Drugs Smuggling Laos Girls Arrested In Pattaya

Rimmer

Drugs Smuggling Laos Girls Arrested In Pattaya

29.jpg
PATTAYA:--PATTAYA – August 5, 2014 [Pattaya Daily News];- at 00.10 am Mr.Sakchai Tang-Ho-chief district of Bang Lamung-found out that villagers had smuggled and sold drugs in the local area therefore he ordered Mr.Pongthasit Pijjanan-deputy chief of sucurity- to investigate the matter. Later they planned to trick the drugs dealer to buy 1,025 amphetamines from 2 Laos girls with 110,000 baht. The officers made an appointed to exchange the drugs at room no.206 Noppakao hotel, North Pattaya.

Later 2 Laos girls arrived at the scene with a bag which contained a lot of drugs so the officers tricked them to the hotel where they exchange the money for the drugs before another team of officers caught them with 5 packs of drugs which contained 1,025 amphetamines.
Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/drugs-smuggling-laos-girls-arrested-in-pattaya/

[pan]2014-08-06[/pan]

Just as a matter of note, the ONDCP (or DEA or one major law enforcement agency, google can find the link) reports that up to one billion tabs of this stuff (which I think can be fairly described as evil) cross from Myanmar to Thailand every year. Even if the number is exaggerated by 200%, that's 1 million+ per day. So while this looks big, they're just small-time runners for the actual bad boys.

So they are here showing the laos suppliers, what about the drug dealers that were supposed to buy it. The ones from the start of the article whom were dealing from the village and instigated eventually his poorly explained article.

So retail dealing is now off the watch list, suppliers of the dealers only.  Sounds like a more effective way to stem the trade as shown overseas, but odd for asia.  

Just as a matter of note, the ONDCP (or DEA or one major law enforcement agency, google can find the link) reports that up to one billion tabs of this stuff (which I think can be fairly described as evil) cross from Myanmar to Thailand every year. Even if the number is exaggerated by 200%, that's 1 million+ per day. So while this looks big, they're just small-time runners for the actual bad boys.

That sort of makes the Burmese generals, who run nearly everything in that country some of the biggest drug dealers in the world. How come nobody ever talks about that? Billionaire heroin and meth dealers. Posing as generals.

I watched a movie today. It was fictional but in part included heaps of people who had drugs sewn into their stomach area  by force and were given air tickets to go to certain places all around the globe.

The crooks told them that they had to do this job or all their families would be killed.

So innocents from outside the drug world were "made" to do these jobs.

The cops in this OP caught two Lao girls. I am not saying they are innocent but really its not spectacular.

What would be spectacular would be catching the guys who sent these poor Lao girls.

Regards

• Like 1

Girls?  Females under 18 years of age in many places including Thailand are girls.  Why do the news agencies here insist on referring to fully grown--as in "adult"--women as girls?  It borders on pandering.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.  Trying to stop drug use is impossible and all governments around the world know it. 

If governments know they cant stop drug use with laws then what is their motivation?  Governments are not blind to the benefits derived from their involvement in the drug trade, just like the drug dealers they benefit from the situation. Drug enforcement as a trade is very lucrative venture and bestows to government immense power over their populations through the drug laws.

Its brilliant, create a solution to a problem that you know cant be fixed and then persuade the population into giving you their money and more control over their lives to fix it.  Its very hypocritical as most of the government enforcers are regularly getting high on alcohol.

I hate to criticize without offering a solution so I would suggest the worlds governments have tried enforcement, its obvious that it is not going to stop drug abuse.  A solution could be to modify the laws and try treating drug abuse like alcohol abuse and focus on treatment.

You are right but this Thailand! So this kind of concept does not apply... moreover: who's the guy/gang in the background?
Based on my experience, its a local Thai man/men, mostly also wearing an uniform and being in law enforcement or part of the national admin systen! So good luck with your - definitely holistic and smart - approach... thats all for statistics, nothing else! Edited by bronco10250

It’s brilliant, create a solution to a problem that you know can’t be fixed and then persuade the population into giving you their money and more control over their lives to fix it.

Being tough on drugs was a big election winner. Concern for the health and wellbeing of people was never the goal. It worked in terms of getting parties elected to govern. It has however obviously failed to reduce drug consumption. Maybe the excuse for the failure by the drug law enforcement agencies has been that they don't have enough resources, so they keep asking for larger budgets every year. But how long can this keep going? The U.S. tax payers who have been funding this failed but ongoing war have to say enough is enough. I think being tough on drugs could become an election loser, and political parties may soon jump onto the drug-decriminalization and harm-minimization bandwagon in order to get elected into power.

Edited by hyperdimension

Girls?  Females under 18 years of age in many places including Thailand are girls.  Why do the news agencies here insist on referring to fully grown--as in "adult"--women as girls?  It borders on pandering.

They don't insist on it, they just happen to have done so in this case.  It actually borders on Thai and English being different languages.

Last time I pointed that out I was attacked for being a pedant. So, you are a pedant as well in the eyes of some. Do you feel happy, boy?

I have a strong feeling the reason the Kingpins never get arrested is because there one's doing the arresting. Easy way to find out check there bank accounts and home for large deposits or hidden stash of cash. To many Thai police wearing Rolex watches.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I watched a movie today. It was fictional but in part included heaps of people who had drugs sewn into their stomach area  by force and were given air tickets to go to certain places all around the globe.

The crooks told them that they had to do this job or all their families would be killed.

So innocents from outside the drug world were "made" to do these jobs.

The cops in this OP caught two Lao girls. I am not saying they are innocent but really its not spectacular.

What would be spectacular would be catching the guys who sent these poor Lao girls.

Regards

Don't get lost in Hollywood mate........................thumbsup.gif

That sort of makes the Burmese generals, who run nearly everything in that country some of the biggest drug dealers in the world. How come nobody ever talks about that? Billionaire heroin and meth dealers. Posing as generals.

Everyone loves a man in Uniform. Have you forgotten the heroin going to the U.S in corpses body bags from Viet Nam by U.S. their military personnel and lest we forget the CIA Heroin and Opium trade routes.

Everyone loves a man in Uniform. Have you forgotten the heroin going to the U.S in corpses body bags from Viet Nam by U.S. their military personnel and lest we forget the CIA Heroin and Opium trade routes.

They did not need the corpses. They had cargo planes flying with palettes full of heroin. Air America was all about the CIA's clandestine financing, through heroin running. Nobody checked returning cargo planes for anything. Scot free is the proper term. That made Bush Sr. the original Pablo Escobar. Nobody talked about that during the elections!

Spidermike
Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect