Confusion about ED visa, need help!

Hi, 

I just got off the phone with the consulate in Amsterdam. They told me that for my 1 year ED visa I'd have to leave the country every three months. This is contradicting the information I got from my language school and basically anywhere on the internet. Or am I supposed to get a single entry? And then extend it at the immigration? 

I thought I had to get a multiple entry, and then report every 3 months at the immigration, but then the price is also a lot higher then what my language school tells me it's supposed to be. 

I hope someone can give me the answer! 

Thank you so much 

You can get a single entry and extend every 90 days.

Or you get a multiple entry visa for 1 year. That means the visa is valid for 1 year and during the validity of the visa you can enter Thailand an unlimited number of times, each time you enter you can stay for up to 90 days. By leaving and re-entering jus before the via itself expires you can get almost 15 months out of it.

Some consuls don't know or don't keep themselves up-to-date about the rules for extension of stay.

seems it would be a full time job these days keeping up with all the changes here

Especially since the actual changes are compounded by so many (usually baseless) rumors or misinterpretations.

• Like 1

From what my school told me and is doing now:

You get your 1 year visa at e.g. Laos

School handles the paperwork and every 3 months you have to go to the local immigration office, with the same stack of paperwork for a 3 months extension.

New is that now you have to do this every year.

In the past, like me, I did not had to leave the country for a new yearly ED-visa (last time was 2010), but now I also have to.

You can get a single entry and extend every 90 days.

Or you get a multiple entry visa for 1 year. That means the visa is valid for 1 year and during the validity of the visa you can enter Thailand an unlimited number of times, each time you enter you can stay for up to 90 days. By leaving and re-entering jus before the via itself expires you can get almost 15 months out of it.

He talk about a multiple ED entry visa for 1 year not single entry and extend every 90 days in this case he must go every 3 months at the immigration.

I could be wrong but he must check that with the school !