Detroit porch killer Theodore Wafer guilty of murder

webfact

Good. This guy deserves a life sentence.

I know of nowhere in the US that it is legal to shoot someone from inside your home to the outside, unless that person is pointing a gun at you. The BBC manages to find some people who "call into question" having guns for self defense. This isn't self defense. It's murder even in the US.

As a gun owner, I fully agree.  This idiot deserves the sentence he got.  With self-protection comes an immense responsibility to understand and to abide by the laws that apply in each state within the US, especially the one you live in.  Unfortunate.  RIP to the victim.  To Teddy, enjoy your time in prison.  You might want to use your time constructively and study the laws that apply to the use of deadly force.

How was he to know she wasn't with a few gangbanger friends waiting to rob him?

She could have called an an ambulance but then she would be facing a DUI.

He should have got 100 hours community service.

Surely your American. Or just a lunatic. What a ridiculous post. Next time you knock on my door I will try and " make your day "

My post is ridiculous? 

Sad thing is there are many in the US (besides yourself) who don't realize how ridiculous the idea of your post is.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Good. This guy deserves a life sentence.

I know of nowhere in the US that it is legal to shoot someone from inside your home to the outside, unless that person is pointing a gun at you. The BBC manages to find some people who "call into question" having guns for self defense. This isn't self defense. It's murder even in the US.

You should learn more about Florida's "Stand Your Ground" laws and the case of George Zimmerman then. You can shoot someone legally anywhere outside. 
This is a classic case of over reaction.  The man has no grounds... he was not threatened, no weapon was

flashed, and he was in a protected place inside, woman outside.

If he had opened the door, removing his protective place category, via Fla Stand Your Ground, he would be innocent.  The shooter can always claim the dead person threatened him via this law, and the dead do not testify.   These laws are basically The Old West returned to America. 

Being inside a fly screen can hardly be called a defensive position, however over reaction by a drunk, bang him up.