Entire car of train passengers drugged, Thai police suspect

webfact

Happened to my MIL in a hospital in Chonburi where she was visiting a patient with a group of people. About 10 years ago.

The group accepted drinks by someone in hospital while in a waiting room, they all went under and were robbed of belongings.

Perhaps it's a Buddhist thing.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...come think of it, I still prefer being drugged and having my belongings stolen while sleeping, over gangs taking them from me point-blank while I am awake, as seems to be happening elsewhere. whistling.gif Just wondering how he could have done it. Putting something in the Aircon...? Like in the movies?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

wouldn't it have been good to wait until the police have confirmed the passengers were drugged before the media makes it a fact?

Quiet so, Thailand pins the tail on the donkey before the facts are presented , mostly to judges, like those police arrests, look what I have done photo shoots and nobody has been tried, same case here, they all might have the same doctor, who prescribed heavy sleeping pills for their journey. 

The news has to be all in the headline.  "   Entire car of train passengers drugged makes a great headline, even if there is no evidence yet.  Obviously they never thoiught to check if any "Teen Single Moms"  involved or that would have got in to make it even better.  Thailand  Hub of under researched and badly written news items.

...come think of it, I still prefer being drugged and having my belongings stolen while sleeping, over gangs taking them from me point-blank while I am awake, as seems to be happening elsewhere.

Yes, in El Salvador or Columbia, perhaps,

Edited by Deacon Bell

Note to self ... do not travel by train
Note to self do not travel by bus
Note to self ...do not travel by passenger van
Note to self .... never leave condo

Condo not safe. You'll most likely tumble off the balcony.  

Wow. These robbers ought to sell their secret to the Russian special forces. A little over a decade ago, there was a crisis in a Moscow theatre, with Chechen terrorists holding several hundred patrons hostage. Russian special forces pumped into the theatre an undisclosed 'knock out' gas which directly led to the deaths of over a 100 hostages (i.e., it was the gas, not the terrorists, that killed them). But somehow, some Thai geniuses have managed to successfully incapacitate a train-car full of passengers without causing any long-term harm. Impressive...

Scores of items stolen from single carriage another blow to railway officials

SONGKHLA, 6 August 2014 (NNT) – In another upset to State Railway and Railway Police officials who have recently been scurrying to boost public confidence in train travel, ten mobile phones and an amount of cash belonging to passengers on a carriage of a south-bound train from Bangkok were reportedly stolen early Tuesday morning,

There were about 30 passengers in the car at the time of the theft. It was only one train car away from the safety-focused 'lady bogey' that had recently been introduced to address safety concerns. Some of the passengers suspected those in the carriage may have been drugged, as most of the passengers reported having slept throughout the night without waking up – a rather unusual occurrence for them.

State Railway officials disclosed that the director for train operations, Thanongsak Phongprathet, has ordered the implementation of another security measure, under which the train keeper and the police officers on each train will conduct hourly patrols between midnight and 5 am.

[nnt]2014-08-06[/nnt]

What could be drugged that everyone in the same rail car could possibly consume???

Possibly Gas....Gangs sometimes use this in Spain through the A/C system to knock out everyone (including the dog) in the house and rob them whilst they are sleeping...

Train passengers say they were drugged, robbed
The Nation

30240333-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Nine passengers on a southern overnight train believe they were drugged by a thief who got away with 10 mobile phones and Bt2,500 in cash, Songkhla's Hat Yai Railway Police said yesterday.

The victims - among some 30 passengers - reportedly slept only a carriage away from the tightly guarded "women and children" car.

After the report of the theft on the Bangkok-Sungai Kolok express, the train stopped at Hat Yai Station to let police inspect the 10th air-conditioned sleeper car in which the nine victims were robbed.

Paramilitary volunteer Pathom Pinakorn said he and several others slept deeply as if they were drugged when they normally would have had a shallow sleep because of the train's vibration. He woke up at 6am and saw his phone missing, and eight others also lost phones.

Hat Yai Railway Police deputy inspector Pol Captain Phanomnoi said the theft possibly took place between 3am and 6am when the train ran between Surat Thani and Thung Song stations. He declined to confirm speculation that the passengers had been drugged, pending results of physical examinations.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Train-passengers-say-they-were-drugged-robbed-30240333.html

[thenation]2014-08-06[/thenation]

Although i travel by train everywhere,i really couldn't handle being in a " sleeper air con carriage " Far more enjoyable to take the " day train " with the window open as there is so many wonderful views and lovely scenery to take in. Highly unlikely to be " gassed " on the Ordinary 31 baht train from Pattaya - Bangkok...... x

My wife and i stayed at a bali hotel units a candridasa. I woke up in the night feeling something not quite right and the curtains moving but no fan or wind. I shouted out and made some noise and heard a noise outside and then some people running. I got outside the cottage and found my shorts on the ground outside the window with the wallet and cash gone. I could see 2 of the security staff collapsed at the ends of the pool looked like they were drunk and fast asleep. I couldnt wake them. I went to the front of the hotel and sll the night staff and security were fast asleep and the office had been completely ransackef and all the safe boxes busted open. The upshot was they had all been drugged and 3 were serious and admitted to hospital. One sustained perm. Serious brain injury. Seems like a mob came in asking for accommodation and shared poppas with all the staff and crew. U wouldnt believe that everyone could be drugged, but it happens.
  • Like 1

In the "drugged" and robbed passenger carriage there were guards and rangers. In the next "Ladies Only" carriage there were also guards and rangers. This "Ladies Only" carriage presumably has female guards and rangers. If a whole carriage could be put into deep sleep, the "Ladies Only" carriage could be similarly "drugged". Wouldn't that be having an all-night orgy there, guards and rangers notwithstanding. Hourly patrolling of the carriages could deter thieves, robbers and rapists.

Train passengers say they were drugged, robbed
The Nation

30240333-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Nine passengers on a southern overnight train believe they were drugged by a thief who got away with 10 mobile phones and Bt2,500 in cash, Songkhla's Hat Yai Railway Police said yesterday.

The victims - among some 30 passengers - reportedly slept only a carriage away from the tightly guarded "women and children" car.

After the report of the theft on the Bangkok-Sungai Kolok express, the train stopped at Hat Yai Station to let police inspect the 10th air-conditioned sleeper car in which the nine victims were robbed.

Paramilitary volunteer Pathom Pinakorn said he and several others slept deeply as if they were drugged when they normally would have had a shallow sleep because of the train's vibration. He woke up at 6am and saw his phone missing, and eight others also lost phones.

Hat Yai Railway Police deputy inspector Pol Captain Phanomnoi said the theft possibly took place between 3am and 6am when the train ran between Surat Thani and Thung Song stations. He declined to confirm speculation that the passengers had been drugged, pending results of physical examinations.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Train-passengers-say-they-were-drugged-robbed-30240333.html

[thenation]2014-08-06[/thenation]

So 9 passengers among 30....

Did they interrogate the other 21 passengers???

whistling.gif

This has to be another inside job or an organised group that travel the trains specifically for this purpose with insiders involved

It is also very unlikely that this is the first time it has happened, probably a very regular occurrence that has been going on for months or years as I'm sure will be revealed over the next few days

Agree with the above 2 notes..

but I personally like the train - but have never travelled at night  and probably will not now after whats gone on recently.

Look at the bemused cops , even they can't believe it, whats next.

The more i read these headlines the sicker i feel, they need security cameras on each carriage and if and when caught , as someone in a previous blog said ,public flogging.

The Junta im sure will start making examples of this scum, and believe me they need to, they are a low life and going to jail is no deterrent, they are better off in a lot of instances.

Note to self ... do not travel by train
Note to self .... never leave condo

You left out - do not travel by plane, otherwise you could end up disappearing without a trace or shot down over a war zone.

My wife and i stayed at a bali hotel units a candridasa. I woke up in the night feeling something not quite right and the curtains moving but no fan or wind. I shouted out and made some noise and heard a noise outside and then some people running. I got outside the cottage and found my shorts on the ground outside the window with the wallet and cash gone. I could see 2 of the security staff collapsed at the ends of the pool looked like they were drunk and fast asleep. I couldnt wake them. I went to the front of the hotel and sll the night staff and security were fast asleep and the office had been completely ransackef and all the safe boxes busted open. The upshot was they had all been drugged and 3 were serious and admitted to hospital. One sustained perm. Serious brain injury. Seems like a mob came in asking for accommodation and shared poppas with all the staff and crew. U wouldnt believe that everyone could be drugged, but it happens.

Did you manage to spot whether the thieves were naked? On Bali, they believe if they're not wearing clothes they can't be seen. And you think the Thais are weird blink.png

I really want to know if the passengers were actually drugged and if so, how, and with what.

Will it be necessary to bring my own food and beverages on overnight train trips from now on?

SRT sure is getting a lot of bad luck recently.

Edited by 96tehtarp