August 7, 201412 yr Hello. I may be in a bit of a quandary. Im on my first retirement visa and my first 90 day visit to immigration is due aug 31. I just moved into a new condo a couple of months ago in Pattaya. It is a different condo, across the hall actually from the one I was living in when I first got the retirement visa. Problem is - i don't know if I need to show proof of residence and if so how to obtain it. My new landlord is a falang, but the condo is in his Thai girlfriends name (together for 8 years he trusts her...) and she is currently overseas. so legally he doesn't own the property and we have no written contract. One suggestion has been for me to go to the local laundry and use the receipt as "proof" of residence. Can anyone please advise as to exactly what I need - and how to get it? Thanks in advance Incidentally, my landlord is actually very helpful we just don't know what to do.....
August 7, 201412 yr Im on my third retirement visa extension, i use to do it through an agent since the first time i only once submitted the usual documents like my police clearance certificate, passport, as for the proof of residency i only gave the address but never any document certifying my place of residence. My last renewal was on late June this year. Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand
August 7, 201412 yr Usually I use an utility bill. Are any of those in your name? Internet Telephone Cable TV Water Electricity I guess a laundry bill won't be a proof. Maybe the condominium management is able to obtain you with any bill.
August 8, 201412 yr I know it might be spliting hairs but I would think just keep using same address as originally reported
Create an account or sign in to comment