I'd like to buy a dowel.....

riceyummm

But seriously folks, I can't find dowels at Global, Do home, smaller wood and hardware shops. I've found curtain rod size but I need about 1" diameter max.There's a thread about where to buy in BK but I need somewhere near Khon Kaen. Any ideas?

Thanks for all the replies.

I haven't tried HomePro and TW yet. Global and DH don't have them now, I searched even after being told "we don't have any" as that often means "I don't know".

I have found wooden curtain rods but they are too thick.

I bought some lumber at the local lumber yard yesterday and they had a bunch of 1' dowels, but I live in Nakhon Sawan Province.. I don't know what you  intend to use it for, but when I built my house I built walk-in closets and used 1' galvanized pipe for clothes hanger rods.

Over the years I have found that if I do a Google search for a photo of what I want and copy/paste it into MS word below the English word and a Thai translation then print it out it usually works.

A picture is worth 10,000 words in somebody elses language.

I thing I have found in places like Global House, Home Pro etc is that most of the staff only know about their own products and little about any others.