A friend wants a Yamaha Road Star / Warrior

dagling

There might be a midnight star roadliner in superb condition available somewhere if the price is right whistling.gif

Asking price? Year? Photo? Link?

Not the bike in question but looks identical. As said in superb condition. Had its first road tax inspection last year, so must be 2008 - 2009. About 10.000 Km. Officially Imported brandnew in one piece.

If he want to sell, I guess about 750.000.

Yamaha%20Star%20Roadliner%20Midnight%200

Edited by JesseFrank

There was one around the Surin area that I organised a sale for a friend. The buyers name was Benkq and I've now seen it up for sale. Last time was at Freelife, Sisaket show. Probably a poster here.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There was one around the Surin area that I organised a sale for a friend. The buyers name was Benkq and I've now seen it up for sale. Last time was at Freelife, Sisaket show. Probably a poster here.

Where have you seen up for sale? Roadstar or Warrior? Year and price? Color and km?

That's indeed a dragstar, but as it says in the details first registration 2011, there must be something smelly as the model had changed at least 3 years already by that time.

That's indeed a dragstar, but as it says in the details first registration 2011, there must be something smelly as the model had changed at least 3 years already by that time.

Not necessarily my bike is 1994 and first registered in 2014 its 100% legal and in my name

Not necessarily my bike is 1994 and first registered in 2014 its 100% legal and in my name

Where I come from we don't register our bikes or cars 20 years after they were brought on the road biggrin.png

Where I come from we don't register our bikes or cars 20 years after they were brought on the road biggrin.png

They don't here either to the best of my knowledge. They register them when they are put on the road. In my case my bike was first on the road last month thus a 2014 first registered.

They don't here either to the best of my knowledge. They register them when they are put on the road. In my case my bike was first on the road last month thus a 2014 first registered.

I don't want to turn this in an argument, but do you claim that your bike wasn't on the road anywhere for the first 20 years of its lifecycle, or is it that it was it that it first touched Thai roads in 2014 ?

If it is the latter, and to be fair in the former as well, your bike should be listed as a 1994 build, not as the first registration date in Thailand.

That's what I call smelly about the auction ad since the first time used anywhere in the world is what counts, not the first time used in Thailand.

It is the former mfg and sat in the dealership for 20 years so its made in 1994 and first sold and registered in 2014.

In the USA it would be titled the date of mfg. IMHO the auction is properly advertising as thats the way its done here. The buyer should do due diligence

• Like 1

It is the former mfg and sat in the dealership for 20 years so its made in 1994 and first sold and registered in 2014.

In the USA it would be titled the date of mfg. IMHO the auction is properly advertising as thats the way its done here. The buyer should do due diligence

What make the bike is ? Never heard about a bike sitting 20 years in a dealership, any particular reason for that ?

Where have you seen up for sale? Roadstar or Warrior? Year and price? Color and km?

I will check for you. It's a 1900cc MidnightStar /Stratoliner, Met Deep Purple, around 2007. Was V low km"s. IF I can track it down, I will PM you as not my bike.

What make the bike is ? Never heard about a bike sitting 20 years in a dealership, any particular reason for that ?

Mine is a Yamaha tzm but they have different ones

20140614_164613.jpg

There is a 2008 Roadstar for sale on http://www.dealfish.co.th for 580.000 Baht.

Thank`s, but no thank you;-) He is not 25 years old and want a cruiser, not a chopper;-)

????? What are you talking about?? It is a 1900cc 2008 Roadstar, I would not call that a chopper. Are you sure you are looking at the right one?

Well, he want a original Roadstar/Warrior. Is this the one you referering to? If not, give me a direct link.

Road Star was not provided with a 1900cc engine, but had 1600cc up to 2004, when it received a new 1670cc engine.

http://www.olx.co.th/product-8031896/

post-84957-0-05124200-1407487881_thumb.j

Edited by dagling

20140614_164613.jpg

You don't want to claim that those bikes in the picture are new, do you ?

20140614_164613.jpg

You don't want to claim that those bikes in the picture are new, do you ?

yep, some of the bikes at that shop - it is like a time tunnel - are at 10(ten) km. never used, waiting for 20 years.

FYI -in Thailand, when a new bike is first issued with a green book, the DLT lists said bike as being that year.

So, if a bike was manufactured in 2010, but not sold and registered until 2014, in the green book it is listed as a 2014.

• Like 1

There is a 2008 Roadstar for sale on http://www.dealfish.co.th for 580.000 Baht.

Thank`s, but no thank you;-) He is not 25 years old and want a cruiser, not a chopper;-)

????? What are you talking about?? It is a 1900cc 2008 Roadstar, I would not call that a chopper. Are you sure you are looking at the right one?

Well, he want a original Roadstar/Warrior. Is this the one you referering to? If not, give me a direct link.

Road Star was not provided with a 1900cc engine, but had 1600cc up to 2004, when it received a new 1670cc engine.

http://www.olx.co.th/product-8031896/

attachicon.gif1600.jpeg

No, that is not the one. I would love to give you the link but it seems to be gone now, it was there yesterday. Anyway, go to dealfish, type in Roadstar and whatever is for sale at the moment will come up.

\any idea how to regist a bike with tax invoice only?

I believe if you do a search on RECENT topics you will find that it's now very difficult/ impossible to register a second-hand bike.