Should Thailand Put A Bounty On Overstayers/Illegal Workers?

ATF

Yes - we have to look horrible to them - we went to 7 Waterfalls - there are signs all over the place asking that people dress in an appropriate manner with showing proper versus improper......On that day the place was full of farang in their 50's-70's in bikinis - women & men in speedos with bleached out hair and bloated white bodies all over the place - clearly disrespectful and revolting - I took some pics but erased them - I didn't want that in my my memory.....I wondered why the authorities didn't offer them something to cover up or usher them out......sad thing to see/witness.....

<<<<<Quote - before my post>>>>>
For too long fools and idiots have ruined things for good people. There's many good people in this forum who have been caught up in a system which is trying to make things difficult for the bad. If a tidier Thailand existed in relation to mis behaving foreigners, that would improve the outlook for all.

For too long, trash has hidden out in LOS, they're not helping anyone but themselves and they truely make it harder for everyone. One bad politician makes many look bad. One corrupt Police Officer or govt official makes many look bad.

The other day I saw two 'foreigner's'. getting it on ontop of a Buddha statue, it came to me through a Thai acquaintance. It made me very sad. There was a lot of anger amoungst Buddhist Thai people over this and the constant word being used was 'farang'. NOW BEFORE anyone gets upset, I'm not suggesting these people were long term residents but I will tell you what Thai people were seeing was a foreigner disrespecting something very important to them.

There's examples of long term expats looking very bad in Thailand, I don't need to mention which towns.

Edited by pgrahmm

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes - we have to look horrible to them - we went to 7 Waterfalls - there are signs all over the place asking that people dress in an appropriate manner with showing proper versus improper......On that day the place was full of farang in their 50's-70's in bikinis - women & men in speedos with bleached out hair and bloated white bodies all over the place - clearly disrespectful and revolting - I took some pics but erased them - I didn't want that in my my memory.....I wondered why the authorities didn't offer them something to cover up or usher them out......sad thing to see/witness.....

<<<<<Quote - before my post>>>>>
For too long fools and idiots have ruined things for good people. There's many good people in this forum who have been caught up in a system which is trying to make things difficult for the bad. If a tidier Thailand existed in relation to mis behaving foreigners, that would improve the outlook for all.

For too long, trash has hidden out in LOS, they're not helping anyone but themselves and they truely make it harder for everyone. One bad politician makes many look bad. One corrupt Police Officer or govt official makes many look bad.

The other day I saw two 'foreigner's'. getting it on ontop of a Buddha statue, it came to me through a Thai acquaintance. It made me very sad. There was a lot of anger amoungst Buddhist Thai people over this and the constant word being used was 'farang'. NOW BEFORE anyone gets upset, I'm not suggesting these people were long term residents but I will tell you what Thai people were seeing was a foreigner disrespecting something very important to them.

There's examples of long term expats looking very bad in Thailand, I don't need to mention which towns.

there should be an age limit of 35 and a weight limit for 50 kg for women in bikinis.

For men only Italian and French should be allowed.....Germans must wear a Burka.

Yes...if you don't regard their religious symbols, don't go at such places.

I think overstayers does not tops the doing good list but snitches are right at the bottom .... how deep can you sink?

Snitches only have a bad name amongst baddies.

Look at the number of arrests lately that were made as a result of a tip-off. 

You're saying the tipper-offerer is a lowlife...I say without him the baddies get away, and so he is a good guy.

All a matter of perception.

Only if a lot of violence can be used else the job is no fun. And for those of us who want to do this an SS style uniform would be a good reflection of what we are doing. Actually NSB style uniform would be better. They were the Dutch that cooperated with the Germans in WW 2. 

Don't forget the Gestapo they will be responsible for searching hard drives to make sure the are no Digital Nomads in the midst.

Maybe if lucky we get tazers too.. i seen the police tazer invalids and old people.. maybe we can do that too. You know its a good deterrent. 

In Belgium it is fully accepted to taser anybody caught drinking Heineken "beer". Overstayer or not.
Agreed, that The "H"is a blight on the beer landscape. I think you can head up the "beer police" and round up those who have fallen into the trap of purchasing devil water.
  • Like 1

I can see it now.... Thousands of reports coming in daily on everyone who's wife owns a business or people who own a few rentals or people who others think are working on computers in their homes. What a pain it would be for the police. Also, there are people who are just as$holes who can not mind there own business and would be reporting people for no real reason except that they heard someone talk about someone who knows someone who believes that someone is doing something that might be work related ...... you get the picture. Also people who go out and do a little gardening and who's neighbor is jealous and reports them...
And can I sue the person who filed a false report on me. Does that person take responsibility for and stress or damage he caused on the other person who is not found guilty ? Also, does that person have to show up at court to prove that he saw the other person working ?
I think very stupid idea.
Also, how would you know if someone is on overstay ? Did you see their passport ? If so why did you see ? Are you 100% sure or are you guessing based on the way they look. Another stupid idea !!!
  • Like 1

I can see it now.... Thousands of reports coming in daily on everyone who's wife owns a business or people who own a few rentals or people who others think are working on computers in their homes. What a pain it would be for the police. Also, there are people who are just as$holes who can not mind there own business and would be reporting people for no real reason except that they heard someone talk about someone who knows someone who believes that someone is doing something that might be work related ...... you get the picture. Also people who go out and do a little gardening and who's neighbor is jealous and reports them...
And can I sue the person who filed a false report on me. Does that person take responsibility for and stress or damage he caused on the other person who is not found guilty ? Also, does that person have to show up at court to prove that he saw the other person working ?
I think very stupid idea.
Also, how would you know if someone is on overstay ? Did you see their passport ? If so why did you see ? Are you 100% sure or are you guessing based on the way they look. Another stupid idea !!!

what did you say your address was?

• Like 1

So as soon as you reach 50 and can qualify for a retirement visa you are magically transformed from low life scum to good farang?  cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif

Who said that?

I was looking for that statement, not sure who said it. Maybe Kev can help.

If I get that hunting job, can I hunt down PWSOH (posters without sense of humour) in my spare time?

Great idea.

It seems like there's so many against the idea of weeding out the criminals hiding amongst us.

I wonder what they are hiding or fearing ?

😆😆😆😆😆😆

perhaps they are content to live and let live.

and to be honest, I thought we were talking about overstayers not criminals

If I get that hunting job, can I hunt down PWSOH (posters without sense of humour) in my spare time?

Great idea.

It seems like there's so many against the idea of weeding out the criminals hiding amongst us.

I wonder what they are hiding or fearing ?

😆😆😆😆😆😆

perhaps they are content to live and let live.

and to be honest, I thought we were talking about overstayers not criminals

My bad, most of my remarks relate to criminals, but Im led to believe that there's often a reason why people overstay.

I think immigration laws are very important, obviously governments around the world think this too.

Should Thailand Put A Bounty...

...on people like you? my answer is yes! bah.gif
That's particularly nasty Mr Naam, afterall, if all the illegal and blatant wrongdoers were dealt with quickly, the situation for people doing the correct things would only improve.

You are being nasty, take your medication and have a sleep.

What would improve?

Not sure how these.heinous wrong doers effect anyone's life and why the Thais would change something if they left.

If you know anyone who is on overstay or engaged in criminal activity why not go to the relevant Thai law enforcement agency and report them? Or is it that you don't think the Thai authorities are up to the job? Or maybe it just suits your unfounded sense of self importance that you should have special consideration from the Thai government and have visa waivers created for you?

When the on liners suggested creating a visa to cater to their needs you were dead against that, yet know you feel that visa laws can be changed to suit your need seriously your hypocrisy knows no bounds. Why not put some time and energy into enjoying the country you live in, maybe go out into the big wide world and make some real friends you may possibly learn some social skills. Is it really the best use of your time is spending all day being belligerent on an internet forum?

• Like 1

Ahh.. How easy life would be if there were only good people and bad people..

Although i can't deny the OP having a point, i guess there are unlimited shades of grey between black and white.

There was a guy, few years ago, who said something like :

" Let who's without sin cast the first stone"

Personally, i'll stick to that.

• Like 1

Post removed

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

Would said bounty hunters get a yellow hummer to drive around in?

Only if they are ladyboys smile.png

Surely, they would prefer pink Bentleys?

Reserved for politicans, I believe --  unless there is an overlap ? ;)

Ahh.. How easy life would be if there were only good people and bad people..

Although i can't deny the OP having a point, i guess there are unlimited shades of grey between black and white.

There was a guy, few years ago, who said something like :

" Let who's without sin cast the first stone"

Personally, i'll stick to that.

Yes I saw that movie too.

Brian, also called Blian was a softie though.

The type that would bring a handfull of gravel to a stoning.

I'm only into it if the uniform is strictly along the lines of Dog the Bounty Hunter (tropical mode)

dog-bounty-hunter.jpg

It would match the Walter Mitty character trait required exceedingly well. They could have a special emblem on the medallion.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

I'm only into it if the uniform is strictly along the lines of Dog the Bounty Hunter (tropical mode)

dog-bounty-hunter.jpg

It would match the Walter Mitty character trait required exceedingly well. They could have a special emblem on the medallion.

The pants won't do, as they are not pink.

They would not combine well with the pink Bentley.

• Like 1