Pattaya Railway Station ( inc photos )

canarysun

I too love the trains and take the train between Bangkok and Pattaya whenever I can. I've often wondered about Ban Phlu Ta Luang at the end of the line. Is there anything there or nearby worth seeing or doing?

wow. 6 Baht. Unbelievable.

Yes only 6 baht ( 12 baht return - obviously....) These are real Thailand prices in the real world of " living in Thailand " 

I often take the afternoon train to Si Racha ( 30 minutes ) at 5 baht. ( lol ) 

• Like 1

I live not far from Pattaya station and pass it most days ,difficult to get to without transport and to be honest very rarely see a train smile.png

ps very little to see in sri racha ,except robinsons.mind you the grounds of assumption school are nice ,our son used to go there.

I live not far from Pattaya station and pass it most days ,difficult to get to without transport and to be honest very rarely see a train smile.png

ps very little to see in sri racha ,except robinsons.mind you the grounds of assumption school are nice ,our son used to go there.

That's the problem, you can't get to the station without transport, and if you have transport you don't need the train. TIT

The Trains ( or " Train " ) are very limited. There is one Train a day that departs Pattaya at around 14.30 and arrives in Bangkok's Hua Lampong at around 18.20 it's slow but i love it and you can hardly complain for a cost of just 31 baht ! 

Pattaya Railway Station is easy to get too! I love to walk everywhere and it takes about 30 minutes to walk from Big C in Pattaya Klang.

Si Racha i think has lots to see and do! but then i love to explore and take photos! 

F.J wub.png

• Like 1

I hope you don't mind me jumping in on your thread, CS, but I thought I'd offer a  little perspective. Yesterday I took a day return from a city in the North of England to London. Cost: £216. The return trip was not that quick, either. We were delayed 35 minutes when the train departed late waiting for the "train manager". Thankfully my employer was paying.

I hope you don't mind me jumping in on your thread, CS, but I thought I'd offer a  little perspective. Yesterday I took a day return from a city in the North of England to London. Cost: £216. The return trip was not that quick, either. We were delayed 35 minutes when the train departed late waiting for the "train manager". Thankfully my employer was paying.

Hello!

Yes i know there is a " slight difference " If you compare that  Bangkok to Chiang Mai on reasonably fast train but sitting in a 3rd class carriage the cost would be from as little as 231 baht  ( under 5 GBP ) journey time around 12 hours plus! 

Life in Thailand ( has i have mentioned so many times ) if you are " non materialistic " like myself and you walk everywhere,bicycle or catch the train it can cost almost nothing! It only gets expensive when " women,farang food,booze,pickups,motorbikes " all enter your world ( kindest respect to you all ladies...)

F.J wub.png  

Pattaya to BKK,not a bad ride  but 4 hours?  Connected up to the Chiang Mai chuff chuff  never ever again

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Hello!

Yes i know there is a " slight difference " If you compare that  Bangkok to Chiang Mai on reasonably fast train but sitting in a 3rd class carriage the cost would be from as little as 231 baht  ( under 5 GBP ) journey time around 12 hours plus! 

Life in Thailand ( has i have mentioned so many times ) if you are " non materialistic " like myself and you walk everywhere,bicycle or catch the train it can cost almost nothing! It only gets expensive when " women,farang food,booze,pickups,motorbikes " all enter your world ( kindest respect to you all ladies...)

F.J alt=wub.png>  

Pattaya to BKK,not a bad ride  but 4 hours?  Connected up to the Chiang Mai chuff chuff  never ever again

LOL of course nobody said it would be quick! But the actual reason and purpose for these 3rd class ordinary trains are to offer " The Thais " a way of getting home for free! ( The 3rd class ordinary trains it must be noted that you are not always guaranteed a seat either,they are very slow and get delayed because of the amount of stops.I think from memory that the Pattaya - Bangkok train has about 36 stops that's why it takes so long! but for 31 baht i like to go just for a trip out as the scenery is fab! I have never been in a rush to do anything but then that's probably why i am still single.......blink.png

• Like 2

Hello canarysun, I like the way you look at life and your experiences with the Pattaya train. Does that train go to the main train station in BKK? Hualompong I think it is called? If not not then how would you get there from where this train goes.

• Like 1

I too love the trains and take the train between Bangkok and Pattaya whenever I can. I've often wondered about Ban Phlu Ta Luang at the end of the line. Is there anything there or nearby worth seeing or doing?

To be very honest with you all ( perhaps you can admire my honesty ...) but there is " Absolutely Sweet F.A " at Ban Phlu Ta Luang !! LOL 

( kind respect where due ladies...) wub.png

Well, from there you could probably get transport to Sirikit hsp, assuming you're not already dead.

• Like 1

Hello canarysun, I like the way you look at life and your experiences with the Pattaya train. Does that train go to the main train station in BKK? Hualompong I think it is called? If not not then how would you get there from where this train goes.

yes

yes

From Hualompong station you can walk underground to the subway which connects to the BTS Skytrain.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Hello!

F.J alt=wub.png>  

LOL of course nobody said it would be quick! But the actual reason and purpose for these 3rd class ordinary trains are to offer " The Thais " a way of getting home for free! ( The 3rd class ordinary trains it must be noted that you are not always guaranteed a seat either,they are very slow and get delayed because of the amount of stops.I think from memory that the Pattaya - Bangkok train has about 36 stops that's why it takes so long! but for 31 baht i like to go just for a trip out as the scenery is fab! I have never been in a rush to do anything but then that's probably why i am still single.......blink.png

Slightly offtopic2.gif but I've travelled from BKK (Hua Lumphong) to Pichai a few times. I took the AC train - lovely journey, lots to see and really friendly people, AMAZED to see a Farang in their midst. Forget the fare but I do recall being fed twice on the journey. On one occasion I had to travel back in the basic class - that was a real experience in an open sided carriage but the upside was you saw more and at each station people got on selling food and drinks. I ended up having a virtual picnic on board with a lovely Thai family. So I think the Pattaya train deserves a try when I'm next there. smile.png

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1

The Trains ( or " Train " ) are very limited. There is one Train a day that departs Pattaya at around 14.30 and arrives in Bangkok's Hua Lampong at around 18.20 it's slow but i love it and you can hardly complain for a cost of just 31 baht ! 

Pattaya Railway Station is easy to get too! I love to walk everywhere and it takes about 30 minutes to walk from Big C in Pattaya Klang.

Si Racha i think has lots to see and do! but then i love to explore and take photos! 

F.J wub.png

Is it possible to get aircon for 1 more baht ?

Or no aircon in the train ?

• Like 1

The train line goes past U Tapao  doesn't it . I vaguely remember seeing a goods train around there some years ago but i was told that part was a private line for local industry only.  Imagine how useful a train to Ban Chang or even Rayong./Ban Phe. would be. . I know the train line goes past Nong Nooch but it would still be quite a walk from the train line to the gardens A tractor pulled carriages would fix that.  Enormous potential for tourism  . . 

• Like 1

The train line goes past U Tapao  doesn't it . I vaguely remember seeing a goods train around there some years ago but i was told that part was a private line for local industry only.  Imagine how useful a train to Ban Chang or even Rayong./Ban Phe. would be. . I know the train line goes past Nong Nooch but it would still be quite a walk from the train line to the gardens A tractor pulled carriages would fix that.  Enormous potential for tourism  . . 

Yes you are absolutely correct! The train track does actually continue and sweep round to Ban Chang but this part of the track is only used for " freight trains ".