Pop ups

keithkarmann

I've used a couple, and the best I've found is Adblock Plus. I never get pop-ups anymore.

It's also worth checking any software you've recently downloaded. A couple of months ago I downloaded some streaming software (Ace stream or something), and it introduced all sorts of adware - mostly Russian. My computer was slowed down to almost a standstill, but gradually, so I didn't realise initially where the problem was. Then I noticed in the bottom left of the screen where you can see what's loading on the page that as well as things like 'mc.yandex.ru' and 'codegv.ru' flashing up (which I'd tried without success to exorcise), the 'acestream' was there. And this was on my Hotmail account, which is obviously nothing to do with streaming.

So I uninstalled it, and lo and behold, my Adblock Plus started working properly again and my computer regained its previous speed. And the pop-ups stopped.

Edited by nisakiman

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

UVK - Ultra Virus Killer 

I got the one from www.majorgeeks.com

the free one, which still drags together a suite of well known applications 

Have installed UVK and adblock plus but the popups are still there. Not sure what to try next, maybe a computer shop.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Try Hitman Pro Alert, its free,works with many browsers,

tells you what/if any problems you have on your browser,

and fixes them.

regards Worgeordie

Tried everything on here but nothing worked. Turns out it is an add-on that is not possible to turn off in the manage add-ons menu but in the details of the add on it tells you which folder it is in and in this case it was in the C: Program files so I deleted it there along with one or two other dodgy lucking files and up to now the pop up has not returned. Great News  thanks everybody I now have many anti spyware and malware programs in my computer.

Please download "Your Unin Staller Pro." ( That lets you free a lot of space, occupied by junk files, then download "Super AntiSpyware Pro", you'll be surprised how many leftovers from websites, adds, etc. will be found.

But most importantly, install the right Anti virus program, I'm with AVG 2014 now, it finds all that other program,s don't even see.

Wish you best of luck.

Cheers-