Cleared 11 year overstay

It's people like him that caused the crackdown.

How do you feel about that?

If you're legit, you should have nothing to worry.

Or you preferred leniency to continue ?

Decide, it can't be both.

thats got nothing to do with it. individual immigration officials, that may be angry or nervous that they might make a mistake, can and do overexert their authority and can make things very difficult for those who are legit.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speculation. The military is arresting Thais left right and centre and cracking down on pretty much everything from unmetered taxis to reading Orwell in public. They publicly stated they want Thailand to become 'more Thai' and blamed civil unrest on the 'influence of Western movies'. I could speculate that they'd have added blacklisting laws even if not a single foreigner had ever overstayed.

Edit: made my post more objective as it's prohibited to criticize the junta.

The military are arresting Thais for overstaying their visas?

Wow - amazing. smile.png

• Like 1

Speculation. The military is arresting Thais left right and centre and cracking down on pretty much everything from unmetered taxis to reading Orwell in public. They publicly stated they want Thailand to become 'more Thai' and blamed civil unrest on the 'influence of Western movies'. I could speculate that they'd have added blacklisting laws even if not a single foreigner had ever overstayed.

Wow - amazing. smile.png

jspill writes "Thais left right and center", Pattszero reads "Thais for overstay".

Amazing really !

thats got nothing to do with it. individual immigration officials, that may be angry or nervous that they might make a mistake, can and do overexert their authority and can make things very difficult for those who are legit.

so put the blame on these xenophobic overzealous immigration officer,

and give the OP some holidays he is not responsible for your own misery.

farang that treat thai law with contempt are often a cause of their anger and overzealousness

• Like 1

hey... how many illegals in our home countries ?

in mine they get housing and welfare (800 euros per person)

my mother who worked whole her life, part-time to take care of the kids as a single mother, she got less pension than that and no free housing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

illegals, over the age of 65 have to pseudo work 1 day and get full pension rights ....

at least these overstayers in thailand, same as people who pay takes, have no rights overhere, nor pension, nor social welfare

what a b+llsh+t how can get a illegals get welfare and housin? if illegal they get nothing because under the radar,

you come to thailand why? girls, good food, weather, why?

you think people who run away before they get killed or rapped not have the right to do and to get support?

but peopel who like the clima and the culture can come and stay?

farang that treat thai law with contempt are often a cause of their anger and overzealousness

so why they should pass it, their anger, on you??

If you are clean, polite with a proper visa. So why the officer, would treat you in a bad way?

Come on, dont tell me, that these thai officer are completely dumb?

ps: so far, all these people who did overstayed, no one did report bad treatment from thai officer.... its all in your mind!

Edited by Bender

thailand earn lots of money on people who overstay a long time, first it 20.000bath fine +++ all the money you put down there .. what they lose that persons overstay really?
but my opinion, follow the law smile.png

propably mostly of them work without WP,

and dont pay tax ,

have you family , thai kids ?

most all infrasstructure is paid by tax,

they use them, but dont pai for it,

so in other way pronounced,

they live a parasite life !

thats ok for u ?

you pay to build it, hi piss in,

and you pay the cleaner to clean it up;

omg,

you should go to your home country and stay there, but I guess nobody wants you there!

if you are on overstay or retirement Visa or on ED Visa you pay the same tax in thailand,

VAT and may be for car and motorbike,

same like most thai never pai any tax more than this listed above,

how people can judge anybody who get a fine from Immigration for his offense and it is ok,

i not payed tea money to solve his problem, its thai law 20000 baht fine.

how people can write and wish that peopelafter cleared overstay should be banned to enter,

may be there are kids and wife, after 11 years his all life is in thailand.

An overstay is nothing only not left the country, this make you so angry?

so when you drive without helmet or wrong parking you should loose your driving licence for some year?

I guess you expect to get fines som e hundret baht and keep going on

Wow - amazing. smile.png

jspill writes "Thais left right and center", Pattszero reads "Thais for overstay".

Amazing really !

Some of you guys are so thick it's unbelievable.

I guess 11 years ago the situation was very different visa situation. Overstay was unofficially tolerated by Immigration as long as you have money. And after 1 year it gets two years and then 3 years and you never know if you are doing something highly illegal. And then after 11 years and you heard of other expats that Immigration will not tolerate this anymore and start with enforcing passport carrying requirements and jail terms and long blacklists for overstay.

I personally have never overstayed for more then a few days because of unfinished business but actually I understand people somehow if they overstay for a decade because it was totally different 11 years ago. You had no internet where you can easy check all visa requirements and options. You just came, had money and realized that no one ever asked you for your passport. Even if you get into a police checkpoint they won't ask you, only ask for money if something is not correct.

It enrages some, although, glad to see the majority of people on tv have relaxed their views on people admitting they've overstayed their welcome. I assume, this reasoning was for the first overstayer to publicly address his situation a couple of days ago and got quite a lot of support before the extremists noxious brigade hijacked the thread knowing they were on a useless path to humiliation from people who showed some compassion which on here is a FIRST.

You cannot condemn your fellow expats just because they got into a scrape since there are so many connotations as to why these prolonged stays came about and people in glasshouses should not throw stones. I truly like the way this guy urbanjoe conducts himself given that I could NEVER in a million years keep my cool with the reprobates one comes into contact in these forums.

Thank you everyone,for showing me that there really is nice foreigners/farangs living here in Thailand and will not let everyone shyite on them from a great height when the going gets TOUGH !!!!!

Edited by ScotBkk

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

How did you have a life without having banking?

They require an inspection of a passport for setting up accounts, changing telephone numbers, closing accounts and most everything else?

How did you travel without being able to check into a hotel?

Once a bank account is setup and an ATM card issued, there is no check/need for a passport. I believe one of my ATM cards has a validity period of 10 years (Bkk bank).

Changing telephone numbers? Any 7-11 will sell you a pay as you go SIM.

Respect to the OP for sorting himself out after such long time.

Don't know why that long overstay, but seen a few over the years. Basically two categories; one not earning enough to get the right visa, and two simply too old to travel or even care.

In the US, it is common, yes--common, for people from Asia to arrive as tourists or students and when their visa expires for them simply to disappear into the economy. In many states, including California, these now illegal aliens can get driver's licenses, bank accounts, even HOME LOANS, all public utilities, and even a taxpayer ID number so that they can receive the Earned Income Tax Credit, which is not a credit but an outright grant of money the US government gives to people who don't make over a minimum amount. And, yes, there is free emergency room treatment, primary and secondary education, and, even, in some states, in-state university tuition breaks. Not to mention that big giant prize dangling out at the end of this golden road called Amnesty, which will likely get 20-30 million illegals residence or citizenship rights.

You've forgot the classic: "then they pop a child or two, and hey presto!".

Of course, not even on half of what you wrote is true, except to Fox news.

You've clearly never heard about the UK's problems with 'immigrants' either. Or perhaps that's just the BBC putting a spin on it huh.png

Edited by jpeg

So many of u get angry at OP and says respect the law. I ask why if immigration officers do not respect thier own laws and extort and take dough to back pocket every day?

In US appears cops dont respect constitution anymore, its on record cop saying they dont obey it b cuz Obama dont....

Fish rotten from head.

So dont get too frustrated with the corrupt system in first place...

And yeh i got visa...

Just cant stand foregin law enforcement here...

Edited by mataleo

omg,

you should go to your home country and stay there, but I guess nobody wants you there!

if you are on overstay or retirement Visa or on ED Visa you pay the same tax in thailand,

how people can judge anybody who get a fine from Immigration for his offense and it is ok,

how people can write and wish that peopelafter cleared overstay should be banned to enter,

so when you drive without helmet or wrong parking you should loose your driving licence for some year?

Oh it gets better than that. There was a thread on here from a poster asking how he could get a passport to a friend who was currently being detained at a local prison pending trial. The bail was set at 300,000 baht, so we can safely assume it was for something much worse than 'overstay'. Posters on this forum to a man were jumping in with all kinds of advice, even after not having been given any information as to what the offence was other than that 'it wasn't drugs'. So could have been anything from fraud to theft to kiddy fiddling.

I can smell the hypocrisy from here.

• Like 1

B1818/yr for avoiding the rules is cheaper than my B1900/yr retirement extension for obeying the rules; however, I will not be the one to throw you under the bus.

In my pre-Vietnam days I worked in the Pentagon. I was always late and the parking assigned to me was a mile away from the nearest entrance. So, I used to park at the River Entrance where several other corvettes parked. I got tickets, sometimes, during my two years of illegal parking, but I tossed them. One day, Pentagon Security Police came to my office and gave me a summons to appear in Pentagon Court. I was fined $100 for illegal parking. At 22 days a month for 24 months, that was $0.19/day (nineteen cents a day), less than a proper slap on the wrist for having executive parking by showing blatant disregard for the rules and for those who were legitimately entitled.

We tend to complain when rules are strictly enforced and smirk when we can easily or cheaply avoid them. I guess too may of us want rules to apply to everyone but us.

haha - at least you didn't have to see hundreds of people writing that you were the worst human being in the world, and hoping you have a terrible life smile.png

Yeah, not yet, anyway.

so why they should pass it, their anger, on you??

If you are clean, polite with a proper visa. So why the officer, would treat you in a bad way?

Come on, dont tell me, that these thai officer are completely dumb?

ps: so far, all these people who did overstayed, no one did report bad treatment from thai officer.... its all in your mind!

well ive experienced it and next time ill ask them

So many of u get angry at OP and says respect the law. I ask why if immigration officers do not respect thier own laws and extort and take dough to back pocket every day?

In US appears cops dont respect constitution anymore, its on record cop saying they dont obey it b cuz Obama dont....

Fish rotten from head.

So dont get too frustrated with the corrupt system in first place...

And yeh i got visa...

Just cant stand foregin law enforcement here...

how much dont you like it?

omg,

Oh it gets better than that. There was a thread on here from a poster asking how he could get a passport to a friend who was currently being detained at a local prison pending trial. The bail was set at 300,000 baht, so we can safely assume it was for something much worse than 'overstay'. Posters on this forum to a man were jumping in with all kinds of advice, even after not having been given any information as to what the offence was other than that 'it wasn't drugs'. So could have been anything from fraud to theft to kiddy fiddling.

It could be something as normal as having had an accident causing either damage or injury. Bail for that will be around that amount.

Hi, can you give more or full details?

Like when people do a visa report.

how did you get your passport?

where did you fly out?

how did you get a new visa?

you are anonymous and probably will never back to post again, but giving more details would help a lot to other people to clean their situation.

I have a friend from England that is an anti tech guy, and I am trying to give him advice to do something now.

I sent for new passport and the stamps were transferred at Suvarnabhumi. It was not a concern of the passport issuing authority.

Just wondering,as you mentioned you left Thail,then back here after 7 days,where did you have to fly to? also what Visa do you have now? how were you greeted on returning into Suvanabhumi?

A couple of years ago I came to Thailand on a 30 day tourist visa then went to Cambodia and returned a couple of days later and never looked at the visa to return to Thailand only to get to the airport to go home from suvanabhumi 29 days after I arrived in Thailand and got hauled off by the IO and told I had overstayed because the visa from Cambodia was for 15 days and it had been 16 since I came back into Thailand.

1 day overstay because of a stupid visa stuff up and it cost 1000 bt.

you get 20000 bt for intentionally overstaying 3916 days at approximately 5 bt per day where is the justice??? 555

omg,

It could be something as normal as having had an accident causing either damage or injury. Bail for that will be around that amount.

It 'could' be something as 'normal' as having had an accident ... But neither you nor any other poster aiding and abetting what was clearly an attempt to abscond back to their home country actually knew that. Did you.

And I would take issue with your implication that attempting to avoid prosecution for damage/injury to another is 'normal'.