Why so many Arabs on Sukhumvit?

thaibeachlovers

On 8/16/2014 at 12:05 PM, lust said:

why do arabs live in bkk? it seems strange to be islamic and live in Sodom.

Have you ever been to an arabic/muslim country? 

I never been to Saudi, but quite a few others, and you would be surprised how much Haram you would find there. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I never been to Saudi, but quite a few others, and you would be surprised how much Haram you would find there. 

You're replying to a poster that hasn't visited this website in almost two years ????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Totally agree!  As many non devout Muslims will tell you; "The Koran only says that I cannot pray under the influence of alcohol, it does not ban it. So I don't pray after drinking"!

Especially during Ramadan!

PS;  Don't get the same Muslums on the subject of sex during Ramadan.  The Koran only mentions sex with women is banned during that time!!

I leave the rest to your imagination!

Edited by scottiejohn
PS; added

On 8/19/2014 at 2:27 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

They were mainly on 1 ( The Grace ) and 3. Few ventured onto 5. I never saw a burqua in Foodlands till this visit ( I'm not saying they never went there- just not when I was, and I ate there all the time ).

They have been in 5 since the late 2000s, only the past couple of years during the Covid reprieve that they disappeared and maybe you thought that was the norm
Same with the African drug dealers, I remembered sitting in Took Lae Dee watching coppers chase them down the soi

Since the office block upstairs was converted to hotel and mall it has always been intended to serve Arab clientele, that hotel and renovation was a decade ago

You'd have to go back to the 90s to see that Foodland be frequented by more civic 'international' crowds from wireless road.

• Haha 1

On 8/15/2014 at 11:29 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Up till the last time I visited Bkk, Arabs mostly confined themselves to the Soi 3 area, but now they are everywhere on Suk. The prices have gone up astronomically, so I can only assume they are paying whatever ridiculous price is asked eg, in Took Lai Dee, prices have gone up to stupid levels and it's no longer a good place to get a reasonably priced meal.

They are also all over MBK and the prices there have also gone up to stupid levels in the foodcourt,

I figure something must have happened in their own countries to cause such an invasion in Thailand, but can anyone tell me what?

Bumrungrad hospital and soi arab (3/1) may have something to do with it.  

Ah, i see the post is 10 years old. FFS.

Edited by n00dle

43 minutes ago, digbeth said:

They were mainly on 1 ( The Grace ) and 3. Few ventured onto 5. I never saw a burqua in Foodlands till this visit ( I'm not saying they never went there- just not when I was, and I ate there all the time ).

Correct. While there have been few arabs on Soi 1, Sois 3 (the grace )and 5 have ALWAYS been their stopmping grounds. Soi 3/1 sits between 3 and 5 and that is almost entirely arab business that spill out onto 5. 

Ah, i see the post is 10 years old. nevermind.

Edited by n00dle

On 8/15/2014 at 11:29 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Up till the last time I visited Bkk, Arabs mostly confined themselves to the Soi 3 area, but now they are everywhere on Suk. The prices have gone up astronomically, so I can only assume they are paying whatever ridiculous price is asked eg, in Took Lai Dee, prices have gone up to stupid levels and it's no longer a good place to get a reasonably priced meal.

They are also all over MBK and the prices there have also gone up to stupid levels in the foodcourt,

I figure something must have happened in their own countries to cause such an invasion in Thailand, but can anyone tell me what?

60 baht in mbk for a meal

Stupid levels 555

Regarding MBK Mall, I used to regularly visit like practically a pilgrimage for some types of  shopping.

But since I saw the prices on many items were either similar or more  then in Europe and for certain small (non electronic) items cheaper on AliExpress,  I really would think twice and compare quickly on the internet,  before making any purchases. It's great visit for anybody who does not bother to compare, but everything is no nore the deal of the year at MBK.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2014 at 4:37 PM, Razzler1973 said:

Arabs have always loved visiting Thailand. I think Saudis are banned though. I was talking to a Saudi guy the other day, said he was on his way to Thailand but from Dubai as not allowed from Saudi. Over this whole 'gold' thing. I know they don't have Thais in Saudi but didn't know it extended to them not visiting. Apparently so, that is what he said. He said they apply for a new passport when they get back

Thailand and Saudi Arabia restored diplomatic ties on January 26, 2022, both countries announced they restored full diplomatic relations and would appoint ambassadors.

The 30 year travel ban was lifted in March 2022.

https://www.newarab.com/news/saudi-arabia-lift-30-year-long-travel-ban-thailand

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, ThaiHuk said:

Domestic violas still an issue today as it was 9 years ago. Shame on you for trying to silence awareness 

So start a new thread with an appropriate title and without maligning one particular group of people. Shame on you for race-baiting.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

So start a new thread with an appropriate title and without maligning one particular group of people. Shame on you for race-baiting.

You are a domestic violence apologist clearly. Hiding behind terms like “race bait”. 

Is it racist to find yourself a bit annoyed by other nationalities when travelling, or living some place which is invaded by a few nationalities with different culture and backgrounds?

Remember first time travelled to Benidorm, and met to lads from UK. Christ sake a culture shock, or as said any different cultures who comes in larger quantity. 

I avoid hotels in Bangkok I know have to much Chinese, Indians, or Middle Easterns. 

Not sure if it's a national holiday in these middle eastern countries - but the level of tourists from the middle east in lower Sukhumvit area is something like i've never seen before. Just a massive volume of them. In all of the unlikeliest places - just a stones throw from Nana Plaza and the red light district, that is the place they've decided to descend on !

They do no harm, but they have definately priced up everything in that area however. Massage shops in particular are packed to the rim with them, so prices go up naturally. 

More worryingly though, the Chinese tour coaches are creeping back too. 

17 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

You're replying to a poster that hasn't visited this website in almost two years ????

You seem to care a lot about how old a thread or a post is. Did you think that you are replying to a poster that is replaying to a poster that hasn’t posted in 2 years? 
carry on sitting above us all. We wait for your next post of horological wisdom with trepidation!!

• Haha 1

They aren't coming for the moo ka ta.

They aren't coming for Nana Plaza (at least not the women)

They aren't coming for the temples and pagodas (it's haram to step foot in infidel 'false' religion sites)

They are coming for Bumrungrad (obesity in the Middle East now exceeds even the USA). Also, being a hypochondriac is part of ME culture.

They used to come for al Qaeda-Thailand Chapter at the Grace Hotel (Hambali of Jama'a Islamiya was a guest until he moved to Ayutthaya, where he was captured).

Not so much on Sukhumvit proper, but in areas along Soi 4, there are now Muslim sharmoutah, should any man be in the mood for trying out a potential new wife.

The OP is right that their numbers have skyrocketed along Sukhumvit (though he was prescient by 9 years). One can see packs of giant eggplants waddling down the road, their happy young daughters in party dresses seemingly unaware that as soon as menstruation commences, they will be mutilated in their nether regions and forced to wear the eggplant outfit until death. These young girls also may end up as wifey #4, like it or not, and may already be betrothed, despite never having bled. Heck if it's good enough for the guy famous for being driven out of the town he would eventually make wildly famous, it's almost 'spiritual' for a man to imitate that deviancy. Oh, sorry, statutory rape is okay if done for 'religious purposes'.

One oddity that always strikes me is that truly strict Muslims do not consider Buddhists human beings, as Buddhists are not 'of the book'. Jews and Christians are merely 'misguided', unaware that the Last and Final Prophet, Peace Be Upon Him, followed on from the Old and New Testaments with an improved version of reality. Absent a belief in one of the three books, a being is lower than a porcine.

I'm not an adherent to any ancient superstitions, but I hold particular contempt for ones that are evil and oppressive and which have zero chance of reflecting the reality of existence.

In any event, since they're spending money, it's all good for us infidels, no matter if 'our book' is in the nightstand next to the hotel bed, or was written by Christopher Hitchens.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Walker88 said:

They aren't coming for the moo ka ta.

They aren't coming for Nana Plaza (at least not the women)

They aren't coming for the temples and pagodas (it's haram to step foot in infidel 'false' religion sites)

They are coming for Bumrungrad (obesity in the Middle East now exceeds even the USA). Also, being a hypochondriac is part of ME culture.

They used to come for al Qaeda-Thailand Chapter at the Grace Hotel (Hambali of Jama'a Islamiya was a guest until he moved to Ayutthaya, where he was captured).

Not so much on Sukhumvit proper, but in areas along Soi 4, there are now Muslim sharmoutah, should any man be in the mood for trying out a potential new wife.

The OP is right that their numbers have skyrocketed along Sukhumvit (though he was prescient by 9 years). One can see packs of giant eggplants waddling down the road, their happy young daughters in party dresses seemingly unaware that as soon as menstruation commences, they will be mutilated in their nether regions and forced to wear the eggplant outfit until death. These young girls also may end up as wifey #4, like it or not, and may already be betrothed, despite never having bled. Heck if it's good enough for the guy famous for being driven out of the town he would eventually make wildly famous, it's almost 'spiritual' for a man to imitate that deviancy. Oh, sorry, statutory rape is okay if done for 'religious purposes'.

One oddity that always strikes me is that truly strict Muslims do not consider Buddhists human beings, as Buddhists are not 'of the book'. Jews and Christians are merely 'misguided', unaware that the Last and Final Prophet, Peace Be Upon Him, followed on from the Old and New Testaments with an improved version of reality. Absent a belief in one of the three books, a being is lower than a porcine.

I'm not an adherent to any ancient superstitions, but I hold particular contempt for ones that are evil and oppressive and which have zero chance of reflecting the reality of existence.

In any event, since they're spending money, it's all good for us infidels, no matter if 'our book' is in the nightstand next to the hotel bed, or was written by Christopher Hitchens.

What are they using the hospital for? Liposuction? Or to perform the cruel and unusual surgeries on their daughters?