. See my earlier post about risk and reward with regard to his activity.

Frankly, I couldn't care less what he does, but, in this political climate, my conclusion is that he's being very stupid.

I always think there is always A LOT more to these stories than the headline

It's not really gonna be related to selling Lemons it's someone else in the market using influence to punish them on anything with the whole visa/work thing being an easy one in this case

Deacon Bell, on 06 Aug 2014 - 16:17, said:

CockneyGit, on 06 Aug 2014 - 13:09, said:

How do we know that this guy is actually getting paid to do this work..?? It says he is helping his girlfriend who maybe ill, away from home for a few days, anything.

None of us know the full story, just sounds like a decent fella to me, helping his family. Not all Farangs here are losers!

An alien cannot volunteer in the Kingdom of Thailand without a valid Work Permit to do so.

Then the volunteer tourist police should be deported, they don't have wp's and there is no royal decree to entitle them to work without a wp.

Deacon Bell, on 06 Aug 2014 - 16:17, said:

CockneyGit, on 06 Aug 2014 - 13:09, said:

Then the volunteer tourist police should be deported, they don't have wp's and there is no royal decree to entitle them to work without a wp.

They can, I do........noooooooooo probs.

One day on a big market i stumbled upon a farang with a full roll of doner kebab that he was grilling/selling. Unfortunately that market was so crowded that i couldn't even stand in front of his stand and also it was far to warm to eat doner.

I still hope to see him again one day because doner is something i really miss in BKK. 

In Europe many foreigners have their own restaurants and we love to eat their food. Thailand also loves western food but they don't care for all the other kitchens which is a real miss. Thai are not good in cooking with meat and that's what real men love to eat.wai2.gif

It makes you an easy target for an extortion attempt.  The guy with the lemons likely had a chance to make a donation; and refused.  Then there is always the music police.....I hope they don't resort to kidnapping, like the Mexicans and Colombians.....I won't even mention the Russians, since they are sub-human.

And what happens to you if you try to work in the US without a green card?  Imprisonment and deportation.

How about you other guys' wonderful home countries?

Where's the rights?  Where's the humanity?  Certainly not in the west.

'nuff said

~

But he (and us) are white and Western, we can do whatever we want, wherever we want, whenever we want. We don't have to obey other race's and other country's rules. Because we are white and Western.

In fact, the locals should be bowing to us for coming here and paying no regard, nor showing no respect to their silly laws and customs.

wow a white supremist on here...you think all westerners are white ....think again..brains..your feeble attempt...is what it is...feeble

Sarcasm.