Thai's and contraceptives?

Crazy chef 1

It is very simple answer OP, a lack of personal responsibility.

Are you equating low birth rates with personal responsibility? What do you think Thailand's birth rate should be?

No, was just answering OP's question. It is not the cultural, or religion, or education that Thais don't use contraceptive. It is about the personal responsibility. If they don't want to have children, than it is their responsibility to not have children.

But they do use contraceptives much more so than most Western Countries ergo Thailand has a very low birth rate.

Edited by thailiketoo

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is very simple answer OP, a lack of personal responsibility.

Are you equating low birth rates with personal responsibility? What do you think Thailand's birth rate should be?
No, was just answering OP's question. It is not the cultural, or religion, or education that Thais don't use contraceptive. It is about the personal responsibility. If they don't want to have children, than it is their responsibility to not have children.

But they do use contraceptives much more so than most Western Countries ergo Thailand has a very low birth rate.
Yes, the birth rate is low. OP's question was related to people complained about how expensive it is having children, but then why people continuing to have children if it is too expensive. Is there any reason people don't take precaution? None, accept it is their responsibility to go, get and use the birth control pills or condom. Edited by Somsrisonphimai
  • Like 1

Posts removed

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

I've decided that most normal Thai ladies would like a baby.

Can't think of another reason why they almost all don't bother with condoms.

PS

The more professional ladies some of you meet, may be different.

No, hang on, the couple of professional ladies I previously met didn't bother either.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 1

PS

No, hang on, the couple of professional ladies I previously met didn't bother either.

Iceland is 13 births per thousand and only 11 in Thailand. Ah those Icelandic girls. And they have the cutest shoes!

post-187908-0-01257300-1408362023_thumb.

It is complicated and very Thai and to do with losing face. If I love you I trust you we not use condom. If you or I want to use condom them one of us not trust the other. Big problem, Only prostitute (or butterfly) use condom. Pregnancy not considered. Not lose face very important. Wonky logic, I know , but you asked.

• Like 1

PS

Iceland is 13 births per thousand and only 11 in Thailand. Ah those Icelandic girls. And they have the cutest shoes!

obsessed?

PS

obsessed?

175 other countries have higher birth rates than Thailand but you are obsessed with proving against all reports that Thais have a lack of personal responsibility. Don't you think that if you were even close to being correct that Thais would have a higher birth rate than the US or New Zealand, the UK or Australia? https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2054rank.html

Depo-provera shot. 100b and is good for 3 months. Nothing expensive about that.

Can you tell me how many years you can be on

contraceptive injection, she has it ever 3 months, so I would say it is Depo-Provera,

i've looked everywhere but cant find a answer

THX

I already posted on this and kept thinking about it. The low birthrate thing got me thinking. It is a complicated set of local circumstances which I think work like this. I think the young girls and boys do not want to use condoms or contraception (for complicated face saving reasons) & many girls from lower middle & lower socio-economic classes get caught out. They have a baby very young at 14-19, & leave it to her or his mum to bring up. Mum says don't do that again and they already know how hard it was. Then they stay single, for sometimes decades!!!!! There is (IMHO) millions of single women out there in Thailand with one illegitimate??? baby conceived while very young. So, one child conceived very young & then contraception for decades contributes to a low birth rate. Too many (but not all) Thai men want virgins & are also selfish & responsibility averse. The last thing they want is to do (or be seen to do) is bring up someone else's child. So, many of these girls eventually have no choice except to become a mia noi with a boyfriend who doesn't want more kids, or (best bet) find a Farang who will accept a women with a child, as we readily find. Probably the Thai middle class & better off, have the average 2.3 children & together with the one child ex-young mums, they give Thailand a low birth rate. Compare this with a Western society where benefits are available to unmarried mums. Many western girls in the same mid to lower socio-economic scale have, more than one baby out of wedlock because there is no penalty for doing it, and some small percentage actually make a lifestyle out of it. Add them into the couples who marry normally & have a 2.3 kids or more because of available child welfare benefits, and you get a higher birth rate than Thailand. All the examples given above I have seen many times, even among my own extended Thai family here. So Thai's & contraception? IMO, young girls don't. Older girls emphatically DO!!!

Edited by The Deerhunter