Man Bags. Why Don't More Farang Men Use These?

deknoiJT

I think we can establish that all the following come under the category of 'man bags':

• Messenger bags
  • Bum bags
  • Bags that are designed to be worn with a strap over the shoulder, These ones come in all sizes and shapes
  • Pouch style bags carried in one hand
  • Laptop bags

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use a messenger bag- kind of need to in order to carry around a computer, unless you want to carry a briefcase, which is just going to look weirder. Like, what does everybody else use then, especially the people who are terrified their sexuality will be called into question if they have something with a strap? Plastic bags from 7-11?

B4148B74.jpg

Messenger bags are brilliant!

Good for the laptop and/or tablet, phone, wallet and lots more.

Man bag? Looks like a handbag to me.

• Like 1

I personally don't like to carry any bag but instead stuff things into my pockets. But regardless of that there is nothing wrong with bags. Man use bags for practical reasons just like women.

Edited by A1Str8

Riding a motorcycle or being a passenger on one. You don't have to worry about items falling out of pockets, holding on to items, or items being uncomfortable as you sit. No need to put your wallet or phone under the seat or in the basket

Another reason man bags are so practical!

what happened JT... did you lose your mini man bag, you know the ones... look like mini shaving kits...popular with Korean and Japanese men of middle age?

Can only what is next on topics according to deknoi : do real men use rubber bunny ear covers on their iphones?

Good God never..........

Pathetic for goodness sake man up

man up?lol.they already did. That's why they have bags

Rubbish they are following "fashion" rather than absolutely needing it.

My old man told me something years ago and its still true today......."Fashion is great right up to the point you look an utter berk wearing it"

Edited by Chivas
  • Like 2

what happened JT... did you lose your mini man bag, you know the ones... look like mini shaving kits...popular with Korean and Japanese men of middle age?

Can only what is next on topics according to deknoi : do real men use rubber bunny ear covers on their iphones?

Some of your posts are almost amusing whilst at other times posts like these are incomprehensible. What are you talking about???

I am not sure of the definition of 'real men'. Could you enlighten me?

Feel free to share a picture of your own man bag bkkjane. I do feel certain you have one.

Wait, I'm still confused though. The rest of you who don't use bags like this, see when you have a laptop or something, what do you carry it in?

I use a laptop bag. You know a bag that was designed to carry a laptop. do not confuse this with a bag that was designed to tell the world I gobble penis.

Heavens!

Here is a man so insecure about his sexuality that he needs a bag to be labelled and assigned an 'official' use before he can use it. How limiting it must be to go through life this way.

I imagine you are not permitted to place anything but a laptop into your laptop bag, because that would then make your laptop bag a multi-use bag, and therefore a man bag! GASP! The shame!

No, no! You cannot put that pack of gum into a designated latop bag!

Wait good sir! Has your laptop bag been rated and approved for carrying a newspaper?

Tut tut! No sneaking your keys into your laptop bag, it will become a man bag! The shame!!

The reality is, I am sure you have used a man bag many times, just that you refuse to see it as such.

So be it I say! Delusion helps many make it through the day.

Some of us don't like the metro sexual thing being forced upon us ,like cosmetic companys and al their creams to make youre skin look nice etc....

I myself carry a small backpack/daypack when going out for the day.Concerning laptops nowadays I-pad mini and smartphones can do almost anything a laptop can do and are much easier to carry around i like to travel light so to speak.

Edited by Kudel
  • Like 1

Some of your posts are almost amusing whilst at other times posts like these are incomprehensible. What are you talking about???

Feel free to share a picture of your own man bag bkkjane. I do feel certain you have one.

this a what a Man carries... so you all you ladies can carry your purses without fear lol

post-22903-0-93475600-1407396624_thumb.j

this a what a Man carries... so you all you ladies can carry your purses without fear lol

I agree 100%!

There is a man not afraid of some man baggage

Some of us don't like the metro sexual thing being forced upon us ,like cosmetic companys and al their creams to make youre skin look nice etc....

I myself carry a small backpack/daypack when going out for the day.Concerning laptops nowadays I-pad mini and smartphones can do almost anything a laptop can do and are much easier to carry around i like to travel light so to speak.

Quite right you are sir!

A small backpack or daypack can be considered a man bag! Generally they are for the older amongst us, but a man bag nevertheless!

can't you just call it a bag and leave it at that.

my son carries his school backpack everyday - he is a boy - do we call it a boy bag?

now i just came back from lunch and stopped into villa for a few lil things - they gave me a bag - plastic, it appears to be asexual cause I also saw women carrying the same kind.

now will the real Jingy thingy please stand up.

Let me see.....wallet .......phone .......keys.......yup all fit in my pockets......no need for a "man bag"........smile.png

Lip Balm and tissues! laugh.pngcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Other essentials?????? clap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

So you are not one of the 50% that do .... according to this...tongue.png biggrin.png

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/fashion-and-style/10598898/More-than-half-of-men-now-carry-a-man-bag.html

I'm off for a swim now....and my small backpack will be slung over one shoulder....that's all the bag I will ever use....barring maybe the odd shopping bag of course! biggrin.png

Why the h*ll would I go around with a handbag? You can call it what you like - manbag or whatever.

Limp wrists, mincing walk, ass cheeks grinding and, 'Oh, Sweetie, have you seen my latest manbag?'

Give me a break!

• Like 1

Because they are FUGLY ?

Well, to me they are ... laugh.png

Maybe the style has changed?

Do you have a photo of what you have in kind?

My dear boy, man bags come in thousands of shapes and sizes and styles.

Having seen the fashion sense of so many men here I beleive most man bags could only enhance the visual attractiveness of the man

Please google 'man bags' for pictures.

Hahaha

Because they are FUGLY ?

I thought man bags are a gay thing and therefor not looking too bad.

Because they are FUGLY ?

I thought man bags are a gay thing and therefor not looking too bad.

I'm a gay. I don't carry no man bags. So I think you've got it wrong. They're a straight thing. Especially those fanny packs. They are unbelievably UGLY.

• Like 2