Chalong underpass

chercheur888

There was an article in PG last week about the 3rd public hearing of the underpass.

I am surprised that no comments have been made so far. I know of course that it will change absolutely nothing when the underpass has been decided.

Any suggestions on back roads or is Kata/Karon the only solution to go to Kathu and Phuket Town?

From Rawai I think only option would be coastal road via Sai Yuan to Kata. From other side of the circle on Chao Fa East you can cut through to Chao Fa West and from there to Kata will also be a pain (either circle or shortcut), but to Kathu will be easier.

From Rawai I think only option would be coastal road via Sai Yuan to Kata. From other side of the circle on Chao Fa East you can cut through to Chao Fa West and from there to Kata will also be a pain (either circle or shortcut), but to Kathu will be easier.

Nothing will be easy, it will be a pain from all sides, if they stick to the underpass. As they advanced the reason of "Beautiful Landscape" at the Chalong circle for not doing a fly over, they should be encouraged to ask to be included in a world heritage siteneus.gif Couldn’t resist to be sarcastic.  Usually they are thinking of making a relief road only when a underpass is nearly finished, as happened at Central!

First thing they should do is make the school entrance on the other side, through the market place. Maybe there are also options to make a shortcut a bit further down that road to Patak Road, I'm not sure. But I don't see many other options in the area to minimise the mayhem.

To minimise the mayhem they should just build a propper roundabout, but then where to go with all the money left over.

Nah, it will cost them more as all the property owners that will have to vacate their land will insist that their dilapidated shophouse really is worth 50 million.

That cut through road by the market that goes over to Kata past the old stunt show will be a nightmare and the scene of a lot of accidents from people turning right to go back to Chalong.

They need to build a road that cuts through from Patak to Choafa somewhere near wat chalong.
Google maps show if you went straight on the sweeping bend before green man it joins up near PTT. Vacant land joins straight up to existing roads and would eleviate the traffic at the circle completely.

They need to build a road that cuts through from Patak to Choafa somewhere near wat chalong.
Google maps show if you went straight on the sweeping bend before green man it joins up near PTT. Vacant land joins straight up to existing roads and would eleviate the traffic at the circle completely.

That makes too much sense although there needs to be many more secondary roads built all over the island to alleviate the main ones. Same as building a small road from Chao Fa West, just before the circle, which cuts through where the small market is (land which incidentally was earmarked for a hospital & now possibly rented out illegally) & come out by the bank on East.

These are the bypass roads I think should be built to take the pressure away from the circle:

[attachment=279074:CHALONG BYPASS.jpg]

Going north there's a link to the Big Budda road and it goes via Yot Sane 1 to Chao Fah West and through to CF East.

The Southern Road goes to Sai Yuan with several feeder roads to Viset.

Obviously not surveyed and apologies to anyone whose house I've drawn a line through.rolleyes.gif

Will never happen I know!