The Overcrowded BTS

Benowa

One day i arrived with my big suitcase and took the bts to Phaya Thai and i thought to take a taxi from there. I had to carry the suitcase down myself (30 kg) and then see how i could stop a taxi on that busy road. Very dangerous and i will never use that airport link again. An airport link without escalator or place to take a taxi safely, what a huge mistake!

Because the parking at Mo chit is always overfull we don't go to the city very often. If the new skytrains are finished it will still take a lot of time to go to the city even when i live very close to the new built lines which are not running yet.

Now we have the ebola disease, in the plane to BKK i sat next to an african and i didn't feel comfortable with that. Imagine standing in an overfull skytrain while a group of africans come in, i think i would go out because i don't want to be near them now untill the ebola has been exterminated.

I know that many other big city's on the world also have overloaded trains but i guess soon that will be illegal/over because of diseases like ebola. Who wants to risk his life by travelling in a crowded train? Not me.

In Berlin Germany the new airport is allready to small before it is even finished. I hope that problem won't happen with the new skytrains in Bkk.

Why didn't you just use the Elevator then if your bag was so heavy?

I didn't see any elevator and since then i have never used that airportlink again.

The elevators are fine on the ARL, with signage as well. Very hard to miss......

Not sure what the ebola rant was about. I guess that you'll be hiding in your home for a while.....? That is why taxis cater for those who don't want to mix with others. Thankfully the colour coding of the taxis is not indicative of racial profiling nor prejudice but a prelude to a brave new world it may well be for some......

• Like 2

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One day i arrived with my big suitcase and took the bts to Phaya Thai and i thought to take a taxi from there. I had to carry the suitcase down myself (30 kg) and then see how i could stop a taxi on that busy road. Very dangerous and i will never use that airport link again. An airport link without escalator or place to take a taxi safely, what a huge mistake!

Because the parking at Mo chit is always overfull we don't go to the city very often. If the new skytrains are finished it will still take a lot of time to go to the city even when i live very close to the new built lines which are not running yet.

Now we have the ebola disease, in the plane to BKK i sat next to an african and i didn't feel comfortable with that. Imagine standing in an overfull skytrain while a group of africans come in, i think i would go out because i don't want to be near them now untill the ebola has been exterminated.

I know that many other big city's on the world also have overloaded trains but i guess soon that will be illegal/over because of diseases like ebola. Who wants to risk his life by travelling in a crowded train? Not me.

In Berlin Germany the new airport is allready to small before it is even finished. I hope that problem won't happen with the new skytrains in Bkk.

Why didn't you just use the Elevator then if your bag was so heavy?

I didn't see any elevator and since then i have never used that airportlink again.

The elevators are fine on the ARL, with signage as well. Very hard to miss......

Not sure what the ebola rant was about. I guess that you'll be hiding in your home for a while.....? That is why taxis cater for those who don't want to mix with others. Thankfully the colour coding of the taxis is not indicative of racial profiling nor prejudice but a prelude to a brave new world it may well be for some......

Mate first you didn't understand what i mean with a "normal place" in the skytrain and now you don't know what the ebola hype is about?

I don't want to be near any african who just arrived straight out of africa (like in a plane when they sit right next to you for 6 hours) but if that's weird for you then that's fine with me.

Why do you think the Thai have health checkups for every person entering Thailand at Suvarnabhumi?

Ebola hype is about right. You clearly have no idea what you are worrying about while engaging in your absurd, paranoid racial profiling on the BTS.

You want to conflate an outbreak in 3 of the poorest states in West Africa with being near Africans in general on a metro train in BKK!!! I suppose that means that when there is a cholera outbreak in a south american country that you avoid Latinos as well? Don't forget to stay away from all the Brits and Americans also given the spread of influenza in London and New York in winter......

As I suggested, you'll be safe in your home (well except for the bathroom which is statistically the most unsafe place in the home) and you can avoid all those nasty other diseases spread by people of all ethnicity and race...........enjoy your next paranoid BTS trip, perhaps wear a bubble suit if you can! smile.png

• Like 1

Ebola hype is about right. You clearly have no idea what you are worrying about while engaging in your absurd, paranoid racial profiling on the BTS.

You want to conflate an outbreak in 3 of the poorest states in West Africa with being near Africans in general on a metro train in BKK!!! I suppose that means that when there is a cholera outbreak in a south american country that you avoid Latinos as well? Don't forget to stay away from all the Brits and Americans also given the spread of influenza in London and New York in winter......

As I suggested, you'll be safe in your home (well except for the bathroom which is statistically the most unsafe place in the home) and you can avoid all those nasty other diseases spread by people of all ethnicity and race...........enjoy your next paranoid BTS trip, perhaps wear a bubble suit if you can! smile.png

https://www.internationalsos.com/ebola/index.cfm?content_id=407&language_id=ENG

Outbreak in 3 country's? Follow the news a bit more mate.

Well if they can't add more carriages then maybe they can add a whole extra train in the peak hours?? Between 5 and 7 pm there is no way you will get a normal place in the skytrain because they are all jampacked and have lines of people waiting.

For claustrofobic people or in case of spreadable diseases this is not a proper way to transport people, in Europe even pigs/chickens are not allowed to be transported like that.

Also try buying a skytrain ticket in peak hour at Siam Paragon bts, there are superlong lines for the ticketmachines. Very annoying and that's only on the most hi-so stop of the whole skytrain.

But i m still very happy with the skytrain and also amazed that is still looks so perfect after all those years.

I hate having to queue up twice to get on the skytrain, why can't they be like the underground? You pay your money, get your ticket, simples.

• Like 1

Going from the Nasa Vegas Hotel to get the train to Swampy at 6.30 in the morning with a case, airplane cabin case, and laptop case at 6.30 am. escalators not on, no signage. Imagine even a slightly unfit person trying to do that. Absolutely disgraceful, the trains do start at 6 am. I wonder who the ignoramuses responsible are?

• Like 1