Man Bags. Why Don't More Farang Men Use These?

deknoiJT

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get my girlfriend to carry my extras. I don't carry much though. My smartphone and wallet stay in my pocket. If I need to bring my passport and retainer case for my teeth my girl will carry the items in her pocketbook.

What happens if you get drunk and lose your bag? Or what happens if someone grabs it and makes a run for it?

Because they are FUGLY ?

Well, to me they are ... laugh.png

Maybe the style has changed?

Do you have a photo of what you have in kind?

My dear boy, man bags come in thousands of shapes and sizes and styles.

Having seen the fashion sense of so many men here I beleive most man bags could only enhance the visual attractiveness of the man

Please google 'man bags' for pictures.

• Like 2

I am a "man bag" man and have been for at least 20 years.

Unlike the OP I do not like the look of the diagonal across the shoulder man bag.

This is my preferred style.

This example is all class, IMO. Simple, stylish, practical.

I have had over half a dozen different ones myself

Because they are FUGLY ?

Having seen the fashion sense of so many men here I beleive most man bags could only enhance the visual attractiveness of the man

again at the risk of offending esteemed members - perhaps this should move to another forum for men being concerned about their attractiveness....

I get my girlfriend to carry my extras. I don't carry much though. My smartphone and wallet stay in my pocket. If I need to bring my passport and retainer case for my teeth my girl will carry the items in her pocketbook.

What happens if you get drunk and lose your bag? Or what happens if someone grabs it and makes a run for it?

You wear it with the strap diagonally across your shoulders. This avoids any snatch and grab. It is comfortable this way and you let it stay there all the time, so you can't lose it. You simply do not notice it after 5 minutes

again at the risk of offending esteemed members - perhaps this should move to another forum for men being concerned about their attractiveness....

If you mean the Football Forum, this is not about sport nor fashion. Just plain commonsense and practicaility. Okay, maybe coupled with looking stylish..

Because they are FUGLY ?

Nothing to do with attractiveness .....

It's all about practicality.

I can carry unhindered ....

Wallet, House and Car keys, Cigarettes and lighter, Mobile 'phone, Sunglasses and half a roll of bog paper.

Makes it easier for the bag snatchers to grab all your gear I guess.

• Like 1

Yes, for hundreds of years, pockets have been the protection against thieves and pickpockets...

Wear the bag with the strap on the diagonal. Cannot be snatched. If you are concerned about the strap being cut, wear the bag near your stomach

• Like 1

Do you carry your lipstick in it?

smile.png

J/k... I actually like them.

I actually do carry some UV lip balm in my bag. Cracked/dry lips

Oh! I almost forgot. I also have some immodium and paracetemol tablets handy in the bag.

And a pen!

Also good to carry spare phone battery/small charger

Wind back the clock 30 years and you will find a practical version of these commonly known as Mum Bags were essential items for the Oz military traveling through Malaysia and Thailand.

It was common for thieves to ride by on motorbikes to steal bags or more commonly to use razor blades to cut and steal possessions.

These Mum bags were locally made from heavy canvass with velcro to seal the tops. A few coins were kept incase the razor gangs were successful. You could hear the coins drop to the ground. In all my years I never heard of a successful theft from one of these bags. I have seen a few razor cuts that never made it through the canvass.

There is the odd one or 2 still being used as I saw one on a BTS passenger a year ago.

Edited by Farma

Do you carry your lipstick in it?

smile.png

J/k... I actually like them.

I actually do carry some UV lip balm in my bag. Cracked/dry lips

Oh! I almost forgot. I also have some immodium and paracetemol tablets handy in the bag.

And a pen!

Also good to carry spare phone battery/small charger

same as a purse then - only for men.

Apart from your convenience, they are also, here in Thailand a walking advertisement to those so inclined that you have all the good stuff located in one handy spot for them to

1) Rip it off your neck (manbag snatching)

2) Slash the strap with a knife (possibly you too) to grab it

3) Something that can be pilfered while sitting with your coffee.

They belong in the same 'no-no' category as 'bum-bags'....

and to an extent I agree with David, most are just fugly

Oz

Yes, for hundreds of years, pockets have been the protection against thieves and pickpockets...

Wear the bag with the strap on the diagonal. Cannot be snatched. If you are concerned about the strap being cut, wear the bag near your stomach

Yeah call me old fashioned but I prefer to scatter my valuables around various pockets rather than put them all in the same bag.