German Family Robbed, 13 Year Old Daughter Raped

Jai Yen Yen

to me sums up the daft mentality that some people have in this country.

Not only in this country; certain South-American groups were notorious for getting even; wiping out whole families and innocent bystanders in the process.

A certain small country in the middle-east is using the same strategy.

The amount of times I read things like this!!! :D:o

My wife was kidnapped, drugged, gagged, hand cuffed, with a gun at her head and made to sign documents pertaining to my business dealings because some prick had a gambling debt....... Bad mistake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will **** all of them - nanon!

(currently writing this story)

This country is getting more dangerous by the day. How can pricks like this call themselves buddhists!

I fear you are right, a local policemen in Phuket warned me that more and more Thais working in Phuket are finding it harder and harder to survive from day to day and the resentment for us Farlungs is growing!! How far it goes...who knows, but it is a definate trend and a real worry.

I saw this story in the English press a day or two ago. It seems like every horrible story like this has a counter story in the Thai press that does come very close to smearing or blaming the foreigners(by implication or directly). For example, the story about the English teacher who was killed by his girlfriend's male friend was reported in the Thai press as trying to pick up the Thai man's girlfriend.

Does anyone keep up with stories simultaneously through both the Enlish and Thai press? It is amazing how differently the stories are reported.

I have noticed some of this and then I thnk perhaps I should stop reading the news. Thai paper says white guys fault, White papers say Thai guys fault. There's no news here, just yellow jouralism. :o

Thailand has become dangerous and more brutal. I dont like to read thainews because there are only badnews , only kill , brutal murder.

Felt so sorry for the family and for the kid who was raped. This nightmare shall accompany her through lifetime. :D

Farang who has been living in Thailand should not show thais that you are weahthy. You can not trust anybody, not even one of your wife's relation.

Life is not so safe and we have to taking care and dont trust anybody easily.

Update:

Four held in rape of woman, daughter

Attack 'was in revenge for debt owed by German underworld figure'

BANGKOK: -- Police yesterday arrested four people suspected of the July 4 rape of a mother and her teenage daughter.

Two men and two women are in custody for the alleged assaults.

The victims claimed they were raped by robbers in the Pathum Thani home of a suspected German underworld figure.

Provincial police commissioner Lt-General Wuth Puawase named the four suspects as Boonyong Khongsiri, 49, his nephew Kosin Khongsiri, 25, the nephew's common-law wife Wilaiwan Pheungchai, 25, and the businessman's maid, Plew Seubrom, 54.

Boonyong was charged with robbery and the rape of the wife. Kosin and Wilaiwan were charged with robbery. Plew was charged as an accomplice, he said.

Police continue to look for Boonyong's son Channarong Khongsiri, 26. He is wanted for the alleged rape of a minor and robbery.

The German's wife alleged that at about 4am on July 4 the gang broke into the Thanya Buri district house, tied her and her 13-year-old daughter up, before raping them and stealing valuables worth Bt590,000.

Wuth said police arrested Boonyong the same day. He told them Kosin and Wilaiwan had fled to Phuket.

Boonyong reportedly confessed to the crimes. He said Channarong had asked for help seeking Bt700,000, claimed to be back pay for working as the German's bodyguard.

He also claimed the man owed him money for abducting another German businessman.

The man was not at home when they arrived. The wife knew nothing of the alleged debt.

The wife and daughter were then raped and robbed.

Boonyong claimed to have an intimate relationship with Plew, who believed him to be a policeman. He wore a uniform whenever he visited. He had been in the house on several occasions.

He told police Plew let them into the house on the day of the alleged rapes and robbery.

Police have been unable to contact the German man.

They suspect he may be involved with an international criminal gang, he said.

--The Nation 2006-07-11