Airport metered taxi closing time

grumpyoldman

Did use the search before posting because I know metered taxis at the airport has been covered ad nauseum....but....was unable to locate the time when the stand closes.

So i will ask you polite fellow TV posters the question, what time does the stand close up? Thanks in advance, GOM

Phuket Shuttle offer good rates which are fixed and you can book on the internet without having to enter your credit card details. Great Service. I highly recommend.

Edited by CFC

metered taxis have not changed, I went to the metered taxi stand on my return to be told 900 baht to rawai. Guy had his meter on until he got past the police/army checkpoint at the exit from the airport then turned it off. I did return at 5pm and traffic was horrendous, I think the driver was thinking he should have used the meter lol.

There is no hard and fast time for the Taximeter office to close at night - it depends on customer demand.

Last night when I went to the airport at 1.30am, the taximeter office was 'bustling' - plenty of passengers and taximeter cars.

What I do know is that - for some weird reason - the taximeter office is not allowed to operate 24/7.  It seems to close after dealing with passengers off the flight from Chiang Mai that arrives at 00.50.

If you arrive on one of the Far-East flights between 2-5am, then that office is likely to be closed.