Peanuts and hairy beans

Kanga Japan

Does anyone know the Thai script for:

THUA GRAJOP (peanuts) 

THUA HAIR (hairy beans)

I realize that there are other words for these two items, but I would like to know the Thai scripts for the above, if possible.

Thank you for your help.

"Does anyone know the Thai script for:

THUA GRAJOP (peanuts) 

THUA HAIR (hairy beans)"

I'm not familiar with the word GRAJOP but I know of a peanut candy that is called ถั่วกระจก (thua grajok).  Grajok means plate glass or mirror.  The peanut candy is a flat crunchy bar with lots of visible peanuts.  Sort of like a peanut brittle but thicker. 

In Isaan, the hairy bean is called ถั่วแฮ (tua hae)

• Like 1

Dear Pla shado,

Thank you for the script for THUA HAIR.  Regarding the script for THUA GRAJOP, it was mentioned in David Thompson's book 'Thai Food', as 'caramelised peanuts'.  The peanut candy sounds similar, so it could be correct.

I appreciate your help.

Dear Ohng,

Thank you.  No problem at all.

I just received the same information from Pla shado and the THUA GRAJOP script you both gave me might be correct, as the original description was 'caramelised peanuts', which are apparently sold everywhere in Thailand and used in salads, sauces and desserts (according to David Thompson, in his highly-acclaimed book 'Thai Food').

I appreciate your help.

GRAJOK, not GRAJOP.  GRAJOK means "glass" and is used to describe the glazed appearance of certain foods (such as caramelised peanuts - peanut brittle as I believe some people call it).  So, as Ohng suggested it's ถั่วกระจก.

Edited by AyG
  • Like 1

Dear AyG,

Thank your for the update and further information on the caramelized peanuts.  I noticed that it meant glass, but didn't think of glazed.

I also appreciate you pointing out the spelling correction.