Russian Tourists Down 30% In Pattaya

Rimmer

It is good news if not one foreigner group dominates demographically. Now to find a replacement for the lost Russkies. I propose MEXICANS.

I like that. Mexicans are kind, courteous, friendly, warm, hard working, open, creative, and clever. And the women can be gorgeous. And they speak Spanish, which sounds like gorgeous music compared to the warlike sound of Russian. And that would encourage a proliferation of Mexican food. But, how do we get them here?

Airplane?

Seriously, that would be a marketing challenge but I think TAT should at least try!

GRaet...YOU guys are just great....!!!.....cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This link http://news.msn.com/...-operator-fails from MSN news says over 16,000 Russian tourists were stranded when some of their Tour Companiess went belly up. Report also stated that tourism is predicted to go down 30--50 per cent due to sanctions against Russia because of the Ukraine situation and the shooting down of the plane.REport stated that Russian's with security clearences working Gov jobs would be restricted from going overseas.

• Like 2

It is good news if not one foreigner group dominates demographically. Now to find a replacement for the lost Russkies. I propose MEXICANS.

I like that. Mexicans are kind, courteous, friendly, warm, hard working, open, creative, and clever. And the women can be gorgeous. And they speak Spanish, which sounds like gorgeous music compared to the warlike sound of Russian. And that would encourage a proliferation of Mexican food. But, how do we get them here?

Airplane?

Seriously, that would be a marketing challenge but I think TAT should at least try!

GRaet...YOU guys are just great....!!!.....cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Slow down --- walk before you run (and you stumble down a 10-floor set of stairs).

Mexican's are notorious low income wage earners with little surplus money. And they have their own Mexican mafia * drug cartel's.

So you are proposing to replace the Russian mafia with the Mexican mafia?

was thinking that russian tourists AND many long time russian visa runners and other nationalities are all getting out of Dodge...but also low season - but anyone living in thailand now with the dreaded too many visa stamps is going to have to be doing some quick tap dancing to figure how to stay... and yes the big russian travel agency went broke and left some 20,000? russians high and dry? let s see how quiet thailand is by end of august, september, october etc on just real 0-90 day tourists...

another derogatory post removed, This time anti Thailand. Please be aware of forum rule 11)

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Real world explanations could also be the sanctions recently imposed on Russian banks. Hard to get money out of the ATM abroad if the Russian clearing banks have been cut off. Harder still to transfer large sums at a time. That would affect travel companies needing to make bookings and the individual tourist.

Thank goodness we don't have them taking over Isaan. Rudest expletives on the planet.

I hope finally those kind of persons and all those problems will put pressure on Putin to step back !

Obstination from Putin and all those measures and threats accumulating more and more soldiers near the border of Ukraine..

All this is escalating and going too far !

Why can't we live in peace ? (and sex ;-)) hehe

Edited by cedel

i am not racist at all ....but where russians are there is trouble.....the thais are stoping that , and i think it is allright......so the russian dont come .....in one way i am going to agree with that feeling.......you dont like the visa rules in thailand , just dont come......because visa rules for normal people maried with thai or not are not fair to us in any aspect.

to be 10 years or more with an extension of an non immigrant visa o...is just nonsense....of course we are immigrant even if the visa says we are not!!!facepalm.gif

we should react as not spending our money here and go with our wife somewhere else.

coffee1.gif

to be continued....!

I have known 3 Russians in SAMUI (neighbours) The 3 of them working without work-permit !

So of course with Visa runs, so maybe "working-tourists" Russians will be down 30% in Samui too?

Please note I do not add any comment tongue.png

here are questions that, when they are raised, show an indication that the author will not understand the answer.

Just follow the money. The Russian rubble is around .87 to the Thai baht. In Jan it was at par. There is a lag effect so Russian tourism is probably gonna be way down for this high season. I can't say I will miss them although they didn't really bother me that much.

Edited by lapd

Last news abotu Pattaya I read before this - is that the Pattaya looks empty. not only Russians are gone, any other nationality numbers are down as well and there's no way of knowing by what %. I don't believe the the Thai statistics for a second!

I was staying at the Pinnacle Resort last weekend, which is popular with Russian tour groups. The place was at 20% occupancy. Personally, I was extremely happy about this but I can understand that the hotels are suffering. That area is often full of Russians.

OK I have a proposal but maybe you won't like it...by organizing Corridas ? The Thai have the Buffalos already ( not same not samewhistling.gif Pffff ) Remained to find the torreros!

• Like 1

Last news abotu Pattaya I read before this - is that the Pattaya looks empty. not only Russians are gone, any other nationality numbers are down as well and there's no way of knowing by what %. I don't believe the the Thai statistics for a second!

I was staying at the Pinnacle Resort last weekend, which is popular with Russian tour groups. The place was at 20% occupancy. Personally, I was extremely happy about this but I can understand that the hotels are suffering. That area is often full of Russians.

I spent a week at the Pinnacle around the end of August or so 5 years ago. The place was dead. Got a great deal for one week.

If you google Russian pictures in Pattaya the above ladies pop up. So dont know if they are tourists or not. smile.png

The facial expressions do match the general Russian population in Pattaya, at least. The one on the left is a shining example.

Airplane?

Slow down --- walk before you run (and you stumble down a 10-floor set of stairs).

Mexican's are notorious low income wage earners with little surplus money. And they have their own Mexican mafia * drug cartel's.

You very obviously know little about Mexico. It is the 14th largest economy in the world, with a GDP of over 1.3 trillion dollars. They have a huge middle class with alot of disposable income and number of millionaires in Mexico far exceeds the global average. In fact, there are now over 145,000 millionaires in Mexico and over 2500 with a net worth of over 30 million US. Many Mexicans I am friendly with are multi lingual, accomplished musicians, dancers, equestrians, and scholars. I think you have only acquainted yourself with landscapers and dishwashers. Mexico is a very sophisticated country. Their average monthly income amongst the masses is $1100. Not bad. So, please educate yourself. Mexicans make more money per month than Russians, who average only $851 per month.

haha why dont they show 2 fat sloths with no shirts on in the food court at the mall,russia!!..if they didnt have cheap gas and dirty women for sale,they wouldnt have a freind in the world..

• Like 1

Airplane?

You very obviously know little about Mexico. It is the 14th largest economy in the world, with a GDP of over 1.3 trillion dollars. They have a huge middle class with alot of disposable income and number of millionaires in Mexico far exceeds the global average. In fact, there are now over 145,000 millionaires in Mexico and over 2500 with a net worth of over 30 million US. Many Mexicans I am friendly with are multi lingual, accomplished musicians, dancers, equestrians, and scholars. I think you have only acquainted yourself with landscapers and dishwashers. Mexico is a very sophisticated country. Their average monthly income amongst the masses is $1100. Not bad. So, please educate yourself. Mexicans make more money per month than Russians, who average only $851 per month.

You might be right, but the fact is that Mexican drug gangs are some of the most violent in the world. Having those badasses replace whatever Russian mafia that exist in Pattaya does not sound like a good idea.

The Russian tourists bring down the number of other western tourists, which is definitely not good,

This is a Myth, I'm sure no one does any sorts of researches on how many Russians are in Patts before coming there.

I personally find the Chinese x10 more annoying (Yanks come close 2nd by the way), but it's nothing to affect my decision to travel to any certain place or not.

not sure that it is a myth. People do care if there is a dominant tourist population that it is not their own.

when dealing with travel agents i have been told on more then 1 occasion when browsing through resorts that "this is predominantly a German resort" (i personally don't care too much but my parents and grand parents certainly did). fro Russians they have a reputation of corruption and criminal elements (deserved or not it is none the less a reputation) so it will certainly effect tourists from other nations coming here.

Still, as far as I know the charter programs of big Russian travel companies for winter season starting October are even extended (compared to last year) though these programs can be corrected later if there will be demand below expectations.

The reason why the number of Russian tourists fell in low season - maybe a weakened rouble, an official recommendation for law-enforcement workers not to travel abroad and the ovelall situation is more tense for the last half a year.

Anyway Russian and Chinese markets are among main for Thailand now (though Chinese tourists tend to come short term for several days).

Yes some Russian tourists can be rude and impolite - there can be many reasons - maybe because for many years people in Soviet Union were treated with the lack of respect to other man's opinion/interests because of prevalence of commune's interests over individual's ones.

There is also element of imperial thinking in an arrogant behaviour - people in Soviet Union and Russia have always been inspired by domestic propoganda that the Russia is a special country/nation - with its own way in the world's history - so going abroad they are feeling themselves like they are superior/special.

This kind of behaviour can probably change with time.

It is also in Russian nature to have good time in groups and trying to share this joy with other people.

But there are many Russians now who try to avoid the all Russian hotels/resorts/noisy or rude tourists - and prefer some quiet places.

• Like 1

I'm not sure why people have a problem with the Russians. So they are not too friendly, probably because they can't talk anything other than Russian.
They generally keep themselves to themselves. Well if you look around, so do most other nationalities.
Nothing wrong with that. at least they don't generally impose themselves on me and my space.