Marriage Visa without the 400,000 baht

Here is the situation, having explored all the visa options, it seems that the Marriage visa is the one which makes the more sense, since I am with my gf for 3 years and we love each other. She don't want me to go and me too.

Now the problem is that I do not have the cash sitting in the bank. I make about 80,000 baht monthly, and I am doing that for at least the 4 years I am in Thailand permanently.

So I can show my bank book with the income I get for these past 4 years.

The problem is: are they going to accept that? Is anyone here who was in the same situation?

Thanks

Wow, great answer, thanks a lot. Do you think I need an attorney for doing the marriage + visa or it can be done by myself?

When you are married you can get a 12 month extension with 400,000 Baht in a thai bank.
OR 40,000 Baht a month income.

A Rough Guide.
(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM)

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Letter from your Thai Bank showing balance and up to date bank book.
OR.
If income from outside Thailand: Letter from your Embassy showing income. Now may also need proof of income as back up.
If Income from Thailand: Statements showing Income Tax receipts.
Marriage Certificate. (Kor Ror 3)
Marriage Registry entry. (Kor Ror 2)
Wife's Tabbien Baan and ID Card.
Your Passport.
Copies of everything.
Photos of you and your Wife in and around the house.
A map showing the way to your house.
Passport size photos and 1,900 Baht fee.
Take your Wife to be interviewed.
One or two witnesses may be required.
You will be given a 30 day under consideration stamp.
Go back in a month and get the remainder.

I have been renewing my annual marriage visa for 30 years now. I know for sure that having 400,000 Baht in an account untouched for 2 months before applying for a visa is a fullproof way of getting the visa.

No need for a lawyer. If you have all the documents and all the photocopies, you'll be in and out within 15-20 minutes, at least at Bak Nam Samuthprakarn.

Is this has to be done in BK or Pattaya is ok too?

I have been renewing my annual marriage visa for 30 years now. I know for sure that having 400,000 Baht in an account untouched for 2 months before applying for a visa is a fullproof way of getting the visa.

No need for a lawyer. If you have all the documents and all the photocopies, you'll be in and out within 15-20 minutes, at least at Bak Nam Samuthprakarn.

Another option and VERY easy ( besides the travel hassle ) is suvannakhet, Laos Thai Consulate. They do NOT require financial proof ( 400k or 40k a month ) and no need to take pictures of u and wife together in the house and outside etc.

You arrive there in the morning ( before 11am ) and drop off:

- Application with two pictures

- copy of your passport

- copy of wife's id, signed by her

- copy of wife's house book, also signed by her

- copy of marriage certificate ( bring original in case they ask to see it )

Come back at 2:30pm and pick up your multiple - O visa.

I just did this 3 days ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

With a multi entry visa can leave country every 150 days.

Will require an extension for reason 2.24, cost is 1,900 Bt at each entry. Make last entry at the last allowed time and will have almost 17 months for each issued visa.

30 years, sir I salute you, wonder if this is some sort of record?

Correct me if I am wrong, are you grandfathered or not?

30 years ago there was no need for 40k, wasnt it 200k?

Great stuff, made my day.

• Like 1

"Wow, great answer, thanks a lot. Do you think I need an attorney for doing the marriage + visa or it can be done by myself?"

"I have been renewing my annual marriage visa for 30 years now."

It's not a visa, which you would get only from an embassy or consulate. It's an extension of stay issued by immigrations. Not a visa.

Will require an extension for reason 2.24, cost is 1,900 Bt at each entry. Make last entry at the last allowed time and will have almost 17 months for each issued visa.

Really? Obviously a new visa no one else is aware of.

• Like 1

Really? Obviously a new visa no one else is aware of.

Multi-entry non-im O visa, _and_ extensions of stay 2.24. You can educate yourself

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/doc/temporarystay/policy777-2551_en.pdf

• Like 1

You need to leave every 90 days and cannot extend for 60 days to make it 150 days before you leave the country.

You need to leave every 90 days and cannot extend for 60 days to make it 150 days before you leave the country.

you cant get extensions on multi non-o's? are you sure?

I have a multi non o based on marriage and i have to leave every 90 days, after your last extension you can extend for 90 days, this is my take on it maybe i am wrong?

I make about 80,000 baht monthly, and I am doing that for at least the 4 years I am in Thailand permanently.

Since you are working in Thailand you should be able to get a one-year extension of stay for the reason of employment. No need to get married for this.

• Like 1

I have a multi non o based on marriage and i have to leave every 90 days, after your last extension you can extend for 90 days, this is my take on it maybe i am wrong?

I think you better check into that. I was pretty sure you get an extension after each entry if you want it

I make about 80,000 baht monthly, and I am doing that for at least the 4 years I am in Thailand permanently.

Since you are working in Thailand you should be able to get a one-year extension of stay for the reason of employment. No need to get married for this.

That is only if he has a company or works for a registered company. If he is employed by a sole proprietor, he will not get an extension of stay. At least they wouldn't extend my B-Visa, because I am employed by a Sole Proprietor and not a company.

Yes, you can. Mods would confute me if that wasn't possible.

That is only if he has a company or works for a registered company. If he is employed by a sole proprietor, he will not get an extension of stay. At least they wouldn't extend my B-Visa, because I am employed by a Sole Proprietor and not a company.

If the OP is working (for whatever size company) legally, then he should have a work permit, and also be able to get an extension of stay based on employment ?

I think you will find that you can extend a single entry visa for 60 days, I have never ever heard of anyone extending each entry on a multi-entry visa.

I think you will find that you can extend a single entry visa for 60 days, I have never ever heard of anyone extending each entry on a multi-entry visa.

I have