Thai Police Criminal Records Check (For UK) can it be arranged in Thailand ?

Hi all,

I'll be returning to U.K. soon and believe,the control obsessed British,will require a Police Clearence Certificate (Criminal Records Check) before allowing me to work !!!

Looking on T.V. and the Police Clearence Service Center website,i find some info "For An Applicant Residing Abroad"

i.e. taking fingerprints,certified copies of passport and visa etc. that then need posting to Bangkok (taking about 3 weeks and costing approx.£300).

My queerie is this........can all this be arranged while IN Thailand ??

Has anyone any experience with this ???

Cheers

A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check (formally known as CRB checks) is only required by certain employers in certain sectors; e.g. if working with children or other vulnerable people.

As it seems from the above to be easy to obtain a Thai one; get one anyway; but if one is required by your UK employer then they will also need to obtain a UK one via the DBS.

Note that if a DBS check is required, it is the employer who requests one; but they can only do so after they have offered you the job. Obvioulsy such an offer would be conditional on a satisfactory DBS check.

Edited by 7by7

I just got mine, again, in Thailand. Go into any police station and request it. Takes about 30 min. as the bigwig has to sign it. Take 2 forms of id (passport, thai dl or whatever else you have). Free.

Good info and you've done it before,so you'r a pro (in my book).

I presume you've been able to show this for a previous DBS check ??

i.e.the DBS where satisfied with this as evidence of your suitability for employment (and didn't have too begin any time consuming foreign criminal records check !!!)

Also did you need finger printing ?? If you did,did the police do it there and then ??

Thanks for your very useful help.

Cheers.............I owe you a spicy papaya salad,with extra bpoo-dong (shouldn't be allowed) clap2.gif

• 7 months later...

I just got mine, again, in Thailand. Go into any police station and request it. Takes about 30 min. as the bigwig has to sign it. Take 2 forms of id (passport, thai dl or whatever else you have). Free.

What is the name and number of the form please and was it written only in Thai?

Did you need to use an authorized translation or MOFA embassy to authenticate it?

You would hope as it was a Police document it would be accepted as genuine

I don't know if this is the website you looked at, they are based in the Police HQ near Central World in Bangkok, you can use the service if you live in Thailand or overseas, there have been a number of threads about people successfully using the service http://www.pcscenter.sb.police.go.th/eng/, and some consulates provide details on their own websites.