Papaya Trees Spacing

ray23

This seems to be the only thing the Thai family can't kill. I have one Rai of land I'm trying to determine how many trees I can put on it. We have already found a outlet for them.

I will put 100 fish in my pond this year and pretty much leave them on their own. No more mushrooms to labor intensive for me. 

How often do the need to be watered.

When is the best time to plant

Thanks

Now would be the best time to plant papaya,with the rains, have tryed in the dry season but to hot would agree with Jotham79 they do like well drained land.
This year is looking like last year,no rain as of yet to speak of ,if like last year it all come in 3 week spel,then we lost 90% of our papaya ,just to wet ,if you are on light land, unlike us, should be ok.
Round here popular veriety's are, Holland,and Kec-Dum.

We are getting ready to put in 2 x 1 rai plots.  One will be Kek Dum and the other will be Pan Kang (very long and slender used for Som Tum).  Holland is very popular, but I get more kg with the kek dum.  This is a good time of year, but really anytime other that the peak hot season will work and long as you irrigate.  Lots of Thais plant plants along rice paddy dikes or anywhere they can at the beginning of the rainy season and pick one time in the fall.  After that prices pick up again.  There is a very very small variety that only goes about 200-300 grams and I would love to get some seeds.  I think they are called Hawaii, but there are two types and I would like the really small ones.