Samui, married visa and work permit

Hi everybody,

I make this post on the Samui section because my question is specific to the Surat Thani province.

I already know that it's possible to get a work permit based on a married visa in Thailand. The company only needs a 1 million THB capital, the number of employes is 2 and the taxes are lower than with a B visa.

After visiting two different accountants, one of them told me that the labor office of Surat only gives one month work permits on the married visa. The other one was too expensive.

Is that true? does any of you experienced it? If yes, I would like to have your feedback.

Thanks.

complicated now allot of people are taking their visa seriously. Now i can see person after person with problem after problem.

Don't know who the other person you got a quote from with. As sometime you pay more you get more and with serious visa problems the cheaper option could be the long term the more expensive option. Obviously this is not always the case.

I would ask people to PM you with the companies they use based on their experience.

complicated now allot of people are taking their visa seriously. Now i can see person after person with problem after problem.

Don't know who the other person you got a quote from with. As sometime you pay more you get more and with serious visa problems the cheaper option could be the long term the more expensive option. Obviously this is not always the case.

I would ask people to PM you with the companies they use based on their experience.

First of all: I don't have any problem with my visa.

I would like to get a bit involved in my wife's business and I look for people who got a married visa and work permit to know the best way to do it. This forum is a better place to ask this kind of question than the bars.

"...and the taxes are lower than with a B visa."

The taxes would be the same.
The only difference might be that on a B, they might not have bothered to ask you about deductions for family members. That can be adjusted when you file every year.

End result is that it will be the same as long as the info you provide is the same.