Yingluck has returned to Bangkok Sunday night: report

webfact

In a few previous posts I assumed the possibility that Yinluck might not return to Thailand to face her accusers and possibly face prison time. Well, my assumption was incorrect. (Assumptions often are.)

I've never been a fan of Yinluck but I must give her credit where credit is due. Unlike her cowardly brother, she has returned to Thailand to face the music. I "assume" (here I go again) she actually thinks she's innocent.

Looks like the sister has bigger balls than the brother. 

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's T's idea that she return home, then he's playing a high-stakes game in terms of public sentiment and issues of morality - at least high stakes for him and his family. If it all goes pear-shape for her, then T and co lose the moral high ground on the world stage, and destroy what remaining shreds of support they have in Thailand, and this is very likely anyway. So what is going on? I seriously doubt a deal has been done with the junta as the rice scheme is far too significant to be nudged aside or diminished in any way. This is very intriguing as I doubt YL is returning as a matter of principle, nor to continue the good fight on behalf of the Shins. There is simply no way she is going to expose herself to the risk of incarceration when she has the resources to spend the rest of her life in luxury.

You are severely underestimating the support they have in Thailand, otherwise they would not have won every single election they stood in.
You are severly underestimating the Army and their backers this time.There will be no election until that support is eroded or the Shins decapitated,figuritively speaking.We dont want to go through the previous shenaigans again and again.

We being you or the Thai electorate?

If what you say is true, and I suspect it is, there won't be any elections in any meaningful sense for oh, I don't know, how long did it take in Burma?

On a private plane, should be little doubt who that belonged to.

Thaksin has personally delivered the lamb to the slaughter, brotherly love at its finest.

Good, I always did think she would come back, she is the best one to keep the shin name in the headlines.

We now wait to see what the OAG decides regards whether a prosecution should take place over the negligence investigation.

Yeah, no doubt. The private plane most likely is owned by the company she charted the plane from. 

she appears to have more morals and b_lls than her brother

That's not exactly difficult is it? 

I'd say it was not at all un-"difficult" to return to legal prosecution and possible jail time. 

You are severly underestimating the Army and their backers this time.There will be no election until that support is eroded or the Shins decapitated,figuritively speaking.We dont want to go through the previous shenaigans again and again.

We being you or the Thai electorate?

If what you say is true, and I suspect it is, there won't be any elections in any meaningful sense for oh, I don't know, how long did it take in Burma?

Come on, guys. Think positive and even worst case the elections will only give us the same mess we had before.

The only reason Ms. Yingluck (the one from this topic) will not participate in NRC and CDC is because she wants to be able to serve the country (again) coming elections.

Edited by rubl

If it's T's idea that she return home, then he's playing a high-stakes game in terms of public sentiment and issues of morality - at least high stakes for him and his family. If it all goes pear-shape for her, then T and co lose the moral high ground on the world stage, and destroy what remaining shreds of support they have in Thailand, and this is very likely anyway. So what is going on? I seriously doubt a deal has been done with the junta as the rice scheme is far too significant to be nudged aside or diminished in any way. This is very intriguing as I doubt YL is returning as a matter of principle, nor to continue the good fight on behalf of the Shins. There is simply no way she is going to expose herself to the risk of incarceration when she has the resources to spend the rest of her life in luxury.

You are severely underestimating the support they have in Thailand, otherwise they would not have won every single election they stood in.

Electorates wisen and mature, even in Thailand. You need to get up to speed and think more carefully before you post such out of date propaganda.

As if you actually know what's really going on and espousing your opinion as fact ... and any opposing opinions as naive and uninformed. 

• Like 1

Gives the Junta a bit of a difficult balancing act. If they are too zealous in their pursuit of her they will alienate her supporters whilst if they aren't forceful enough they will alienate their own supporters. And if she is found not guilty, then there this in effect means there was very little legal and political justification for the coup. 

How do you achieve political reconciliation whilst prosecuting the leader of the last democratically elected government? Bit of a paradox. 

Not to mention how it will appear to the world at large and Thailand's foreign allies. The junta can probably get away with trying her, but it's gonna look bad for the junta ... and for Thailand ... if they actually put her in prison. 

Although I have no way of knowing what actually went on behind the scenes, I gotta feeling she didn't knowingly and premeditatedly break the law. Yes, as a PM she was very inept and made some very stupid decisions (mainly to follow her brother's advice commands) ... but I'm not convinced she's an out-&-out criminal. But ... hey ... what the hell do I know? I'm not convinced I know it all like so many tv.com barstool/armchair experts. 

Gives the Junta a bit of a difficult balancing act. If they are too zealous in their pursuit of her they will alienate her supporters whilst if they aren't forceful enough they will alienate their own supporters. And if she is found not guilty, then there this in effect means there was very little legal and political justification for the coup. 

How do you achieve political reconciliation whilst prosecuting the leader of the last democratically elected government? Bit of a paradox. 

Don't see what its got to do with the Junta.

The NACC has investigated the rice scheme for over 2 years long before the army came along and found that Yingluck was negligent.

They have passed this information on to the OAG who will now decide if a prosecution is warranted.

If they decide in that way it will then be passed to the appropriate court.

If she is found guilty by that court she will be found guilty of breaking the law.

No doubt then there would be right of appeal as with any other case.

Do you believe that because of her position at the time she should be above the law ?

I didn't realize that Yinglucks alleged negligence was the reason given for staging the coup... learn something every day.

Should those in high places be exempt from prosecution because it may put their supporters noses out of joint ?

Richard Nixon broke several laws ... including obstructing justice. But he never was prosecuted, tried or imprisoned. Yes, publicly shamed and humiliated and forced to resign ... but never prosecuted. And the same or similar has most likely happened in the home country of every farang reading this. 

You people are a sorrowful bunch.   Last night you stayed up hoping she wouldn't return so you can make your ugly comments.  Now she comes back and you start your insults.   Very disgusting group of people here. 

cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

And someone proves the point. 

So far we have two reports...one   a repost by Tulsathit with a photo of someone next to luggage and a van and one saying the vehicle went into the airport to collect her.  We have no verifiable report of her return.

555 What a ting tong thing to say. Do you seriously doubt that she returned??? If you actually do ... which you don't ... then why would the press and government tell such a lie that could so very easily be immediately disproven by a public appearance by Yinluck in London, or where ever. 

Edited by HerbalEd

It would be nice if they were far more humble.....but that is not the style, so to speak, of most Thai politicians....as in 99 % of them.

A big grand entrance / return is all part of their image that they have to maintain.

Retuning on a regular airliner and economy class would never be considered.

That would show she has been weakened and looking vulnerable to her detractors and critics and those that want to knock her down.

We all know that money and wealth and image supersede all other matters of importance while garnishing the admiration of other people more so than honesty and integrity.

Cheers

How many people here .. or anywhere ... including you ... would be flying in on coach fare if they were ultra rich? My "guess" is somewhere between none and zero.

In a few previous posts I assumed the possibility that Yinluck might not return to Thailand to face her accusers and possibly face prison time. Well, my assumption was incorrect. (Assumptions often are.)

I've never been a fan of Yinluck but I must give her credit where credit is due. Unlike her cowardly brother, she has returned to Thailand to face the music. I "assume" (here I go again) she actually thinks she's innocent.

"I've never been a fan of Yinluck but.................................................................................."  clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Another one !   Starting to lose count now !

• Like 1

"I've never been a fan of Yinluck but.................................................................................."  clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

I don't get your supposed humor, but I assume it's cynical.

I realize it may be difficult for you to fathom, but it's possible to actually be very critical of someone, and yet be man enough to acknowledge their positives ... albeit reluctantly some times. After 70 years, I've come to realize that life is generally 10% black, 10% white, and 80% gray. The ever increasing intolerance of more and more people all over the world, and their "you're either with me or agin me" attitude is destroying the world as we once knew it ... e.g., Israel vs. Palestinians; the American congress and other country's political bodies who would rather ruin their country than compromise their ideological stubbornness; etc. etc. And, not surprisingly, tv.com is a microcosm of this. But, what the hell ... I'm retired and having lots of fun in LOS, so <deleted> IT! 555

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You people are a sorrowful bunch. (forgetful to boot!)

Before the Junta arrest one of their own the ugly comments were "The Junta are corrupted and would never arrest within their own ranks" When the Junta arrest one of their own. Your insult is "It is a PR stunt"

Before the police chief was reinstated the ugly comments were "it was a conspiracy by the DEM's and the courts". When he is reinstated the insult is  "it is nepotism".

When the Junta found a small amount of weapons the ugly comments were "An insignificant weapons find". When they found 10% of all weapons finds in 14 years the insult is "A fake news story".

Before the Junta paid the rice farmers the ugly comment was "They don't care about the farmers" When they paid the farmers the insult was "They are a populist Junta"

Very disgusting group of people here….and support terrorist groups to boot!!!!

Here you go again with diarrhea of the mouth.  Who supports terrorist groups?  I am not a yellow skirt.

You said "we" are sorrowful and highlighted why. Fair enough.  

I replied highlighting the exact same points that you did with examples, but from the other side of the divide (or as I like to call it the 15 principle of democracy supporters side) which highlighted the hypocrisy in your statement. What do you do? Ignore that completely and follow it on with nothing but condescension. No reply saying…."Damn, I have to admit you are right there" or "OK, fair enough, but I am talking about here and now". None of that…"Diarrhea"! WOW. Did you go to Kentucky State University too? In typical terrorist supporter fashion when proven wrong, deny, condescend, belittle, ignore or change the subject. The 2 accused terrorist leaders of the terrorist organization you support would be so proud.

Just be thankful the red shirts are no longer causing daily terrorist attacks in Bangkok with impunity. Be thankful we will not see another Trat thanks to the Junta. Be thankful that, like me, I can walk my 2 beautiful loving children and wife through Bangkok without the fear of random terrorist attacks caused by red shirts on innocent people. People that had nothing to do with this situation.

Truly, may peace and reconciliation be with you. I have saved you a seat on the reconciliation train that arrives at "true democracy" station in October next year. We can pass the time by discussing why it is wrong for an accused terrorist, accused mass murderer, convicted criminal fugitives' sister to allow an amnesty bill to go through parliament at a vote of 307 -0 0 against the voice of the majority. 

I assume any reply will be nothing of substance and only be a quick inarticulate quip at me. Because if it was a reply that offered substance or proved you hypocritical then it would be called diarrhea right?

Your wasting your time with me.   I am just curious why late last night you were looking at a number of websites to see if YL has returned.   This is all you have in life is to stay up all night worried about the poor lady if she returned or not.   You need to find another activity to keep you busy during the day so you can sleep well at night.   

My dear friend. I have found other activities to keep me busy. 

Counting the principles of democracy the PTP adhered too.

Trust me. I went to bed early that night.

• Like 1

How many people here .. or anywhere ... including you ... would be flying in on coach fare if they were ultra rich? My "guess" is somewhere between none and zero.

Correct. Also the "Thai Smile" inaugural flight into Don Mueang was a few day earlier. Missed photo opportunity, shame really. Some posters here would have really like to be present and wave at her.

Imagine, the chance of a life time, a photo with Ms. Yingluck smiling nicely and you just being able to stand next to her and be in that picture. 

• Like 1

Don't see what its got to do with the Junta.

The NACC has investigated the rice scheme for over 2 years long before the army came along and found that Yingluck was negligent.

They have passed this information on to the OAG who will now decide if a prosecution is warranted.

If they decide in that way it will then be passed to the appropriate court.

If she is found guilty by that court she will be found guilty of breaking the law.

No doubt then there would be right of appeal as with any other case.

Do you believe that because of her position at the time she should be above the law ?

I didn't realize that Yinglucks alleged negligence was the reason given for staging the coup... learn something every day.

Should those in high places be exempt from prosecution because it may put their supporters noses out of joint ?

Richard Nixon broke several laws ... including obstructing justice. But he never was prosecuted, tried or imprisoned. Yes, publicly shamed and humiliated and forced to resign ... but never prosecuted. And the same or similar has most likely happened in the home country of every farang reading this. 

So you have taken over as the great defender now...OK

By your post which has nothing to do with Yingluck I presume you don't believe those in power anywhere should be prosecuted regardless of what they do.

However the topic is about Yingluck returning, as I believed she would and said so on other topics.

However I don't believe she made that decision on her own but rather has been sent back as a representative of the shin clan, in a similar manner to her being made PM.

She will now, through the PR machine, be kept in the news as much as possible to garner as much sympathy as possible both here and overseas by her being portrayed as a victim of an evil junta.

Even though, as I said in my post the junta have nothing to do with her being investigated along with the rice pledging scheme, for the investigation by the NACC was started over 2 years ago after the first no confidence debate when the Dems took the evidence they had collected to the NACC.

That and subsequent evidence has led to where we are now with proceedings against her in the hands of the OAG.

We await their decision.

I think that surprised a lot of people,wonder what she promised to the powers to be.if she was allowed to go out.maybe they had something of hers as a safety net

I Hope she enyoys her stay here.  It was amazing the luggage she took out, what she have coming in ---a handbag??

• Like 1

I don't get your supposed humor, but I assume it's cynical.

I realize it may be difficult for you to fathom, but it's possible to actually be very critical of someone, and yet be man enough to acknowledge their positives ... albeit reluctantly some times. After 70 years, I've come to realize that life is generally 10% black, 10% white, and 80% gray. The ever increasing intolerance of more and more people all over the world, and their "you're either with me or agin me" attitude is destroying the world as we once knew it ... e.g., Israel vs. Palestinians; the American congress and other country's political bodies who would rather ruin their country than compromise their ideological stubbornness; etc. etc. And, not surprisingly, tv.com is a microcosm of this. But, what the hell ... I'm retired and having lots of fun in LOS, so <deleted> IT! 555

I am a critic of poor diabolical governing. but I get stick from this minority clan that sprung up 3 years ago to defend PTP.

I have always said had Yingluck  conducted herself to the task of PM and held the stick over the PTP when they did not conform to democratic rule, dismissed the wrong people that sat in the cabinet instead she chose the chosen ones that were outwardly corrupt.   Truths will evolve now she is back, and we have to wait to see the action taken.

Personally I do not give a fig about her being back, or what happens to her.  To my mind I cannot even write a list of mega/ super things they implemented over the 3 years. Can anyone out there give me a list ???   No one else is to blame only her as PM -had she been a fabulous PM she would be there now with flowers thrown at her, the same as our lady in Burma.

I'm not a fan, but she has guts. She came back, showing up all those men with no balls who have fled Thailand for their actions, suspected or otherwise, committed while on the public payroll. Her brother is the worst, of course. Yingluck was not a good PM, but she always 'looked good'. She assumed too many responsibilites, rather than simply be PM. That's tough enough as it is. She was naive and misled by her brother and his cronies. Without being privy to the facts it seems to me that her biggest crime was negligence. She did not properly mind the store. Let's hope this matter is resolved quickly and fairly, and Thailand can move on, hopefully without these very negative influences. 

• Like 2

Re. your "So you have taken over as the great defender now...OK

By your post which has nothing to do with Yingluck I presume you don't believe those in power anywhere should be prosecuted regardless of what they do."

So you have taken over as the great topic moderator to tell me what's on or off subject?

Be careful not to "presume" too much. Evidently you're not good at it. You mis-presumed my point. I simply stated some historical facts.

Also, sometimes a person point out an irony, or can play devil's advocate for a position and not be pro that position. That's why it's called "devils" advocate. Unfortunately on tv.com too many people think you gotta be all one view or the other, and get all confused and miffed, and assume you're the enemy if you dare to say something positive about an otherwise bad situation. 

Edited by HerbalEd

I'm in shock, I thought 100% she was going to run, either she's really smart or really dumb?

Why are you in shock....?? Of course she was going to come back! As I mentioned in another post I made, what good would she be to Big Brother if she where also  in exile..?

He needs someone here in Thailand that he can trust, to be his ears, eyes and mouth to keep him in the loop and to try to master mind another way of getting back here with amnesty .... 

• Like 1

You people are a sorrowful bunch.   Last night you stayed up hoping she wouldn't return so you can make your ugly comments.  Now she comes back and you start your insults.   Very disgusting group of people here. 

You don't have programs or comedians, who poke fun at politicians, where you come from ? wink.png

Or does it conflict with the tenets of Red 'true democracy' and 'freedom of speech', in some way ?

Speaking for myself, I am slightly-impressed, that former-PM Yingluck did return, and wish that her brother would follow her example. He won't, until the 10 years are up, it appears.

I rekon that 10 years will be amended to life and made retrospective.That man must not be allowed back without doing time
  • Like 1

A good PR move. The next time she wants to leave they will trust her to return.

Not really. They already trusted her to return by letting her leave the last time.

They trusted her not to come back,then everything would have been a lot easier.Now theh have a martyr on their hands.

Indeed.