August 7, 201412 yr Went out at the land border at Nong Khai on Monday morning. 591 days overstay. Previously 291 days 2 tourist visas beforehand. Paid the fine, new imm o and back in the next day. There were at least 5 others with 1-3 years there too, no probs. Get it done now. After the 29th of August you're stuffed. Go with a visa run company. I saw these guys had to report 'figures' to the officers beforehand. They know things... Dress politely and look normal. Get it done and good luck!
August 7, 201412 yr Glad you wasn't blacklisted, good news about the so called crackdown moneywise for the thais,
August 7, 201412 yr Just to clarify, justaphase, did you go with a visa run company? I thought those guys were avoiding runners on overstay.
August 7, 201412 yr Not being judgmental or whiter than white here but out of curiousity, why would one overstay as opposed to doing a border run? Doing border runs (in the past at least) would make you legal whereas overstay is definitely illegal. Is it due to the fact that Bht20,000 would solve the overstay issue and works out cheaper than border runs in the longer term?
August 7, 201412 yr It's cheaper and also it takes a lot of time to border run and it's not exactly a fun thing to do either. Really was a good option to overstay before given how much hassle and cost is involved with keeping straight with immigration here. For many people the actual travel and stress of border runs puts health at risk and avoiding that is very important.
August 7, 201412 yr Author Overstay wasn't an option for me, i lost my job and was left pennyless for 3 months.. luckily i lived in a tourist area at the time where i could get food for my family. Now my first priority is to get 10K in the bank for the next visa! :-) The companies aren't avoiding overstayers.. like i said they have connections. They'll see you right.
August 7, 201412 yr Glad you wasn't blacklisted, good news about the so called crackdown moneywise for the thais, It's not 29 Aug. That is when the blacklisting begins. That was the point that the OP was making.
August 7, 201412 yr I am a little bit sad really, but mostloy because these type of guys are making it harder for everybody else.. B ut they do not care a sh#t about that..... I am personally happy that Thailand has tightened the enforcement of their laws and really squeeze all these overstayers here in Thailand... Why do I get a feeling that absolutely most overstayers comes from the following in order: 1 - England 2 - USA 3 - Australia 4 - Rest of Europe So hurray, maybe you guys can start to obey the laws or go home, it is as simple as that. Glegolo
August 7, 201412 yr Thought I read land borders were turning back overstayers to fly out by airport instead, or was that an isolated incident.
August 7, 201412 yr Thought I read land borders were turning back overstayers to fly out by airport instead, or was that an isolated incident. There have been reports that some border crossing have turned people back with overstays. Nong Kai has already been reported as not being one of them.
August 7, 201412 yr I am a little bit sad really, but mostloy because these type of guys are making it harder for everybody else.. B ut they do not care a sh#t about that..... I am personally happy that Thailand has tightened the enforcement of their laws and really squeeze all these overstayers here in Thailand... Why do I get a feeling that absolutely most overstayers comes from the following in order: 1 - England 2 - USA 3 - Australia 4 - Rest of Europe So hurray, maybe you guys can start to obey the laws or go home, it is as simple as that. Glegolo How are some people making it harder for others ? If you have done things right, no problem, if not then problem. Are you worried it might get harder for you ? Have you done something you are worried about ?
August 7, 201412 yr I am a little bit sad really, but mostloy because these type of guys are making it harder for everybody else.. B ut they do not care a sh#t about that..... I am personally happy that Thailand has tightened the enforcement of their laws and really squeeze all these overstayers here in Thailand... Why do I get a feeling that absolutely most overstayers comes from the following in order: 1 - England 2 - USA 3 - Australia 4 - Rest of Europe So hurray, maybe you guys can start to obey the laws or go home, it is as simple as that. Glegolo Perhaps the ones you hear about on here. In reality I would say that the majority are people from countries that are not eligible for visa exempt entries and can only get visas in their home country With the overstay fine being so much lower than a ticket home for a visa many overstay in order to stay longer.
August 7, 201412 yr I am a little bit sad really, but mostloy because these type of guys are making it harder for everybody else.. B ut they do not care a sh#t about that..... I am personally happy that Thailand has tightened the enforcement of their laws and really squeeze all these overstayers here in Thailand... Why do I get a feeling that absolutely most overstayers comes from the following in order: 1 - England 2 - USA 3 - Australia 4 - Rest of Europe So hurray, maybe you guys can start to obey the laws or go home, it is as simple as that. Glegolo How are some people making it harder for others ? If you have done things right, no problem, if not then problem. Are you worried it might get harder for you ? Have you done something you are worried about ? You are serious? You do not understand really??? The number of laws in a country reflects how bad people there are...... Glegolo
August 7, 201412 yr I am a little bit sad really, but mostloy because these type of guys are making it harder for everybody else.. B ut they do not care a sh#t about that..... I am personally happy that Thailand has tightened the enforcement of their laws and really squeeze all these overstayers here in Thailand... Why do I get a feeling that absolutely most overstayers comes from the following in order: 1 - England 2 - USA 3 - Australia 4 - Rest of Europe So hurray, maybe you guys can start to obey the laws or go home, it is as simple as that. Glegolo How are some people making it harder for others ? If you have done things right, no problem, if not then problem. Are you worried it might get harder for you ? Have you done something you are worried about ? You are serious? You do not understand really??? The number of laws in a country reflects how bad people there are...... Glegolo So how many laws are there in Thailand compared to other counties ? Give us the 10 ten and how many laws they have, and whether Thailand comes in the list of top 10. Also you will find the majority of people in Thailand are Thai's. I look forward to you letting me know just how bad you think the people you live among are.
August 7, 201412 yr Popular Post For many people the actual travel and stress of border runs puts health at risk and avoiding that is very important.What a load of .....Just too lazy and too poor to do the right thing.
August 7, 201412 yr I am a little bit sad really, but mostloy because these type of guys are making it harder for everybody else.. B ut they do not care a sh#t about that..... I am personally happy that Thailand has tightened the enforcement of their laws and really squeeze all these overstayers here in Thailand... Why do I get a feeling that absolutely most overstayers comes from the following in order: 1 - England 2 - USA 3 - Australia 4 - Rest of Europe So hurray, maybe you guys can start to obey the laws or go home, it is as simple as that. Glegolo How are some people making it harder for others ? If you have done things right, no problem, if not then problem. Are you worried it might get harder for you ? Have you done something you are worried about ? You are serious? You do not understand really??? The number of laws in a country reflects how bad people there are...... Glegolo So how many laws are there in Thailand compared to other counties ? Give us the 10 ten and how many laws they have, and whether Thailand comes in the list of top 10. Also you will find the majority of people in Thailand are Thai's. I look forward to you letting me know just how bad you think the people you live among are. It seems that you didnt get this at all....you just do not understand sadly enough...But I stick to my original post and say again....I am glad that Thailand have tightened up the en forcement of their immigration-laws.....And they have done it simply because all these sneaking guys that do not have proper VISAS, or are too lazy to get the hell out of here and do their stuff and stick to the laws that is valid here in Thailand.. Hope you understand this.. Glegolo
August 7, 201412 yr No I didn't get much of it. I have no idea how many laws Thailand has, I have no idea where most of the people on the wrong visa, or no visas come from. Cant all be as smart as you I guess. Oh tell me have you ever gone out without your passport on you ? I do it all the time as do most of the people I know who live here. There is a law against that, I'm guilty, and I bet you are/have been many times in the past.
August 7, 201412 yr No I didn't get much of it. I have no idea how many laws Thailand has, I have no idea where most of the people on the wrong visa, or no visas come from. Cant all be as smart as you I guess. Oh tell me have you ever gone out without your passport on you ? I do it all the time as do most of the people I know who live here. There is a law against that, I'm guilty, and I bet you are/have been many times in the past. What law says you must have your passport on you when you go out? Edited August 7, 201412 yr by hml367
August 7, 201412 yr Its called going out without your passport on you law. Ask Glegolo he knows all about Thai laws Edited August 7, 201412 yr by bertty
August 7, 201412 yr Its called going out without your passport on you law. Ask Glegolo he knows all about Thai laws So you don't know if there is a law? Edited August 7, 201412 yr by hml367
August 7, 201412 yr I am a little bit sad really, but mostloy because these type of guys are making it harder for everybody else.. B ut they do not care a sh#t about that..... I am personally happy that Thailand has tightened the enforcement of their laws and really squeeze all these overstayers here in Thailand... Why do I get a feeling that absolutely most overstayers comes from the following in order: 1 - England 2 - USA 3 - Australia 4 - Rest of Europe So hurray, maybe you guys can start to obey the laws or go home, it is as simple as that. Glegolo How are some people making it harder for others ? If you have done things right, no problem, if not then problem. Are you worried it might get harder for you ? Have you done something you are worried about ? Speaking for myself, I don't have anything to worry about, but the deadbeats who can't be bothered to stay legal, can and do have an effect on others. They are being selfish. If people have fallen on hard times, etc. get some help and get out, preferably to your home country. My guess is most would be better cared for there.
August 7, 201412 yr Overstay wasn't an option for me, i lost my job and was left pennyless for 3 months.. luckily i lived in a tourist area at the time where i could get food for my family. Now my first priority is to get 10K in the bank for the next visa! :-) The companies aren't avoiding overstayers.. like i said they have connections. They'll see you right. I know many people that have lost their jobs. But they didn't overstay 591 days because of that. Actually they didn't overstay one day.
August 7, 201412 yr I agree with the previous post. A large number of illegals staying in Thailand just makes immigration take a harder line with everyone else even those doing the right thing. I entered on multi business visa and that flowed onto yearly extensions. It wasn't difficult. Before anyone says that's great if you have the money or a job, but if you don't have a job here or sufficient funds to live within Thai laws, what are you doing here?
August 7, 201412 yr No I didn't get much of it. I have no idea how many laws Thailand has, I have no idea where most of the people on the wrong visa, or no visas come from. Cant all be as smart as you I guess. Oh tell me have you ever gone out without your passport on you ? I do it all the time as do most of the people I know who live here. There is a law against that, I'm guilty, and I bet you are/have been many times in the past. What law says you must have your passport on you when you go out? The country is currently under martial law and the police can demand that you identify yourself and document that you are legally. More generally: There are actually 2 relevant laws on this, one is called the Identity Card Act and the other from the Immigration Act. According the the Identity Card Act everyone in Thailand must carry Thai recognized ID at all times regardless of nationality (your passport is Thai recognized). A separate immigration law states foreigners must carry their passport at all times, although the wording is more analogous to "must be able to present" vs "carry at all times". The following is a response from a law firm in Bangkok when they asked this on another forum which I am not allowed to link to due to ThaiVisa rules: "The Thai Police will tell you that the law actually states that everybody in Thailand needs to carry an official document proving their identity. The law doesn't specify a passport for foreign nationals or, as a matter of fact, the Thai National ID Card for Thai citizens so in theory a Thai Driving license, a work permit or a National Identity card should all be considered valid (although you could always be asked to produce your passport later to a Thai Immigration officer). Copies of passports, despite what you may be told, are not official documents and while they are not technically acceptable, in practice they are generally accepted in most instances involving routine checks by the Thai Police. During the institution of Martial Law during and after the 2010 “Red Shirt riots” there were numerous announcements from the Thai Government stating that foreign nationals needed to carry their passports with them for identification." http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/566309-carrying-passport-with-you/page-2 http://www.thailawfo...aw-mejesty.htmlhttp://www.ratchakit...54/A/034/64.PDFhttp://www.fco.gov.u...ceania/thailandhttp://thailaws.com/...ws/tlaw0127.pdf Edited August 7, 201412 yr by Suradit69
August 8, 201412 yr A post commenting about moderation has been removed. Posts are not removed for their content unless they cross the line for being abusive, defamatory, derogatory and etc.
August 8, 201412 yr Ok 3rd time lucky in trying to get my point across in a,ahem respectful way,, whilst I agree mostly what Glegolo posted, it's certainly the innocent that suffer, I'd ask how he came to calculate those standings regarding overstay offenders? Since personally I find your post offensive in a way by generalising passport holders of UK as law breakers, since I and I'm sure many other UK passport holders have never had a single overstay nor been found on the wrong side of the law in Thailand,, If you are actually referring to the English contingent amongst UK passport holders then all the more difficult it is for me to understand how you came about those assumptions and are able to figure out from a UK passport who are English, Scottish, N Irish or Welsh or whatever. Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app
Create an account or sign in to comment