Drivers licence for a motorbike for a tourist

Crypt36

Ur in Thailand OK . U can go to bank Bangkok in Bkk in siam they not accept u open account bank on exempt visa . U go in bank bangkok in Bkk on nut they accept open account for u on exempt visa . So l told him abt office in Pattaya did for me . He said only tourist visa .

Edited by gringo99

Ur in Thailand OK . U can go to bank Bangkok in Bkk in siam they not accept u open account bank on exempt visa . U go in bank bangkok in Bkk on nut they accept open account for u on exempt visa . So l told him abt office in Pattaya l didn't talk abt laem chabang .

Gringo..

My point is only that a Visa Exempt is acceptable. But you can not get a 5yr renewal with it. You are required to do yearly renewals until you have a long term visa.

• Like 1

Correct me if wrong, but common sense would tell me that any country any where in the world would require a driving licence to drive a specific type of vehicle, being a bike,car small truck,heavy truck,aircraft,whatever, and failure to produce a licence will end up with you being at least fined. If you were involved in an accident causing property damage, injury or death, I would assume the concequences would be far more seveer up to and including imprissonment.

When i was living in Australia i would demand that our government and police enforce the law on any person driving on our roads, simple.

International Permit

This is only a Permit for whatever license you have at you home country and not a license itself. I have had these in the past and it would be worth to note that even those there is a long list of countries who accept these, a number of those countries don't actually accept the Permit. From my own experiences I can assure this is correct. Also, recently I did hear a rumour (yes.. It was only by word of mouth) that Thailand no longer accepts these Permits.

Normal License

Many countries will accept just your license from you home country with the International Permit for the first 3 mths from your time of arrival.. I was pretty sure Thailand used to be one of these but also does not allow/accept this method anymore.

1. Thailand does accept IDP's.

2. Normal license is all that is required (if valid, with photo and in English) for the 3 months you mention.

• Like 1

International Permit

This is only a Permit for whatever license you have at you home country and not a license itself. I have had these in the past and it would be worth to note that even those there is a long list of countries who accept these, a number of those countries don't actually accept the Permit. From my own experiences I can assure this is correct. Also, recently I did hear a rumour (yes.. It was only by word of mouth) that Thailand no longer accepts these Permits.

Normal License

Many countries will accept just your license from you home country with the International Permit for the first 3 mths from your time of arrival.. I was pretty sure Thailand used to be one of these but also does not allow/accept this method anymore.

1. Thailand does accept IDP's.

2. Normal license is all that is required (if valid, with photo and in English) for the 3 months you mention.

Ok.. So the OP will need to just add a Motorcycle class to his license.

To the OP, if you want to do it.. Any visa agent may offer the service to assist. The agent i used in particular is along some road in Banglamung.. Heading along Suk Rd towards Rayong turn left just before theprasit Rd.. Left Pattaya long ago and can not remember the specific name of that road.

The international packet is A a permit not A license.If you don't have A motorcycle indorsement on your drivers license you can 't

Get it on the international permit.So Supposely you can't operate A motorcycle .You need to get A thai motorcycle license.

Supposely some places you can get it without A valid visa.My understanding is some places you cannot.

If you don't have a lot of experience on A motorcycle there's A good chance you'll get hurt

And if you don't have a licence and you hurt someone else, your insurance will be invalid and you could well end up in jail/deported.

I rented myself a motorbike, it goes about 90km/hour, a Honda Airblade.

I was told I needed a drivers license for it?!

This is a rhetorical question, right? And why the added info about the model and speed? Motorbikes with different names/brands/top speeds still all require a rider with a valid licence.

Many countries allow you to drive small scooters on a car licence or without a licence so I believe this information is valid.

Ur in Thailand OK . U can go to bank Bangkok in Bkk in siam they not accept u open account bank on exempt visa . U go in bank bangkok in Bkk on nut they accept open account for u on exempt visa . So l told him abt office in Pattaya did for me . He said only tourist visa .

Sorry pal but before you post anymore mis-leading do-do, just except the fact you are just another one that has been conned.

Ok I'm reading all of this but so far it hasn't made much sense to me. Any visa agent I walked into said I couldn't get one or didn't knew anything.

Also since I don't have an international drivers license it seems I have to do a test in thai which I can't read. I strongely doubt I can take someone along to translate my test...

Will try to get my proof of residency from immigration first, that's a start, then what?

If u have international motobike licence ur allow to use in Thailand

On tourists visa u can have Thai licence l did it last year in Pattaya . There is office for learn driving near tukcom in Pattaya . Very small office when u stand up front coffee shop S&P in tukcom u walk at ur left abt 100 metre .

I paid abt 3500 b he clear for me everything take me to office exams near big p farmer or something like that . If u have already international licence they will only change to Thai licence if u not u have to pass exame as l did for bike .licence valid 1 year

Exactly where would this agency be? Sounds like it should be in between TukCom and Friendship supermarket? I was there today and pretty sure there is no such thing... On the same side as TukCom or opposite? Perhaps in one of the sois?

I need to find an agency here in Pattaya to help me out but like I said all those visa agencies so far knew nothing.

Crypt,

Im home again after a few days away and done a search over google maps.

The place/agent that I first used is on Soi Khao Talo. From central Pattaya, heading along Sukhumvit Rd as though you were driving towards Jomtien. Just after Pattaya South Rd will be a left turn onto Soi Khao Talo, turn onto the Soi and continue about 3-5mins (its that long as traffic is usually a bit slow). Eventually on the right you will see a few small restaurants on your right and a place called Khao Talo Visa Service. If you pay them a visit and tell them what you need they will be able to help you out.. They will even put your picture on the wall once you have your license if you are into that kind of thing!?

www.visakhaotalo.com

Ph: +66 8 1639 2659

2nd Ph: +66 8 9936 3717

The license service is not listed on their web site but they do offer it in person. I provided the website address more so for contact details and they also have a map on there to help you with directions.

Best of luck!

I need to find an agency here in Pattaya to help me out but like I said all those visa agencies so far knew nothing.

Crypt,

Im home again after a few days away and done a search over google maps.

The place/agent that I first used is on Soi Khao Talo. From central Pattaya, heading along Sukhumvit Rd as though you were driving towards Jomtien. Just after Pattaya South Rd will be a left turn onto Soi Khao Talo, turn onto the Soi and continue about 3-5mins (its that long as traffic is usually a bit slow). Eventually on the right you will see a few small restaurants on your right and a place called Khao Talo Visa Service. If you pay them a visit and tell them what you need they will be able to help you out.. They will even put your picture on the wall once you have your license if you are into that kind of thing!?

www.visakhaotalo.com

Ph: +66 8 1639 2659

2nd Ph: +66 8 9936 3717

The license service is not listed on their web site but they do offer it in person. I provided the website address more so for contact details and they also have a map on there to help you with directions.

Best of luck!

It's across the road from Theppasit Rd actually!

Hope it'll work out, thanx!

Khaotalo_Visa_Map.gif

On tourists visa u can have Thai licence l did it last year in Pattaya . There is office for learn driving near tukcom in Pattaya . Very small office when u stand up front coffee shop S&P in tukcom u walk at ur left abt 100 metre .

I paid abt 3500 b he clear for me everything take me to office exams near big p farmer or something like that . If u have already international licence they will only change to Thai licence if u not u have to pass exame as l did for bike .licence valid 1 year

Exactly where would this agency be? Sounds like it should be in between TukCom and Friendship supermarket? I was there today and pretty sure there is no such thing... On the same side as TukCom or opposite? Perhaps in one of the sois?

He might mean this one? Come out of Tukcom and turn RIGHT and walk for a bit, its on the same side. If you get to Tony's gym you've passed it.

http://goo.gl/maps/FScQU

-----------------------------------------------------

An IDP is NOT required for Thailand if your home country licence is in English.

An IDP is a translation of a licence into English. Why would you translate English to English? BIB fining for unable to produce are wrong.

• Like 1

He might mean this one? Come out of Tukcom and turn RIGHT and walk for a bit, its on the same side. If you get to Tony's gym you've passed it.

http://goo.gl/maps/FScQU

-----------------------------------------------------

An IDP is NOT required for Thailand if your home country licence is in English.

An IDP is a translation of a licence into English. Why would you translate English to English? BIB fining for unable to produce are wrong.

Wrong yeah your right but the police in Pattaya want a IDP or IDL to confirm the English you have on your licence is English, otherwise they don't get the occasional rise in wages.