Phuket thief nets B8,000 in Piggy-bank playground heist

Lite Beer

Phuket thief nets B8,000 in Piggy-bank playground heist
Eakkapop Thongtub

1408176434_1.jpg

PHUKET: This morning, Thiwa Yaem Ying, 45, of Phang Nga filed a report with Thalang Police that someone had broken into her Thalang room and stolen all her savings, which had been sealed in a ceramic piggy-bank.

Police investigated the scene, a room on the ground-floor of a three-storey building in a subsidized housing project (Baan Ueua Athon) of Si Sunthon sub-district.

There they found that four glass panels had been removed from the glass-shutter window, and the room had been in disarray.

Police inspected the area surrounding the building, and in a playground nearbye, found pieces of what apeared to be the remains of a broken piggy-bank.

Ms Wiya confirmed that it was (what was left of) her missing piggy-bank.

She said that it had more than 8,000 baht, which she had been saving for quite some time.

The investigation is ongoing.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-thief-nets-b8-000-in-piggy-bank-playground-heist-47910.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-08-16

BS there doesnt exist any room on the ground floor anywhere in thailand that doesnt have a metal window grill. so in phuket you absolutely gotta be joking.

(¬_¬)
( . Y . )

Edited by whoka

BS there doesnt exist any room on the ground floor anywhere in thailand that doesnt have a metal window grill. so in phuket you absolutely gotta be joking.

(¬_¬)

( . Y . )

I guess the joke is on me. I've not met anyone who has inspected every dwelling in Thailand.

• Like 2

(¬_¬)

( . Y . )

I guess the joke is on me. I've not met anyone who has inspected every dwelling in Thailand.

obviously you failed inferential sample statistical analysis

• Like 1

You might want to take a look at the 2nd photo in the link from the OP. Those are quite common throughout Thailand and would be surprised that you haven't encountered them.

• Like 1

You might want to take a look at the 2nd photo in the link from the OP. Those are quite common throughout Thailand and would be surprised that you haven't encountered them.

hard to further argue BS when there is a picture

but yes have these type of windows on my ground floor room but there are bars as well.

this is obviously inside a building so the bars would be on the external windows not to mention security cameras. and human gate watchers too

(¬_¬)

( . Y . )

I hear ya.

But you gotta admit.

Phuket, no steel on ground floor window = nonsensical.

Yeah, if i want to hide money and keep it safe from thieves I hide it in a piggy bank too

Compassion for another persons misfortune cannot fit into a piggy bank.

compassion for another person cannot fit in TVF...sadly.

Listen to you clowns. Get a dose of reality. It is a big bad world out there.

If you have very little money, you live in an area where it might get stolen and you hide it in a Piggy bank??

Thieves are low lifes but in this case it was made all too easy.

Yeah, if i want to hide money and keep it safe from thieves I hide it in a piggy bank too

Compassion for another persons misfortune cannot fit into a piggy bank.

compassion for another person cannot fit in TVF...sadly.

Listen to you clowns. Get a dose of reality. It is a big bad world out there.

If you have very little money, you live in an area where it might get stolen and you hide it in a Piggy bank??

Thieves are low lifes but in this case it was made all too easy.

What a nice person you are.