Mass reshuffle in Royal Forest Department

Lite Beer

Shuffle the pack,but does it achieve anything ?
regards Worgeordie

I do see some point....putting them into positions where they can't do harm.

But the think would be, fire them and seize their money. That there is no law for that is no excuse....dear general please make such a law....

They are transferred to inactive positions where they cannot make anything over and above their civil service salaries.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand
  • Like 2

The Ministry of Inactive Posts urgently needs to move to a larger building due to overcrowding. rolleyes.gif

My landlord is director of one of the national parks mentioned in the article. If he ends up in prison, who do I pay my rent to?

I'm not saying that I know anything about your living accommodations, but it would be of some interest to know how the civil servant you mentioned acquired the funds to develop real estate.  

:) 

Shuffle the pack,but does it achieve anything ?
regards Worgeordie

I do see some point....putting them into positions where they can't do harm.

But the think would be, fire them and seize their money. That there is no law for that is no excuse....dear general please make such a law....

They are transferred to inactive positions where they cannot make anything over and above their civil service salaries.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The article doesn't say "inactive" position.

They do say this, so hopefully prosecutions will follow.  But it will take time:

It vowed to retake the illegally occupied forest land to the people and punish all involved, including corrupted officials who helped to falsify documents to enable influential people to occupy forest land illegitimately.

As far as Samui, they say more will be announced next week.  Fantastic news.  As mentioned above, just making them survive on their normal salaries is penalty enough!  As I"m sure many paid for their positions...but prison terms for some would be great.

Good post, just to add who cares about a little media stifling when things like this are on the go.  I love it  If before they cared so much about the poor people ,then why didn't they give them some of the Samui/Phuket/N.Park  land ??     Greedy Hi Sos, A clan to it's self.

• Like 2

They do say this, so hopefully prosecutions will follow.  But it will take time:

It vowed to retake the illegally occupied forest land to the people and punish all involved, including corrupted officials who helped to falsify documents to enable influential people to occupy forest land illegitimately.

As far as Samui, they say more will be announced next week.  Fantastic news.  As mentioned above, just making them survive on their normal salaries is penalty enough!  As I"m sure many paid for their positions...but prison terms for some would be great.

Good post, just to add who cares about a little media stifling when things like this are on the go.  I love it  If before they cared so much about the poor people ,then why didn't they give them some of the Samui/Phuket/N.Park  land ??     Greedy Hi Sos, A clan to it's self.

"influential" people and powerful government officials have an air of impunity about them.  And for good reason.  For many years you could do just about whatever you wanted.  Just pay off the right people and you are untouchable.  Hopefully, this is now changing.

• Like 2

Again, stop with all this "moving" to other positions bullshit . . . if they broke the law or did something wrong, sack them and deny them their pensions.

Moving people to "inactive posts" does nothing at all to dissuade people from doing things illegally, it's the equivalent of a very soft slap on the wrist and told you've been a bad boy. Pathetic.

Over the years I have posted on these lines.

This INACTIVE position should not exist.  No way anyone should be given a sideways move if they are guilty of crime in the workplace.  THE SACK is the only way.   This will lead to immediate halt to the workplace illegalities.  Or the resignations of past guilty personnel.  Message--clear them out. Make them work on the hillsides planting missing saplings.

• Like 2

"influential" people and powerful government officials have an air of impunity about them.  And for good reason.  For many years you could do just about whatever you wanted.  Just pay off the right people and you are untouchable.  Hopefully, this is now changing.

#20 should explain a bit of that.thumbsup.gif

Redistributing the contaminated goods to previously clean forestry offices is not a formula for reform!  Corrupt people should be fired from government service not maintained in inactive posts to fester and cause further contamination.

Again, stop with all this "moving" to other positions bullshit . . . if they broke the law or did something wrong, sack them and deny them their pensions.

Moving people to "inactive posts" does nothing at all to dissuade people from doing things illegally, it's the equivalent of a very soft slap on the wrist and told you've been a bad boy. Pathetic.

Even in Thailand corrupt officials have a right to "assumption of innocence" while their case is being investigated.

Suspended from duties or moved to an inactive post is the correct and fair thing to do.

But it is now on the NCPO to properly investigate and prosecute of warranted. That's when I will believe they are being fair dinkum.
  • Like 1

Even in Thailand corrupt officials have a right to "assumption of innocence" while their case is being investigated.

Suspended from duties or moved to an inactive post is the correct and fair thing to do.

But it is now on the NCPO to properly investigate and prosecute of warranted. That's when I will believe they are being fair dinkum.

Being moved to an inactive post IS the punishment in most cases with no further action or investigation taken.

This is a good start. But, it should be accompanied by massive fines, and long prison terms. Defiling national forest should be a very serious offense, and it should not be treated with a little slap on the wrist, and a transfer to another paid position. Tremendous shame should be heaped upon the families of these men. Total loss of face is justified in this case. Ritual suicides by small men that have been shamed into submission, after their lives have been ruined. And mass apologies. There are few crimes as heinous as selling park land for profit. It is a crime against the state. 

Being moved to an inactive post IS the punishment in most cases with no further action or investigation taken.

Unfortunately this is not clear.

I did not find any information if proper criminal investigations are done.

I  guess that even if everybody knows that unlegal behavior took place it does not mean that proof is immediately available.

In this case IMHO the proper action would be a) move to an inactive post and b) immediately start criminal investigation

if c) there is proof sack and arrest until court trial

a) has been done - now what about b) and c) ?

• Like 1

I would love an inactive post. How do I apply?

Imagine sitting in a vast office filled with hundreds of Thai people playing Grand Theft Auto, flirting online, reading comics or picking their noses. And getting paid. Heaven!

A few months ago a member posted about these inactive posts.  He said it's a huge embarrassment for the official involved.  They are given a bare desk with nothing on it.  They have to show up every day at 8am, take lunch at a designated time, and can't leave until 5pm.  All the while everybody is working around them and watching them.  I'd be bored to death after only 1 day.

No jaunts to the beach for a free lunch.  No early afternoons off to go drinking.  No overnight trips with your mia noi to resorts with costs being paid for by the country.  And worse, no under the table money.  Huge loss of income.