ED-visa 90-days reporting via Registered mail.

Hi all,

I have an ED visa from a school in Southern Thailand.

Currently spending a few weeks break in Northern part of the country.

90-days address update/report is up in a couple of weeks.

Is it possible to do the 90-days address reporting via registered mail as of August 12th 2014 (to the inmigration office in the province where my school is located)?

Only serious replies, thanks.

Thanks Mario.

Do you send the notification to a particular officer with your school's provincial inmigration office?

Do you state you current out-of-the-province address, or your original address in your school's province?

It is what I normally do when I am outside the province where I live.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

August 12th was only for visa exempt entries and nothing more.

You would have to contact the immigration office you report to find out their requirements.

You would put the address you used on your previous reports if you mail it in.

You could also make your report to the local immigration office where you are at now. You would need a local address to put on the TM47 and possibly proof of that address.

Can you elaborate on this?

If it's not an address update like the others say and as it seems the general idea, what is it? A plain extension?

There is no address reporting on ED visa in case you do the standard 90 days extensions

Other tan Mario, it seems the rest have no idea what you are talking about.

If you are not on an ED visa and have experience with 90-days reporting via mail, it's better you refrain from commenting. Otherwise it's just bullshit.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

There is no address reporting on ED visa in case you do the standard 90 days extensions

That is an incorrect statement. Only the first extension serves as a 90 day report, after that it are separate requirements and you must do both.

Well, I am on student visa for over 2 years and have never done address reporting. I even asked about it at the school and they says no address reporting is to be done since I extend every 90 days which makes sense (since the address is reported during the 90-day extension). It would be a duplicate task.

Well, I am on student visa for over 2 years and have never done address reporting. I even asked about it at the school and they says no address reporting is to be done since I extend every 90 days which makes sense (since the address is reported during the 90-day extension). It would be a duplicate task.

It is understood to anyone that it doesn't make sense, still that is the rules by immigration. You can be fined Bt. 2,000 if they will start checking at your local office. Good luck anyway. 

Edited by paz

Well, I am pretty sure the school knows this better than anyone else, they have thousands of students and never had a single problem. Also, I am doing extensions every 3 months for 2 years now so I suppose they would notice this in case it was a problem.