Import Of Electrical Goods

Does anyone know where I can find current import tax rates/information for importing electrical goods?

I tried www.customs.go.th and couldn't find it.

thanks for any information.

Hi Tomissan

Don't know if this helps depends if your running a business or doing what i am which is to bring some of my posessions with me.

I am currently in the process of moving to thailand.

i found the following -

Requirements for Duty Free Allowance

Both Thai and non-Thai residents changing residence into Thailand are eligible to bring used/secondhand household effects into Thailand, in reasonable quantities, free of taxes and duties. It is also required that the imported used/ secondhand household effects have been owned, possessed, and used in the country where the importers resided before returning to Thailand to resume residence.

In case where the household effects are electrical appliances e.g. radios, televisions, refrigerators, microwaves, ovens, air conditioners, etc., only ONE unit each of such items is eligible for tax and duty free allowance. However, if it is the family change of residence, TWO units each of the items will be allowed to bring in tax and duty free. Any excess unit shall be subject to regular taxes and duties, and Customs will place the items that have the lowest rate of duty under tax and duty exemption.

It is important that the used/secondhand household effects must be imported not earlier than one month before or not later than six months after the arrival of the importers. Under exceptional circumstances, Customs may extend the time limits for the importers.

Hi Tomissan

Don't know if this helps depends if your running a business or doing what i am which is to bring

Thanks for the response Theo&Aon

The information you have is what I did find at customs.go.th but no information regarding import duty tax for business purposes or other than free import for residents, work permit holders, etc.

I think the import duty tax was lessened a while back but can't seem to find any info.

Does anyone know where I can find current import tax rates/information for importing electrical goods?

I tried www.customs.go.th and couldn't find it.

thanks for any information.

Contact a customs agent, send a description and pictures of the product (if you have a real sample, even better) and they will help in classifying it to the right category and sending you the custom rate for this category.

Different products will have different rates. For electrical products, I have seen between 10% and 30%.

If importing into Thailand for resale most products are subject to 30% tax + 7% Vat + 1% insurance so for example if you have an item costing 1000 Baht.

1000x30%=1300

1300x7% =91

1391x1% =1405

Thats what they told me at customs and thats the way they showed me how to calculate it,in that order.Hope this helps.

Cheers

I don't have answers to your questions; I do however have a question for you. I am looking to move to Thailand to live there for a while, could you point me in the right direction for getting a job?

I have a degree from an American University in International Business and Trade. I am open to anything that could earn me decent money...(except teaching english).

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Scott