Best day to buy food at Tesco Lotus

Hmmmm look up Supply chain management. This might give an idea of the likely logistics involved. Every Lotus will have a different schedule. Try talking to the manager and get a phone number. I always call up in advance to check the new delivery is in and being processed.

you can go anytime,early morn.8am.some times they havnt stocked up,we were at there yesterday[11.30am.] only because we needed some meat urgent and we couldn't park in the mall,so had to do a U-turn and park next to Tesco.fresh meat don't kid yourself

it was bloody frozen.then sometimes if meat or chicken is on offer,they only sell certain times,so its just a matter of hit or miss.

Edited by meatboy

Tesco meat selection at least in the Singburi, Chai Nat and Nakhon Sawan stores has gone to total crap. You used to be able to get beef, duck, chicken and pork all be it a small selection now there's a little pork and chicken and no beef or duck and most of the shelves are filled with prepared take home Suki bowls and veggies.

Tesco meat selection at least in the Singburi, Chai Nat and Nakhon Sawan stores has gone to total crap. You used to be able to get beef, duck, chicken and pork all be it a small selection now there's a little pork and chicken and no beef or duck and most of the shelves are filled with prepared take home Suki bowls and veggies.

Something happened. I don't know what it was. One day stocked and the next day, "Where's the beef?"

Ditto for Phitsanulok. I have given up on Lotus and now only shop at Makro. But I have noticed that since CP took over Makro, their prices have been going up like a rocket - especially pork, beef and sausages. I saw fresh beef tenderloin the other day for 950 baht/kg. A couple of years ago, it was about 220 baht/kg.

Same in Chawang, Samui, often out of stock on too many things, and you never know which day is best , some times takes months for new stock to arrive facepalm.gif

This was one shelf area the other day...blink.png admittedly there were some new cases, being stocked, but far too long between running out and restocking ...sad.png

SAM_3030.JPG

Something happened. I don't know what it was. One day stocked and the next day, "Where's the beef?"

Same thing happened at our Tesco at On Nut there was no beef for months, now they have Thai beef in the fridge and near the deli counter they stock Thai French which is okay IMO.

Prior to renovating the meat and dairy section and fitting the fridges with doors it was always hit and miss, once that was done it's much much better. I love the milk (Dairy Home) however often it would spoil before the expiry which was most likely because of the poor refridgeration.

As for time of the day, I like going just before noon, shelves are stocked and the second round of meat has been put out.

Edited by ToddWeston

• 2 weeks later...