Relatively cheap but safe places to rent in Pattaya.

OllieBear

Hi guys and girls,
This is my first post here so be gentle!

Ok, so I'm coming to Pattaya for 3 months on the 1st of September. I broke up with my girlfriend of two years and my work schedule finally allows me some time off so hi ho hi ho it's off to Thailand I go. I'm going to be training in Muay Thai for the whole time and soaking in the culture. I want to rent a apartment for the 3 months I'm there. I'm looking for somewhere close to the centre where it's all going down but don't mind heading a little further out for a nicer / more safe and secure place. My budget is around the 10k mark per month. I've set it to 10,000 baht because some other people on a reddit forum said that's more then enough to find somewhere decent. I don't need anywhere 5 stars and fancy because I plan to be out and about exploring and training most of the time. I'm going to book myself into a hotel for the first week while I get my bearings and find somewhere to rent. Do you guys know anywhere that offer safe and secure apartments? What areas would you recommend me staying in?
Lastly are there any places that offer safety deposit boxes? I know the apartment probably won't have a safe so somewhere I can lock my passport and extra cash would be ideal. Preferably in a bank?
Thanks in advance guys!
Oliver

Send me a PM with a working email address.  I have a friend who lives in a very nice place in Pratumnak who is anxious to have his place occupied for a few months - worth much more than 10K but he isn't terribly concerned about the amount.  I'll pass your email address on to him.

"I'm looking for somewhere close to the centre where it's all going down but don't mind heading a little further out for a nicer / more safe and secure place. My budget is around the 10k mark per month"

You don't have to go to the dark side for your budget, in fact taking into account you want to be near the centre it would be a bad idea. Unless you have your own transport you will find your travelling costs add up.

Just out of interest, after reading your post, I did a quick search merely typing in "Condos for rent in Pattaya" and I was amazed by how many were under 10k per month within easy walking distance of say Walking Street and LK Metro or on or very near baht bus routes (10 baht and all night service) over to Jomtien

I cant recommend any of the places I briefly looked at simply because I have never stayed in them.

As your only talking about a 3 month stay and your budget seems to be determined by what you've read rather than financial constraint, why not pay more and get somewhere nice, safe and very central.

Up it to 15k and you will probably find a nice (ish) guest house, perhaps that's something to consider also. 

10 000 per month on a 6 month contract gets you a crappy studio in central Pattaya

Decent apartments and studio's do not rent for 3 months and if they do they price is double, especially since you looking to come close to high season.

10 000 on the dark side, ie other side of Sukhumvit road CAN get you a house, but again on a 6 months contract.

So what you can realistically expect for 10 000 per month for 3 months closer or during high season? a tiny Thai style room, with small TV, air con and private toilet.

You will not have a kitchen nor will you have building security but an older style building.

Have a look at places like Maxx Central and it will give you some idea what to expect.(they do have a website)