Sin Sod when parents have passed away

Chriso12

I read most of the posts here, i think people (many of them) are not aware it is different culture before they arrive in Thailand. Most of them didnt visit before and look pictures and videos, speak with cute Thai lady and decide to go to Thailand marry there and stay long time. Fact is you cannot change culture since you are visitor and not somebody who is allowed to change something. If Sin sod is part of Thai culture ( and i dont see nothing bad in Sin sod because it is different everything from western countries, somebody must take care for family after marriage it is simple thing) i have nothing against it. I see many people say i will not pay this i will not pay that, no trust family no trust wife, i mean why you want marry with that lady in first place? And many say i want pay 30 baht for marriage 500 baht for suit and thats it. come on do you pay in western country for marriage 50 euros LOL last marriage i went for my friend it costed 20.000 euro ONLY marriage and it is not considered as expensiva marriage, many farang come and say i dont want pay "dowry" i see that big disrespect for Thai culture, would you like somebody come to your country and want change culture, something that is happening for hundred of years i think you wouldnt like. Many people want have beautiful Thai lady but not think that Thais are connected with family and culture too much. Many of them come barely to survive and want to stay there because life is cheap, girls are cheap. Funny people really. I have Thai girlfriend and her parents passed away but when we marry it should be still about that she say we will have money together from that, i will give to her it doesnt matter, i not want marry in some shithole pay 30 baht and thats it. Many of you want marry because of visa, and cheap life, but dont want accept culture. I really dont understand most of people here who post all that.

A truly amazing FIRST post

A truly naive first post.

He talks about Thai culture, what culture would that be, Northern hill tribe Thai, Southern Thai, Issan Thai, Chinese Thai, Thai Muslim?

Concur, truly amazing.

That would seem to be the bar stool au go go culture but since most expats hook up with internationally educated hi-so thai girls we need not take so much concern though it must be difficult for the exceptional few that deal with the beer bar mentality girls.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read most of the posts here, i think people (many of them) are not aware it is different culture before they arrive in Thailand. Most of them didnt visit before and look pictures and videos, speak with cute Thai lady and decide to go to Thailand marry there and stay long time. Fact is you cannot change culture since you are visitor and not somebody who is allowed to change something. If Sin sod is part of Thai culture ( and i dont see nothing bad in Sin sod because it is different everything from western countries, somebody must take care for family after marriage it is simple thing) i have nothing against it. I see many people say i will not pay this i will not pay that, no trust family no trust wife, i mean why you want marry with that lady in first place? And many say i want pay 30 baht for marriage 500 baht for suit and thats it. come on do you pay in western country for marriage 50 euros LOL last marriage i went for my friend it costed 20.000 euro ONLY marriage and it is not considered as expensiva marriage, many farang come and say i dont want pay "dowry" i see that big disrespect for Thai culture, would you like somebody come to your country and want change culture, something that is happening for hundred of years i think you wouldnt like. Many people want have beautiful Thai lady but not think that Thais are connected with family and culture too much. Many of them come barely to survive and want to stay there because life is cheap, girls are cheap. Funny people really. I have Thai girlfriend and her parents passed away but when we marry it should be still about that she say we will have money together from that, i will give to her it doesnt matter, i not want marry in some shithole pay 30 baht and thats it. Many of you want marry because of visa, and cheap life, but dont want accept culture. I really dont understand most of people here who post all that.

A truly amazing FIRST post

A truly naive first post.

He talks about Thai culture, what culture would that be, Northern hill tribe Thai, Southern Thai, Issan Thai, Chinese Thai, Thai Muslim?

Concur, truly amazing.

Indeed a interesting first post. Could be a copy from a online review site.

Come back after your are together and married for 24 years, then we talk about culture.

No Sin Sod...but she will really will be please if you give her a gold ring with a big rock....of zirconia. Let her to decide if she will tell her friends and family that the rock is a 10 carats diamond...Or better...just buy a 10 carat diamond for her.....

Went to a wedding over the weekend of a friend. He's 68, she's 27. Tried to talk to this guy many times over the past few months, and always got the standard, and well used phrases:

"This one isn't like that."

"She's different."

"She would never do those things to me."

Has bought a truck, new PCX for himself, one for her, and planning on building their "dream house" on property he is buying from her parents.

It is up to this guy , how he spends his hard earned money , the age gap , who cares ?.

His best years have gone , he should enjoy the last years of his life .

doing whatever he chooses , wai.gif

Edited by elliss