Phuket beach vendors lobby to be allowed back on the sand

webfact

the thai sence of ownership...lol....im happy to see the shoe on the other foot now,i hope they come to pattaya soon,we need a new sheriff in town

I hope they do it also on Koh Samui and on Koh Phangan.

Just look at Mae Haad and Koh Ma.

On resort stretched out there restaurant area on over 500 square meters of public beach with wooden structures.

With large signs: It is not allowed to bring your own food and drinks to the beach.

• Like 2

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let them have a section of the beach 1/3 from the HWM to entrance of beach - Mark out what they can use.

Charge them regulated rent -

Small business Inititative...

(Freephone anonymous calls for Maffia threats)

Also have a section "public beach" -

NO squatters

Then for the "quality tourists"

Private section with charged entrance - free modern sun loungers and waiter service

(as you get in the Med. )

They tried that. They allowed two rows of loungers, but that wasn't enough for the greedy bastards! It's public land, not for rent and not for private enterprise. Understand?

• Like 2

well actually, i think quite a lot of people want a lounger and shade option (not me). Not everyone wants to cook in 35% and get burnt.....

and also - who are the idiots saying if i want a lounger and umbrella, i'll take my own or they can bring them from shops.....oh yes very relaxing...

i'm going to the beach- let's just hump this 5o kg sunlounger down to the beach!

the problm is the lack of regulation and fair competition and imtimidation.

Clearing them all off was probably the only way to start...but there should be a middle ground.....eg massage....many many people like to have massage at the beach and that was a choice.....now they can't.......

The tone of most people on TV nowadays is pretty ugly and agressive

Calling people idiots is not "pretty ugly or aggressive" then? Never heard of collapsible sun beds and portable umbrellas??? That's what folks take to beaches in other countries where there are no sun beds or umbrellas on them! We have them to take to the beach on Khao Lak, together with picnic box and, of course, a coller for the beer!!! wink.png

• Like 2

now you have them all together

register them , and give them tax numbers to start paying back into their own society

then maybe they will have a right to bitch

thats because im guessing most dont pay taxes [and havent for 40 years]

• Like 2

Let the Phuket governor's office find them honest jobs on construction sites or fishing trawlers. There are plenty jobs available and the fact that they were operating illegal businesses in conservation areas and evading tax is not a good reason to let them break the law again.

Let the gov't find them jobs...?

Who follows that thought process...

well actually, i think quite a lot of people want a lounger and shade option (not me). Not everyone wants to cook in 35% and get burnt.....

and also - who are the idiots saying if i want a lounger and umbrella, i'll take my own or they can bring them from shops.....oh yes very relaxing...

i'm going to the beach- let's just hump this 5o kg sunlounger down to the beach!

Clearing them all off was probably the only way to start...but there should be a middle ground.....eg massage....many many people like to have massage at the beach and that was a choice.....now they can't.......

The problem is, which you seem to fail to comprehend, the beaches are public land! Not for rent, not for personal or local government officials profit. Or can I just set up a business in your home countries' national park or beach? I thought not. If you want a massage, go to a business on private land or hire a masseuse and bring a beach mat…

Edited by Jimi007
  • Like 1

Authorities could, of course, regulate it like Miami Beach, Malaga Spain, Nice,

Venice Beach Cal., but... nothing gets the military juices up better than demolishing !

Please, point out to me the beach chairs on Venice Beach, CA:

post-47948-0-84581600-1407777152_thumb.j

Here's a whole page of photos of Venice Beach, please let me know the one that shows beach chairs or other businesses operating on the beach.

http://venicebeach.com/the-beach/

• Like 2

many beaches are public and still allow some licensed traders to sell on it......there are certain things some tourists want to be offered while at the beach.....

Problem is, if they have a public auction to allow 100 chairs operating in a small space, within a month there will be 1000.

It really is a case of all or nothing.

• Like 2

many beaches are public and still allow some licensed traders to sell on it......there are certain things some tourists want to be offered while at the beach.....

Problem is, if they have a public auction to allow 100 chairs operating in a small space, within a month there will be 1000.

It really is a case of all or nothing.

Should be OK if it is policed properly and law and order is maintained. I personally enjoyed the convenience, but agree that they did take over the beaches.

• Like 1

Authorities could, of course, regulate it like Miami Beach, Malaga Spain, Nice,

Venice Beach Cal., but... nothing gets the military juices up better than demolishing !

Please, point out to me the beach chairs on Venice Beach, CA:

attachicon.gif060308-096..jpg

Here's a whole page of photos of Venice Beach, please let me know the one that shows beach chairs or other businesses operating on the beach.

http://venicebeach.com/the-beach/

Here's a video about the beach town in California I grew up in and still own a house. Are there any beach chairs? LOL! But sadly not many locals left either. http://www.bloomberg.com/video/california-s-most-popular-town-for-luxury-homes-RqQ8eBnYRJmZq7p3A3QdVg.html

In my early days in Patong there was only 1 row of deck chairs & no one harassed you if you wanted to just sit on the sand. I cannot remember what year it was but once around Xmas I took my father to Naithon beach which was virtually deserted with not a deck chair in sight. One of the deck chair guys in Patong told me his space was between 2 certain trees. There was no Patong municipality then (this is an important statement as I believe that once they came into being then development & all types of vendors increased dramatically from which you can draw your own conclusions).

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I really hope the NCPO tell them where to go. Ordinary folks should be able to sit down on any part of the beach they choose, especially near the tree line for shade, not just at the high water mark, which is the only space left by these scroungers and there massive overpriced loungers.

Same is true in Pattaya. When I feel like some beach recreation I go elsewhere. Soon I will leave Thailand and it will not be for lack of beaches but to find beaches not dominated by beach chair mafia.

• Like 1

Let the Phuket governor's office find them honest jobs on construction sites or fishing trawlers. There are plenty jobs available and the fact that they were operating illegal businesses in conservation areas and evading tax is not a good reason to let them break the law again.

Thailand has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the world. It seems nearly anyone who wants to work, can find work. They are not really asking for a job. They are asking for a high paying job, such as the vending position they had for years. Not too much sympathy from this end, I am afraid to say.

Working beach for 40 years ! Then please produce tax statements. I doubt they will be able to produce anything.

My own partner had both beach and town shop massage for 8 years. Never paid taxes ! But she had to pay Bht 30000 month to wife of resort owner to set up on beach opposite their resort. Yet another scam as beach belong to King, not resort owner.

Dogmatix, on 11 Aug 2014 - 15:22, said:

And the man at the top, the governor, what has he done, over the years, to stop all this illegal/corrupt activity.... absolutely nothing, in fact he even endorse fare rises for the taxis. Why hasn't he been brought to answer.

The cleanup can't be taken serious before the guys on the top are also cleaned away.

• Like 2

“They come to our beaches for the convenience. If we can’t provide such services, tourists will simply find an alternate beach destination in a different country"

Can you believe this one! cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

Tourism to Queensland is on the 'up' and "No one" is allowed to set up on the beaches there,which are clean and beautiful, they are purely for the public Unlike Thailand which is crowded out with pushy traders and rubbish.

• Like 1

You obviously have'nt seen much ! Where i come from in Queensland, everybody own and take their own seats , cooler, shade and whatever, to the beach, its a way of life. You should get down there and learn a little. Its the same all over Australia. Get yourself educated on the use of the beach. Over the christmas and other holiday periods. Whole families go to isolated beaches and set up camp for a couple of weeks so believe me , it is very relaxing indeed. No problems at all.You obviously have no idea, so deserve to remain small minded. whistling.gif

But that is exactly what the rent paying traders across the road from the beach is offering. w00t.gif