Any Honda Jazz Owners Here?

I am picking up a new Honda Jazz next week and was wondering about the tint for the windows. Having done a search 3M and Lamina seem to be quite good tints. Does anyone here have any comments on the standard tint that Honda provides?

What are the differences between the standard tint from Honda and upgrading to one of these tints. I have been told by Honda if I upgrade to Star Koo that would be about 3000 THB does that sound about right? Any comments on this tint or the foregoing would be helpful.

To my knowledge, the flim that honda offers are very low quality film which could not shield any heat at all. To top it up, the visibilty would be bad when you drive at night, especially in those poorly lighted streets.

I have not tried 3M nor Lamina but i'm using CarKool on my Toyota Wish (around 8000baht) and UFO on Mercs E class(around 17000baht). I have too tried Hi-Cool on my old Lancer (it doesnt shield anything but others from being able to see my face from outside!!)

Probably i would suggest you could go for the mid-range films (it does work better than Hi-Cool which fall in the range of 3M & Lamina). So that you would not have to blast the a/c for a period of time everytime you park under directly under the Sun.

Since you are getting a new car, did you bug them to throw in a few freebies too? For eg. if they were to throw in the window film for you & you would like to get a better grade film yourself, you are able to get them to rebate you for the film, bla bla bla.

I hope this helps.

:o

I am picking up a new Honda Jazz next week and was wondering about the tint for the windows. Having done a search 3M and Lamina seem to be quite good tints. Does anyone here have any comments on the standard tint that Honda provides?

What are the differences between the standard tint from Honda and upgrading to one of these tints. I have been told by Honda if I upgrade to Star Koo that would be about 3000 THB does that sound about right? Any comments on this tint or the foregoing would be helpful.

Interesting! When I bought my Civic last year they fitted Lamina film all round for free as part of the deal (I've since sold that and bought a Mazda 3, Mazda offered exactly the same deal....free Lamina film). I have 40% tint on front window and 60% on the sides/rear.

I will ring the dealer tomorrow and find out the name of the standard Honda tint. Then try and deduct that cost from the cost of having the Lamina tint applied as Preceptor suggests.

Patex and moonoi thanks for your input.

I think I negotiated a reasonable deal. The price was ฿705,000 which I managed to get the dealer to knock off ฿5000 thus actual cost of car being ฿700,000

As for extras:

Free floor mats. ฿800

Free alarm fitted on fob for keyless entry. ฿4500

Free parking sensor fitted. ฿4500

Free door visor. ฿1200

Free body cover. ฿1100

Free emergency kit (Flashlight, Toolkit, Towing and Jumpstart cables) ฿ Do not recall

These were the prices as told to me by the dealer, obviously retail prices. Though the way I look at it is, from the initial price of the car I have managed to get somewhere in the region of ฿17000 + discount.

Though notwithstanding if I can squeeze anything extra out of them then I will be game on. :o

I mistake the brand SuperKool for Carkool, haha, my apologies Mate.

Sounds like you have cut yourself a very good deal with those loads of freebies!

I supposed you are getting the top model of Jazz, with the full option?

I am too getting a new car soon but having a bad time choosing between Jazz & Yaris.

I hope i am able to come out of the dilemma soon manz.... :o

PS: 'Any things you can squeeze they for' = cute salesgirl mobile numbers!!!