Overlapping Broken Clavicle

Lancelot

I broke my right clavicle in 2010. The doc put me in a figure eight brace, the fracture healed, but with 2 cm of overlap. The overlap changed my shoulder blade 'geometry' if you will, causing some muscle pain in my back, opposite the fracture. I have full mobility and strength, just some muscle discomfort.

Today I went to Dr. Chanakarn Phomphutkul for a consultation. (Great doc by the way)

After an exam and x rays, his advice was to do stretching exercises. He felt that breaking, then pinning the fracture was not worth the effort and there was no guarantee that the new fracture would heal. 

Two other doctors have given me the same advice; however, I've done stretching exercises before and I still have muscle discomfort due to the overlapping fracture.

Has any one had a fracture rebroken? If so what were the results and was the surgery worth it in terms of comfort, etc.

Thanks!

* Dr. Chanakarn gave me a ball park estimate of 100,000 THB to rebreak and pin the fracture. Seemed like a very fair price. Today's consultation and two x rays was 800 THB, again a very fair price :)