POLL: How Strong is Your Faith in Thailand?

HeijoshinCool

How Strong Is Your Faith?  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Used to be that one at the Central Bangna that was on the top floor, went outside the building (long way down if it fell!) and looped through the aquazooms (from the roof top pool). There were two and slow one and a faster one - no really rollercoaster, more individual monorail carriages (red one was quire fast though). The red one went first - then even the green (slow) one was decommissioned. Shame as I enjoyed them - never thought about the Thai build quality to be honest though, just took the chance that it was unlikely to be me to find the fault over someone else.

I could bombard you with engineering catastrophes all over the world with absolutely no relation to Thailand, I guess it would not change your blinkered view that if it is Thai it must be substandard, I am not going to argue with you, I am merely pointing out that just because it is Thai engineered and produced it does not mean that it is automatically sub standard as you seem to automatically assume. .

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think the build quality is less of an issue as than the maintenance - there is often little in the way of regular official checking and testing once something is installed/built. Corruption also has always been a problem in Asia (and Thailand specifically). One only has to look at building around the country - built on illegal land, without permits, corners cut as to construction, poor maintenance - and we get condos collapsing like in the news this week. Sure it is not purely a Thai issue - Chinese flats seems to collapse frequently! It is still a cause for worry with structures such as rollercoasters which take a real beating day in and day out and need real maintenance.

Electricity is also an issue here - electricians seem to know very little about their trade. Few seem to know anything about grounding - even where money is not an issue (such as earthing ATM machines!). My 2 year old house has 3 pin plug points - yet none are actually wired with an earth! This seems standard - with people getting shocked in showers, pools and bars/cafes (when it rains) all the time.   

Used to be that one at the Central Bangna that was on the top floor, went outside the building (long way down if it fell!) and looped through the aquazooms (from the roof top pool). There were two and slow one and a faster one - no really rollercoaster, more individual monorail carriages (red one was quire fast though). The red one went first - then even the green (slow) one was decommissioned. Shame as I enjoyed them - never thought about the Thai build quality to be honest though, just took the chance that it was unlikely to be me to find the fault over someone else.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you are talking about Central City Bangna, then I think the rides were shut down at one stage. Might have been because of an accident, or for an engineering problem. I'm stretching my memory here - if anyone else can recall .... ???

Then there was Imperial World Samrong - it had a swimming pool/park on the roof and an ice-skating rink. Rumours flew around the area that the building was structurally unsound and not capable of withstanding such weight. The fact that the building is still standing today, although in a dilapidated condition because of incompetent management, proves the lie. Still, it worried a lot of people, including myself.

Oops - caffeine deprivation - you are talking about Central City Bangna. Sorry. Edited by WitawatWatawit

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/two-dozen-rescued-maryland-roller-coaster-malfunctions-003407951--finance.html#BZ9hdZE

Long time since I was brave enough to go on one, did the upside down trip once upon a time.

Don't like flying either!

Driving here is thrill enough!

Or if really brave could take a taxi from Sukhumvit and argue about his driving habits!

no way josé,

if the roller coster break down, and you have 10 peoples get killed,

the Bib will come with this creative excuse, that 10 foreigner did commit suicide at the same time, same place.... they will!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you are talking about Central City Bangna, then I think the rides were shut down at one stage. Might have been because of an accident, or for an engineering problem. I'm stretching my memory here - if anyone else can recall .... ???

Then there was Imperial World Samrong - it had a swimming pool/park on the roof and an ice-skating rink. Rumours flew around the area that the building was structurally unsound and not capable of withstanding such weight. The fact that the building is still standing today, although in a dilapidated condition because of incompetent management, proves the lie. Still, it worried a lot of people, including myself.

Oops - caffeine deprivation - you are talking about Central City Bangna. Sorry.

Yes Central City Bangna - I think going back as far as about 15 years ago maybe.