German Family Robbed, 13 Year Old Daughter Raped

Jai Yen Yen

Anyone hear anything about this? Sounds very bad - in Thai TV now.

German family - husband/father not in Thailand - robbed by 4 Thai men. The German boy managed to get out of the house and hide, but the 13 year old daughter was raped for an hour.

I heard about this story, but I didn't know that the men were connected to the father's bodyguard. Somehow, that doesn't surprise me at all.

Also, the Thai Journalists' Association is being criticized (yet again) for showing a picture of the rape victim.

I heard about this story, but I didn't know that the men were connected to the father's bodyguard. Somehow, that doesn't surprise me at all.

Also, the Thai Journalists' Association is being criticized (yet again) for showing a picture of the rape victim.

...and rightly so. I saw the pictures and could not believe they showed the 13 year old girl. In fact, identifying ANY of the family would not be allowed in the UK as it would lead to the identification of the girl. Unbelievable. Shameful.

I posted a summary of the original Thai Rath article but it was bumped to the news section. If I remember correctly, the father had 3 or 4 bodyguards and was involved in an unspecified business which involved his travelling out of the country most of the time. One of the men was recognized as a guard, and at least one of the criminals spoke English and German. The police suspected that it was not so much a robbery but connected to a dispute with the father, and mentioned that the maid had not been paid for several months. That doesn't make the crime any less horrible. Very likely they will be apprehended though.

I posted a summary of the original Thai Rath article but it was bumped to the news section. If I remember correctly, the father had 3 or 4 bodyguards and was involved in an unspecified business which involved his travelling out of the country most of the time. One of the men was recognized as a guard, and at least one of the criminals spoke English and German. The police suspected that it was not so much a robbery but connected to a dispute with the father, and mentioned that the maid had not been paid for several months. That doesn't make the crime any less horrible. Very likely they will be apprehended though.

Mmm, raping a 13 year old girl for not paying the maid? Sounds like smearing to me in order to point fingers at the family.

Thai Rath ... what a scumbag rag. :o

Naka.

Mmm, raping a 13 year old girl for not paying the maid? Sounds like smearing to me in order to point fingers at the family.

Absolutely, i spoke to my Wife about this too and she said these guy's wanted to hurt the German(Father) a lot...by raping the daugther (not to mention the daughter!) . It isn't unusual that these things happen here. Not the "faulty" Party has to pay but their loved ones. What a foul thing to do! For me this doesn't make sense at all and i feel very sorry about what has happened here and certainly hope of a soon recovery and justice to be done as well.

rcm :o

The amount of times I read things like this!!! :D:o

My wife was kidnapped, drugged, gagged, hand cuffed, with a gun at her head and made to sign documents pertaining to my business dealings because some prick had a gambling debt....... Bad mistake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will **** all of them - nanon!

(currently writing this story)

This country is getting more dangerous by the day. How can pricks like this call themselves buddhists!

The amount of times I read things like this!!! :D:o

My wife was kidnapped, drugged, gagged, hand cuffed, with a gun at her head and made to sign documents pertaining to my business dealings because some prick had a gambling debt....... Bad mistake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will **** all of them - nanon!

(currently writing this story)

This country is getting more dangerous by the day. How can pricks like this call themselves buddhists!

Its tragic what has happend, I believe people who rape kids all over the world should be shot and erased from this earth, but just my opinion.

They are not mentally ill. They knew very well what they were doing and thought it was ok. They grew up in a violent society with relatively low regard for human life or dignity where stories like this make front pages daily and gore is entertaining.

Not only in Thailand...

This is a brief on a crime over here when this .****.......shot a 7 year old kid in case she became a witness.....from the Times (with thanks)

Toni-Ann's killer almost got away with perfect crime, court told..By Adam Fresco

The murderer of a seven-year-old girl who was gunned down along with her father would have got away with the crime except for the public’s horrified reaction to the killings, the Old Bailey heard.

Toni-Ann Byfield’s body was found next to that of her father Bertram Byfield, a 41-year-old drug dealer in September 2003.

She had been shot in the back.

The murders, the jury was told, were committed by Joel Smith, 32, said to be a self-confessed gunman and robber of drug dealers.

The police could not find any clues at the scene and had it not been for people coming forward who would not normally associate with the police Smith may have got away with it, the court was told.

Toni-Ann, "a bright, fun-loving girl", was shot to eliminate her as a witness to her father’s murder, it was said.

Richard Horwell, for the prosecution, said: "Soon after midnight on Sunday 14th of September 2003, two victims were gunned down.

"As far as this defendant was concerned, it had been as near to the perfect crime as possible. There had been no witnesses, he had been able to escape from the scene without incident, there were no CCTV cameras to capture him entering or leaving.

"He must have been confident that he had left behind no scientifically detectable trace of his presence.

He had got away from the scene and would have got away from with the crime but for one fact.

Mr Horwell said Smith told Ipswich that he shot the dad claiming to have been hired for £25,000

The trial continues....wont go on about it but he was turned in by another crim.......should get life but wont help the kid much...............very sad .... :o

I saw this story in the English press a day or two ago. It seems like every horrible story like this has a counter story in the Thai press that does come very close to smearing or blaming the foreigners(by implication or directly). For example, the story about the English teacher who was killed by his girlfriend's male friend was reported in the Thai press as trying to pick up the Thai man's girlfriend.

Does anyone keep up with stories simultaneously through both the Enlish and Thai press? It is amazing how differently the stories are reported.

I saw this story in the English press a day or two ago. It seems like every horrible story like this has a counter story in the Thai press that does come very close to smearing or blaming the foreigners(by implication or directly). For example, the story about the English teacher who was killed by his girlfriend's male friend was reported in the Thai press as trying to pick up the Thai man's girlfriend.

Does anyone keep up with stories simultaneously through both the Enlish and Thai press? It is amazing how differently the stories are reported.

I have noticed some of this and then I thnk perhaps I should stop reading the news. Thai paper says white guys fault, White papers say Thai guys fault. There's no news here, just yellow jouralism. :o

Update to this story from ITV last night.

The mother has now reported that she was also raped. The 'bodyguard' has a previous history of committing rape. The police say they have matched his DNA with the crime (they have a DNA database??).

The big twist though is that the 'German' father is actually a Croatian, real name different from that given earlier. In November a court order was issued forbidding him from leaving Thailand.

Very sad if the family are paying for the father's sins.

Edited by Tarragona

In November a court order was issued forbidding him from leaving Thailand.

What the heck did he do to get that pristige??? Are you sure you don't mean forbidding him from staying in Thailand ? ?

I'm not sure what to make of this story altogether. I may not be a snoop-hound, but so many things just aren't adding up with this story.

First this guy at question, that no one knows the whereabouts let alone his family didn't even supposedly remember his cell phone number is no where in sight....now he's not even German....and now his wife finally remembers that she was also raped...

And what kind of business is this family-guy doing? Why don't we hear anything about that? Must be something big if he requires bodygaurds in Thanyaburi... Makes us all speculate that these guys are selling and pushing skin to Europe...whatever the case, doesn't sound like legit import-export to me...

So far, all the supposed facts sound pretty fishy to me...that or the media is messing up everything to make it interesting??? :o