The best Big C! Where and how?

ByblosYuNaiSoi

Hi,

I am new to Chiang Mai, and want to go to Big C. After some time in Bangkok, I know they (and prob. only they) have what I need occasionally, under one roof.

- Which location is biggest, best, most comprehensive?

- How to get there by songtheaw (or other shared transport)? I live between Thapae Gate and Warorot Market.

Thanks very much.

I like the Big C extra on the superhighway, cheap to get to from your area, take a songtaew to the bus station and walk across the overpass, they want an extra 40 baht to drive over. Pretty good food court, beer, Mcdonalds, Kfc, pizza and DQ. I must say that the old Don Chan one is the best place to girl watch in my opinion.

• Like 1

I like the Big C extra on the superhighway, cheap to get to from your area, take a songtaew to the bus station and walk across the overpass, they want an extra 40 baht to drive over. Pretty good food court, beer, Mcdonalds, Kfc, pizza and DQ. I must say that the old Don Chan one is the best place to girl watch in my opinion.

THIS. ^^^^ It's also co-located with Homepro, which is pretty much your one stop shop for home appliances and furnishings.

THIS. ^^^^ It's also co-located with Homepro, which is pretty much your one stop shop for home appliances and furnishings.

True. And its just before Macro too... smile.png

We mainly use BIG C Hangdong (Near the Airport) and while the merchants and banks are all very good, the owners of the complex are letting it become very "run down."

All of the Canvas Awnings over the Car Park (both sides of the centre) are rotten and falling apart. The Metal Frames are also rusting and may pose a danger if not properly maintained.

Can't understand why the Management would allow such an excellent property to become such an eyesore. Much LOSS of Face Big C!

Thanks all. I need to know specifically:

- which Big C (comprehensive and big) is most practical with songtheaw from the east side, between Thapae Gate and river.

- what "superhighway" means. I think Google maps shows it as 11 and Chiang Mai Lampang road. Is that it?

Thanks again.

ps: thanks for recs for other stores; however my time in BKK taught me that only Big C carries what I need regularly.

- which Big C (comprehensive and big) is most practical with songtheaw from the east side, between Thapae Gate and river.

- what "superhighway" means. I think Google maps shows it as 11 and Chiang Mai Lampang road. Is that it?

Thanks again.

ps: thanks for recs for other stores; however my time in BKK taught me that only Big C carries what I need regularly.

Big C and Makro together does me for everything.

Of course buying in bulk doesn't suit some people.

Thanks again.

The superhighway is highway 11 sir, go to the head of the class. By the way when I posted " the bus station" I should probably have said The Arcade bus station. Good luck.

Edited by ramrod711
  • Like 1

We mainly use BIG C Hangdong (Near the Airport) and while the merchants and banks are all very good, the owners of the complex are letting it become very "run down."

All of the Canvas Awnings over the Car Park (both sides of the centre) are rotten and falling apart. The Metal Frames are also rusting and may pose a danger if not properly maintained.

Can't understand why the Management would allow such an excellent property to become such an eyesore. Much LOSS of Face Big C!

Not sure why they would use canvas awnings in this climate in the first place, they have a very limited life span and to make matters worse a pretty big hail storm came through Mae Hia a while ago and virtually shredded them.

But being Thailand they will be replaced in due course, when management deems its time.

Not sure why they would use canvas awnings in this climate in the first place, they have a very limited life span and to make matters worse a pretty big hail storm came through Mae Hia a while ago and virtually shredded them.

But being Thailand they will be replaced in due course, when management deems its time.

I actually saw a small team removing some of these canopies, and, I too thought it was about time.

That was two week ago, it sounds like if they are still there then they were only removing those which were becoming kites or arsewhips