BBC3 Bangkok Airport series

Boycie

End of last year i see advertised that they were looking for people to be involved in a new BBC3 reality TV series. Anybody know when this is going to be aired or have i missed it? Maybe you were involved in the filming? Please share your stories.

Quote "Keo Films will follow the arrivals and departures of British tourists at Bangkok airport as part of a documentary commission for BBC3. The 6 x 60-minute Bangkok Airport will follow young, English-speaking travellers checking in and out, as well as their run-ins with immigration, police and customs.

User-generated content will be incorporated into the show"

Maybe the BBC will come back and film a Series 2, if they start shooting again next month they might have a lot move footage of 'run-ins with immigration'whistling.gif

That should be a 6-episode yawn as the old and wise (and untraveled) on these pages disparage the 'young and the feckless'.

This is a show about the Millennials made by a Millennial for the Millennials. Short attention span theater.

• Like 1

Never heard of it Boycie me old china.

I'm pretty sure if it had been on TV already I would have known, even though I don't really watch TV.

I will watch it when it's on though.

You heard it here first me old mucker, watch this space.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2014/bbc-three-commissions-factual-and-current-affairs

More Stacey Dooley documentaries. Nooooooooooooooooooooooo.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

No worries, she's busy filming in Mexico, focusing on the ongoing war between drug traffickers and law enforcement.ph34r.png

Maybe she had too many visa exempt stamps in her passport to come back this time wink.png

I'm pretty sure if it had been on TV already I would have known, even though I don't really watch TV.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2014/bbc-three-commissions-factual-and-current-affairs

Stacy Dooley ,if she had another brain cell she would be a plant i have,met her and i apologise to the plants .

I saw some of her "output" and I think you are being a little harsh. The BBC should be commended for allowing people to do their work experience with them, even if the results are of an unacceptably low standard. That said, much of BBC3's output is of a low standard. Any new stuff on there about Thailand and I'll approach with caution and have the Saxo handy.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Episode 1 of 6

We meet Captain Jack, Thailand's happiest immigration officer, and the flying doctor who has his patients in stitches. But not everyone's laughing - Britpacker John escapes death by a whisker, Matt is stranded without a ticket, and Paul can't find his gate after one too many drinks in departures. While the tourist police have fun on their new Segways, will Alicia and Georgia survive Thailand without the Bank of Dad?

Look forward to watching cool.png

• Like 1

Thanks very much for the update Boycie. The run-of-the-mill doesn't make it into such programmes, so it will be a parade of "characters", the more off the wall the better for the producers. I'll give it a look, with a large pinch of salt close to hand. BBC3 is on it's last legs as a TV channel; it's target market of bright (and not so bright) young things want their stuff online, so that's where BBC3 is going. Won't be missed by me; give me BBC4 anyday. Recent documentaries about Thin Lizzy and the Troubador club in LA (James Taylor, Carole King, et al) were top drawer.

Just watched Episode 1 and it's a classic, had me in stitches cheesy.gif

Don't know how they find the characters to film the show. Prior to watching i was thinking that it might show Thailand and it's people in a bad light, but after Episode 1 it's the tourists that are all ting tong.crazy.gif How they let Paul on his flight, i do not know.

Now i understand, when Thailand says that they are wanting 'quality tourists' biggrin.png

• Like 1

Coming from the UK I was embarrassed watching the chavs. The two fat birds were unbelievable. One of them couldn't do basic maths a 6 year old could easily do. Generally the Thai's come across a lot better.

I suppose this program focused on the idiot abroad types. Those who need someone to wipe their ass and throw a tantrum when their own stupidity trips them up.

The Northern guy who had lost his wallet. The Thai immigration officer gave incorrect advice about needing to show the payment card to the Airline. With a debit there's no need. Her advice wasted hours of the blokes time and caused him a lot of anguish. You'd think she would know better having come across this situation thousands of times but no.

It was funny seeing the look of disbelief on his face when he realized she was clueless. Its something I learned a long time ago. Never rely on the word of a Thai.

Anyone know where can I download this? BBC iplayer only works in UK...

You can find it on You Tube. I got through half of it on pure will alone, and then I couldn't take any more. I would like to see the production notes, just to get some idea what their objective was.To call it shallow would be a compliment.

• Like 2

Just watched it, and it does show how helpful and very patient Thais can be even at swampy. However, the tourists shown I hope are not your average ones, just plain stupid, drunk and hopeless, and a bad reflection on the "normal" farangs over here - Thailand should screen these idiots and not allow them in, but the Pattaya and Patong might be empty of tourists.

Watched it on I player,yes here in Thailand,by the way they were right you can't buy an airline ticket here with a debit card only a credit card,why? As for the two fat birds ,God they were dumb,

Think you need to watch it again, you can buy an airline ticket here with both debit and credit cards.

Matt would have had a problem if using his girlfriends credit card to book his flight.

Believe it's an airline issue (stolen credit card) that you may need to show the credit card at check-in, not only in Thailand but other countries too.