Hotel Security Guard killed in Jomtien Road crash

webfact

Hotel Security Guard killed in Jomtien Road crash

crash-21.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A 38 year old Hotel Security Guard, who was driving home after completing a 12 hour shift at a nearby Hotel was killed in a single-vehicle high-speed road crash on Jomtien Second Road on Tuesday morning.

Police and rescue workers arrived at the crash scene on Jomtien Second Road but could not help Khun Jaroon aged 38, who had already died from traumatic head injuries.

He was lying on the road near his damaged bike and blood stains on a street light pylon and marks on the road suggested to Police that he had driven at a high rate of speed and appears to have lost control of his bike on a downhill curve.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/138956/hotel-security-guard-killed-in-jomtien-road-crash/

[pattayaone]2014-08-13[/pattayaone]

The guy was 38, hard to believe he was driving so fast, and as he was driving home from work, likely he knew the road well.

There has been a lot of traffic in Pattaya over the holiday, traffic unfamiliar with the roads, one-way systems, and dare I say excited at the prospect of an open road.

Tragic

Hundreds of local people drive like complete maniacs along Jomtien 2nd Road every day. Motorbike riders are particular culprits but there are plenty of idiots in cars also. My particular favourites are the ones who drive the wrong way because they cant be arsed to find the next u-turn opening.
A month rarely goes by without seeing the report of at least one single-vehicle crash and death along there, sometimes more.
  • Like 1

Was he wearing a helmet? Was the driving against traffic? VERY common here. I live further down on Second road. Seems as many drive against traffic as with it at times. Also looks like they copied US road plan without taking into account drive on other side of the road. And let's not forget times I've almost been rundown by idiots driving on sidewalks, often in same direction as traffic.

• Like 1

This road, like many others around Pattaya / Jomtien is  a death trap  the surface is very poor, in many places there are "woops" that are  more fitting for a motocros track than public road.

The poor guy was not the first vctim and sadly probably not the last.

I read in another news clipping that they are resurfacing Theprasit road.... WHY ?  there is nothing wrong with that road !!!

the money should have gone instead to  the bad parts of Jomtien second  and all Pattaya Tai and  Pattaya second road which are awfull, been neglected for years

but at least usually so blocked with traffic you can't really go very fast and when traffic free going fast just results in rattling the teeth out of your head and bits falling off the vehicle.

Jomtien Second Road, THE race track in the Pattaya area.

Terrible accidents all the time,

And really not only Thais but some big bike Farangs speed like mad.

I remember from an article "upper and lower body parts found, head missing, searching in the nearby bushes".

On my rare visits I "creep" along on the scooter.

I drove past on the other side not long after this had happened. The usual ghoulish gawkers and photographers there. He wasn't wearing a helmet, and looking from the amount of blood I saw it seemed pretty sure to me he'd be dead. Think its the same place the Russki went separate ways. Just as there's a bend/slope in the road. Maybe bad camber coupled with speed sends these guys out of control?

Just finished a shift, probably tired, maybe on the phone. Certainly not going the wrong way and the road was very quiet at that time, no other vehicle (.8.00)

Poor bugger

Was he wearing a helmet? Was the driving against traffic? VERY common here. I live further down on Second road. Seems as many drive against traffic as with it at times. Also looks like they copied US road plan without taking into account drive on other side of the road. And let's not forget times I've almost been rundown by idiots driving on sidewalks, often in same direction as traffic.

A helmet would have stopped the accident, if you presume he was not wearing one?