Aggressive car windshield cleaners gang arrested in Bangkok

webfact

Aggressive Car Windshield Cleaners Gang Arrested
By Khaosod English

14072479461407248047l.jpg
The suspects point to equipment they allegedly used.

BANGKOK - Police have arrested a group of car windshield cleaners in Bangkok who reportedly dirtied their potential patrons' cars before they offered to clean them.

Pol.Lt.Col. Siam Intarasuwanno, deputy superintendent at Thoong Maha Mek Police Station, said police have received many complaints from motorists about the group, who had been operating at an intersection on Narathiwat Ratchanakarin Road.

According to the complaints, the suspects - identified as Boonchoo Sookthong, Mana Saeling, Sirikul Boonyanan, and Somsak Thimwat - splashed dirty water at random cars as they waited for the green light at the intersection, then approached the motorists to offer their windshield cleaning service.

When the motorists refused, the suspects "aggressively" and rudely berated them, Pol.Lt.Col. Siam said.

"So I ordered the investigative officers to inspect the area, and they found the suspects committing the crime," Pol.Lt.Col. Siam told reporters. He said all suspects confessed that they have been performing this scam "for many times" because they need the money.

Pol.Lt.Col. Siam said the four individuals have been charged with causing nuisance to the public, which carries a penalty of 1,000 baht fine.

Source: http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1407247946&typecate=06&section=

[khaosod]2014-08-06[/khaosod]

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meanwhile. Entire carriages of people are robbed on trains while police are on board.
Good to see the important stuff is focused upon.

/sarcasm

Are they going to put army commandos in every intersection to protect the public from such

unruly hooligans now I wonder?

I have no problem with people trying to do honest work, even if it is a little annoying. But first splashing dirty water on people's cars and then being intentionally offensive to people when they are declined, is too much. They are lucky they only got charged as a nuisance. I would have hit them up with vandalism, obstructing traffic, and jaywalking fines as well.

• Like 2

Common practice in London too!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Everywhere in Europe too, but not in Romania.... Difference is: a lot more aggressive there.

The practice was born in Romania decades ago, probably with the Roms!

On the French Riviera, a dozen of  young Roms could be waiting at the same traffic light, extremely aggressive ready to muck up your perfectly clean windscreen blink.png

These poor kids are just trying to earn a living and support their old and sick parents at home.

and their buffalo

Or there lazy alcoholic brother who sits and wants everything for free !

• Like 1

These poor kids are just trying to earn a living and support their old and sick parents at home.

and their buffalo

Or there lazy alcoholic brother who sits and wants everything for free !

Rather negative view there. While what these people are doing us wrong, the fact they are desperate enough to do it is telling. Let us all hope that such dire poverty, desperation and a society with little or no safety net to protect those in the situation these people probably are in, affects any of us.
  • Like 2

Maybe if they tried approaching the car with a big smile and asking to clean my wind shield I would be more willing. Intentionally dirtying the glass or cleaning without asking and expecting compensation will just piss off most people.

• Like 2

Maybe if they tried approaching the car with a big smile and asking to clean my wind shield I would be more willing. Intentionally dirtying the glass or cleaning without asking and expecting compensation will just piss off most people.

wouldn't you just put het into warp speed and go wisely.

Does the BIB,  victims / witnesses and the media ever think just how ridiculous this pointing routine looks ?

Particularly so in this case.

Maybe the water bottle and basin admitted to being accomplices but claimed they had been forced to do it.

• Like 2

Does the BIB,  victims / witnesses and the media ever think just how ridiculous this pointing routine looks ?

It gets better than that. I was told by a local government official that the arrest warrant I was holding was invalid as it hadn't a photograph attached showing me pointing at the perpetrator blink.png  I told her, you bring the bastard here and I'll bloody well point at him laugh.png  Anyway, fortunately the AG thought otherwise.

Edited by jpeg
  • Like 1

Yes, but it does hurt and humiliate the guys who were doing this, right ?
Imagine going home, and one of your ar___  neighbours is laughing at you, and saying "ha, I saw you on television earlier on, you really did look stupid".

Yes, but it does hurt and humiliate the guys who were doing this, right ?
Imagine going home, and one of your ar___  neighbours is laughing at you, and saying "ha, I saw you on television earlier on, you really did look stupid".

BUT they were pointing at a water bottle and a basin.

i know what you mean but it some jurisdictions it would not be permitted and could damage a prosecution but luckily Thai law ( Thai law ? ) is made up as they go along.