Just back from southern border on train with multiple O visa.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was supposed to be tough in Malaysia, non 0 based on what?

It's just a non O. It doesn't say what for on the visa.

I too thought it was tough on the southern border, which was why I was stressing.

When you apply for it you have to apply based on something. Like retired over 50 or a Thai wife. So what was your reason ???

OP, please would you enlighten us on what your visa is based on?

As I said in the OP it's a non O. The reason for issue is irrelevant to this thread.

C'on all you smarty pants ,,,It is just a 90 day border run no sweat,,,,every one can and will do that until you get an extension after your 12 month Visa is expires.

Why would a person wait until their visa expires to apply for the extension?

It can be applied for during the last 30 days of any of the 90 day entries the visa allows.

Because the money has not been in the bank to get an extension.

Question for the OP: Which border crossing did you use?

Op did specify train. As there is only rail one crossing on the southern border, a little online searching would have revealed it is probably Padang Besar. The problems were at the road crossing at Sadao with visa-van runs weren't they?

"As there is only rail one crossing on the southern border,"
There are two ways to reach the border by rail along the Thai-Malaysian border that I am aware of. Padang Besar (Songkhla, TH) - Padang Besar and Sungai Golok - Rantau Panjang. I've done both several times.
A third option is to take a rapid train to Hat Yai, walk from the station to the minivan stand and ride to Danok. This is my prefered method and have done it several times.
I would be interested to know how the OP made his crossing and not at all concerned about crossing with a non-imm visa. It has been clarified by many posters here that there is no problem with doing that.

Padang Besar.

<It has been clarified by many posters here that there is no problem with doing that.>

NOT SO. I asked if anyone had done a non O visa run on the train since the crackdown started and had ZERO replies

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1

C'on all you smarty pants ,,,It is just a 90 day border run no sweat,,,,every one can and will do that until you get an extension after your 12 month Visa is expires.

Why would a person wait until their visa expires to apply for the extension?

It can be applied for during the last 30 days of any of the 90 day entries the visa allows.

Because the money has not been in the bank to get an extension.

That is good reason to wait.

But the post I was replying implied that a person needed to wait until the visa expired to apply which is not correct,

• Like 1

When you apply for it you have to apply based on something. Like retired over 50 or a Thai wife. So what was your reason ???
Why? It's none of your business.

Many people belived he went to Malaysia and got a new visa. That's why we asked. When he he only did his normal 90 days border run with a multiple non O visa, it was obvious that the immigration wouldn't stop him. That's why the thread is strange.

Only people that never read my Op would think that. Since when does getting a VISA entail <Given the stamp, no questions, no demands for documentation, or proof of funds etc etc.> For starters, when was a VISA a STAMP w00t.gif ?

<it was obvious that the immigration wouldn't stop him.>

No it wasn't. There were reports of people with valid Tourist Visas being told to go to the airport and fly in. As it was at the time the new rules were to be implemented, who knew what would happen?

Post deleted to allow posting.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

How one does a border hop by train? Gets down at the border stop then wait for next train going back ?

Tickets bought where? All the details that make a difference.

I agree that the OP is quite assuming in his writing.

How one does a border hop by train? Gets down at the border stop then wait for next train going back ?

That's what happens. About a 10 hour wait for the international train back if I remember correctly. You can shorten the wait time by taking a bus back to Hat Yai and getting an earlier train. Thai railway stations have this thing called a ticket office where you can buy tickets for travel up to 90 days in advance. It's all in the guide books/ online travel guides

penang train going meets with KL train coming, so an hour turn around and back to hatyai by train. have done this cross a couple of times.

if you miss there is as mentioned buses that go past outside the thai checkpoint at padang. about hourly. also songtaews to sadao and minibuses too.

Hi folks lets cool it here no need for acrimony.

We are (mostly) here to swap info., on the basis of which the world may be a better place blah...

Given the complexity of the visa situation, and the manifold border crossings Thai/Malay (if can think of 7)...

Surely best to just post as much info as possible,

and others to ask questions concerning finer details.

May your glass always be at least half-full, AA

Well said. Most people post replies that are informative, patient and helpful.

The acrimonious posters are in a minority, but they seem to make the most "noise".

One Day at a Time.

• Like 1

You were stressing over nothing. Just a lot of misinformation and misunderstanding..

Wonder where all that started whistling.gif

It most likely started eons ago when one life form "thought" it knew more than the other life forms. LOL.

Why? It's none of your business.

Many people belived he went to Malaysia and got a new visa. That's why we asked. When he he only did his normal 90 days border run with a multiple non O visa, it was obvious that the immigration wouldn't stop him. That's why the thread is strange.

Only people that never read my Op would think that. Since when does getting a VISA entail For starters, when was a VISA a STAMP w00t.gif ?

No it wasn't. There were reports of people with valid Tourist Visas being told to go to the airport and fly in. As it was at the time the new rules were to be implemented, who knew what would happen?

Post deleted to allow posting.

You didn't have a tourist visa. And can't compare it with that. Everyone with a 12 months non O multiple visa can always leave Thailand and come back. And everyone do it also. That's why it is obvious that a border run would be ok. No one with that visa get stopped when doing there 90 days trips to the border

Edited by ubonjoe
fixed broken quotes (space needed between quote code blocks and text).and removed first quote because it took it over the 4 quote limit
  • Like 1

OP, What you said was your non 0 -didn't say anything on it-. A comment like that raises eyebrows. Besides, why would anyone care about the reason they get a non 0? Especially as we are all anonymous . 'Did I read your original post' - yes. did you read the comments of members that can't understand your original post? (a non 0 based on nothing),indeed.

TV members! Breaking News! Forget the crackdown! Over-stayers need no longer worry! Never mind easy old Savannakhet for your non 0! We can now go to Malaysia and get a non 0 based on nothing! cheesy.gif

He didn't say he got the non-o in Malaysia. I think he already had one and was worried about being able to to enter the country. Which of course was not a problem.

Was it ever mentioned anywhere that the correct visas holders (non imm O) would face any problems on their border run? Was not everything about back to back (in-out) stamps for holders of tourist visas? (5.555 + 21.??? = no knowledge)

Single means 1 entry only, thus 90 days in Thailand maximum. But can extend with another 60 days. No need to show income or money in the bank.

For a multiple being on the birth certificate is not enough, you must have the child legitimized and be the legal father.

See: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/381917-how-to-gain-parental-rights-as-a-father/

• Like 1

OP, What you said was your non 0 -didn't say anything on it-. A comment like that raises eyebrows. Besides, why would anyone care about the reason they get a non 0? Especially as we are all anonymous . 'Did I read your original post' - yes. did you read the comments of members that can't understand your original post? (a non 0 based on nothing),indeed.

Have you ever had a non O? If you look at it, it just says non O, without a reason. I don't know why you are so fixated on irrelevant details of my personal life which make no difference to the thread.

<Besides, why would anyone care about the reason they get a non 0>

Exactly. Why would anyone care WHY I got a non O?

TV members! Breaking News! Forget the crackdown! Over-stayers need no longer worry! Never mind easy old Savannakhet for your non 0! We can now go to Malaysia and get a non 0 based on nothing! cheesy.gif

He didn't say he got the non-o in Malaysia. I think he already had one and was worried about being able to to enter the country. Which of course was not a problem.

Was it ever mentioned anywhere that the correct visas holders (non imm O) would face any problems on their border run? Was not everything about back to back (in-out) stamps for holders of tourist visas? (5.555 + 21.??? = no knowledge)

In case you haddn't noticed, everything is changing. If the IO hadn't got lucky the night before, he might have decided to take it out on me, which he could do, using the changes as an excuse.

Have you ever had a non O? If you look at it, it just says non O, without a reason. I don't know why you are so fixated on irrelevant details of my personal life which make no difference to the thread.

<Besides, why would anyone care about the reason they get a non 0>

Exactly. Why would anyone care WHY I got a non O?

I'm on a non 0, mine states the type of non 0 it is, hence my reason to be curious as to why yours dose not. You can be sure it's nothing to do with any fixation of your personal life. You have a Thai visa. This site is called Thai Visa, I was asking about your Thai visa.

The OP states he has a Multi 0 visa and went across the border and came back and got stamped back in without a problem.

Why all the questions ???????

TV is about visa questions, is it not? Is that not the whole point of TV? to ask questions and respond and share knowledge ?

A visa normally only tells the category like non-O, but not the reason like "retirement".

Once one gets an extension of stay immigration normally states the reason in the form of 2.XX to indicate the type.

Thank you for pointing that out. Obviously some did not believe me when I said just that.

The OP states he has a Multi 0 visa and went across the border and came back and got stamped back in without a problem.

Why all the questions ???????

TV is about visa questions, is it not? Is that not the whole point of TV? to ask questions and respond and share knowledge ?

It's also about "topics".

If anyone wants to learn something that isn't in the thread topic, they are welcome to start their own thread to find out about that information.

On this thread, the reason I have a non O visa is off topic.

Asking a different question on a thread is known as hijacking.